Sea. Hear. Now Festival 2020 Update

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    @mcgruff10 I’ll be at the Bonny Read for lunch next Thursday.  Fake an illness and duck out of school early!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    on2legs said:
    @mcgruff10 I’ll be at the Bonny Read for lunch next Thursday.  Fake an illness and duck out of school early!
    I ll be at a 1:05 Yankees game!  Ugh 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Even better! Enjoy!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Even better! Enjoy!
    Never heard of Bonny read...what kind of food?  On cookman?
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    Even better! Enjoy!
    Never heard of Bonny read...what kind of food?  On cookman?
    Seafood! 

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Good news in general to be sure but has no bearing on concerts in general or SHN as the guidance specifically says any event with a crowd, people still need to wear masks even if vaccinated. 
    It does have a bearing as it shows that numbers are trending in the right direction and restrictions are being reduced which is a great sign for how things might be in September.   41% of adults in NJ are fully vaccinated and the state expects to reach 70% by the end of June. This is all good news and a good sign for things to come.  

That is all fabulous news but until there can be events without social distancing, I don’t see concerts returning. Could be by fall, we will see. As a baseball season ticket holder, I’ve been to the stadium with large crowds outside. Nobody, including me, is wearing a mask (at their seats). We are distanced as required. Nobody is going to wear a mask during a ten hour music festival so social distancing will likely continue to be required and you can’t have social distancing at a festival like SHN. Any event planned before the pandemic has that to overcome. 
    5 months away....
    Texas Rangers did it and nothing bad happened

How would anyone know? Texas doesn’t test that much, and for a state that has the best access to top vaccines, are cases in Texas going down? Nope , straight as an arrow in April at about 3500 cases and 55 deaths each day. That’s something bad.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited May 2021
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Good news in general to be sure but has no bearing on concerts in general or SHN as the guidance specifically says any event with a crowd, people still need to wear masks even if vaccinated. 
    It does have a bearing as it shows that numbers are trending in the right direction and restrictions are being reduced which is a great sign for how things might be in September.   41% of adults in NJ are fully vaccinated and the state expects to reach 70% by the end of June. This is all good news and a good sign for things to come.  

That is all fabulous news but until there can be events without social distancing, I don’t see concerts returning. Could be by fall, we will see. As a baseball season ticket holder, I’ve been to the stadium with large crowds outside. Nobody, including me, is wearing a mask (at their seats). We are distanced as required. Nobody is going to wear a mask during a ten hour music festival so social distancing will likely continue to be required and you can’t have social distancing at a festival like SHN. Any event planned before the pandemic has that to overcome. 
    5 months away....

How would anyone know? Texas doesn’t test that much, and for a state that has the best access to top vaccines, are cases in Texas going down? Nope , straight as an arrow in April at about 3500 cases and 55 deaths each day. That’s something bad.
    March 30th the 7day daily death average was 103. April 30th it was 51. That is half and something good. I am not agreeing with Texas methods but to not see the decline in deaths through April you are ignoring the data in front of you. Could they be in a better spot today with more restrictions and more people vaccinated? Of course. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
    Yanks and Mets hoping to have 100% capacity by July 1st.  Definitely good news for this festival.  
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    And bad news for all those people who have to watch those two sorry teams play! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:

5 months away....

March 30th the 7day daily death average was 103. April 30th it was 51. That is half and something good. I am not agreeing with Texas methods but to not see the decline in deaths through April you are ignoring the data in front of you. Could they be in a better spot today with more restrictions and more people vaccinated? Of course. 

The Times rolling stat showed TX with a 10% CFR drop over 14 days which was the influence of my comment, an improvement but a really really small one considering the abundance of vaccines available in the state. Part of my point was Texas’ testing was atrocious back in the days when they took covid seriously. Now that apparently the majority of the state does not, not sure how much disease they are not capturing in their stats.

Genesis recently announced 2 dates in the NY area (and Phil’s son is talking about learning Gabriel era songs!) for the late fall and I just got my excelsior pass the other day. It is exciting, easy to feel the joy, but with nearly a million new global cases each day (and the US with an unacceptable level of new cases to counties like Australia and NZ) and the rapid mutation of this virus and the insane vaccine hesitancy, it’s a little tough to see international travel as a quick return and/or to feel safe packed together with thousands of other fans. Hope I come around, because it’s been a land of confusion here.
    JPJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:

5 months away....

The Times rolling stat showed TX with a 10% CFR drop over 14 days which was the influence of my comment, an improvement but a really really small one considering the abundance of vaccines available in the state. Part of my point was Texas’ testing was atrocious back in the days when they took covid seriously. Now that apparently the majority of the state does not, not sure how much disease they are not capturing in their stats.

Genesis recently announced 2 dates in the NY area (and Phil’s son is talking about learning Gabriel era songs!) for the late fall and I just got my excelsior pass the other day. It is exciting, easy to feel the joy, but with nearly a million new global cases each day (and the US with an unacceptable level of new cases to counties like Australia and NZ) and the rapid mutation of this virus and the insane vaccine hesitancy, it’s a little tough to see international travel as a quick return and/or to feel safe packed together with thousands of other fans. Hope I come around, because it’s been a land of confusion here.
    Nice reference on the land of confusion. I see what you did there.  If you go to the show, I hope there isn’t something in the air that night.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    JPJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    on2legs said:

5 months away....

Nice reference on the land of confusion. I see what you did there.  If you go to the show, I hope there isn’t something in the air that night.
    Can you dance? Because I can’t 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited May 2021
    Can you sing? Will you be selling anything, possibly everything?
    "Nationally, adults under 50 now account for the most hospitalized COVID-19 patients in the country — about 35% of all hospital admissions. Those age 50 to 64 account for the second-highest number of hospitalizations, or about 31%. Meanwhile, hospitalizations among adults over 65 have fallen significantly"

If this does not tell you the vaccine is effective I am not sure what will. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II

He’s the governor of Ohio?  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....???? 
    D-Rod said:

New Jersey!  You can meet him at the pre party. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:

He’s my +1

edited May 2021
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    D-Rod said:

He’s my +1
    Sh*t, I meant New Jersey but wrote Ohio  not sure how I could get those two states mixed .   Brain cramp.   I guess I’m too excited about the pre party. 

@Weston1283 is from Ohio.  That’s why I was thinking Ohio. 
    Post edited by D-Rod on
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
    I need to invite myself to this pre party!

mcgruff10 said:
    Yanks and Mets hoping to have 100% capacity by July 1st.  Definitely good news for this festival.  

I really hope we are back to concerts soon, but not sure where da blaze was coming from with the 100% comment. Front page NYT story today on how experts are saying herd immunity ain’t happening in the US anytime soon bc we aren’t going to attain the vaccine % needed, not even close.

If we have potentially a third unvaccinated, shows like SHN could have over 10,000 unvaccinated fans unless they start denying entry to those who refuse to get vaccinated? Testing has been unreliable and an absolute nightmare and really needs to stop being a way for people to go to sporting events, now that vaccines are widely available here. Seems these issues  would end up in court, and the way SCOTUS looks these days, they strike down unvaccinated prohibitions? So we have shows with 10k unvaccinated? Would cautious  bands, maybe a PJ, even consider playing shows in that environment? Certainly a riskier environment compared to when they pulled the plug in 3/2020. Really wished we were more like Australia, 3 community cases and they shut down the WA derby, zero attendance, until there are zero cases confirmed. Then they go party at the footy. Why are we Americans so foolish?

Too many people, making too many problems... in the states.
    @Lerxst1992
    https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/04/good-news-yankees-and-mets-fans-100-capacity-at-yankee-stadium-citi-field-is-on-the-horizon.html
    But according to WCBS, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said Thursday he has his eyes on a bigger prize: “Our plan is to fully reopen New York City on July 1,” de Blasio said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

As SiriusXM’s Justin Shackil noted on Twitter, “This includes outdoor stadiums. Yankee Stadium and Citi Field will have 100% capacity on July 1st.”

@Lerxst1992

With your scenario we will never have concerts again. Also you are not factoring in that people that have had the virus already attribute towards herd immunity as well even if they are unvaccinated. I do not disagree with your sentiment towards people not getting vaccinated but it is their choice at the moment and there is nothing that we can do about that. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    mcgruff10 said:

I really hope we are back to concerts soon, but not sure where da blaze was coming from with the 100% comment. Front page NYT story today on how experts are saying herd immunity ain’t happening in the US anytime soon bc we aren’t going to attain the vaccine % needed, not even close.

If we have potentially a third unvaccinated, shows like SHN could have over 10,000 unvaccinated fans unless they start denying entry to those who refuse to get vaccinated? Testing has been unreliable and an absolute nightmare and really needs to stop being a way for people to go to sporting events, now that vaccines are widely available here. Seems these issues  would end up in court, and the way SCOTUS looks these days, they strike down unvaccinated prohibitions? So we have shows with 10k unvaccinated? Would cautious  bands, maybe a PJ, even consider playing shows in that environment? Certainly a riskier environment compared to when they pulled the plug in 3/2020. Really wished we were more like Australia, 3 community cases and they shut down the WA derby, zero attendance, until there are zero cases confirmed. Then they go party at the footy. Why are we Americans so foolish?

Too many people, making too many problems... in the states.
    this is a demonstrably false statement in that it does not only apply to the United States.  If you consume US news media you would think we are unique lot in terms of these things, but we are not, vaccination willingly to entire swaths of populations is not a problem unique to the US.  As other countries ramp up their efforts they are going to face the same issue.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• FW46778FW46778 Posts: 227
    NJ outdoor limits have been eliminated. May be go for launch.
    I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey
    FW46778 said:
    Definitely looking like SHN will be a go in 4 and a half months
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,442
    FW46778 said:

The real question is will Pearl Jam think it is safe for them and their fans to attend. 
    Get_Right said:
    FW46778 said:

The real question is will Pearl Jam think it is safe for them and their fans to attend. 
    If the CDC continues to scale back their recommendations for outdoor events, then yes, I think they would almost certainly believe it is safe for them to play
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Get_Right said:
    FW46778 said:

Or if the numbers change. 

Very promising to see all of these changes, and there will be plenty of time before September to cancel if things go south.  I was out in Philly today at a large store and then in a few spots in South Jersey, taking pictures, doing some research for work. 
    People still masked and distanced.  This is a good thing, imo, and gives me hope.   
    The love he receives is the love that is saved