2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    This is why I think we should be able to have shows in the fall. I am not saying we are going to but my feeling is we should be able to.

6 million people in the USA have been fully vaccinated already and 27 million have gotten the first dose. 1.7 Million people got the vaccination today. Cut that number today in half since you need two doses. 850,000 and multiply that by 200 days. Going by these numbers half of the the US population will be fully vaccinated by the middle of August. That imo is the worse case scenario and that daily number is only going to climb hopefully. J&J just came out today for emergency use authorization and their vaccine is a single dose and storage requirements are very easy to achieve. 

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out too. The Weeknd was the first to announce a show at the refurbed arena.

May be an image of text that says ARENA Climate Pledge Arena ClimateArena Replying to ClimateArena This is our first show announcement but will not be our first show Climate Pledge Arena is still on on track to open Fall 2021
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I don’t see europe happening this summer but I am really starting to have faith in some sort of fall tour.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    PJNB said:
    This is why I think we should be able to have shows in the fall. I am not saying we are going to but my feeling is we should be able to.

6 million people in the USA have been fully vaccinated already and 27 million have gotten the first dose. 1.7 Million people got the vaccination today. Cut that number today in half since you need two doses. 850,000 and multiply that by 200 days. Going by these numbers half of the the US population will be fully vaccinated by the middle of August. That imo is the worse case scenario and that daily number is only going to climb hopefully. J&J just came out today for emergency use authorization and their vaccine is a single dose and storage requirements are very easy to achieve. 

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out too. The Weeknd was the first to announce a show at the refurbed arena.

May be an image of text that says ARENA Climate Pledge Arena ClimateArena Replying to ClimateArena This is our first show announcement but will not be our first show Climate Pledge Arena is still on on track to open Fall 2021
    There are rumblings that a local band will be the first to play Climate Pledge Arena.... I can think of one that might fit the bill.

edited February 2021
    JB16057 said:
    PJNB said:

There are rumblings that a local band will be the first to play Climate Pledge Arena.... I can think of one that might fit the bill.

I have been saying it for the last couple of years on this very forum! Ever since the group that Pearl Jam was backing won the bid to refurbish the arena I thought that they would open the place with 4 shows. Most probably remember that a Pearl Jam residency of some form was part of the bid.  Hope they can pull it off this year.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    No evidence of vaccines work past 90 days reported yet. New deadly strains. Buckle up. Gonna be another year or more I say. Hopefully we’ll know more in 3-5 months after this first wave or the folks that got the shots months ago are studied. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • No evidence of vaccines work past 90 days reported yet. New deadly strains. Buckle up. Gonna be another year or more I say. Hopefully we’ll know more in 3-5 months after this first wave or the folks that got the shots months ago are studied. 
    Dude, if you’re going to be negative, at least don’t use the name of one of the Gigaton songs in your note.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,618
    No evidence of vaccines work past 90 days reported yet. New deadly strains. Buckle up. Gonna be another year or more I say. Hopefully we’ll know more in 3-5 months after this first wave or the folks that got the shots months ago are studied. 
    If we keep chasing every single strain, we will be in lockdown for another 10 years.  The hospital numbers at least where I am in Massachusetts are dropping rapidly.  

People are going to get sick and die of covid for the rest of our lives, no matter what we do.  

If the vaccine can protect against 95+% of symptoms and close to 100% of severe cases, that’s as good as it is ever going to get and it will be time to move on.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Hangout delayed until at least the fall. Usually scheduled in may 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381

The vaccines will never fully eliminate Covid... anymore than flu shots eradicate the flu.  The goal for vaccines is to drastically limit the spread and to drastically reduce the severity of the symptoms if someone does get sick. 

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,051
    If we keep chasing every single strain, we will be in lockdown for another 10 years.  The hospital numbers at least where I am in Massachusetts are dropping rapidly.  

People are going to get sick and die of covid for the rest of our lives, no matter what we do.  

If the vaccine can protect against 95+% of symptoms and close to 100% of severe cases, that’s as good as it is ever going to get and it will be time to move on.
    Exactly. Just needs to get to a situation where hospitals don’t get overwhelmed, the vaccines reduce the number of cases / severity, and the number of people dying from it every year is more acceptable. Society can’t be in lockdown forever
  • Sting just announced his Las Vegas residency starting again in the fall. Not sure of capacity though. I imagine it is smaller though 
    edited February 2021
    Some shows will happen this year.  Not Pearl Jam, but concerts in one way or another are coming back in 2021

Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    The Black Crowes have scheduled new dates in the Summer for outside amphitheaters. They are playing in St Louis I’m July. I am contemplating picking up a couple of tickets for it. 
    The Black Crowes have scheduled new dates in the Summer for outside amphitheaters. They are playing in St Louis I’m July. I am contemplating picking up a couple of tickets for it. 
    If a band I want to see is willing to play this summer outdoors at 25-50% capacity, ill be the first one in line for a ticket
  • The Black Crowes have scheduled new dates in the Summer for outside amphitheaters. They are playing in St Louis I’m July. I am contemplating picking up a couple of tickets for it. 
    If a band I want to see is willing to play this summer outdoors at 25-50% capacity, ill be the first one in line for a ticket
    No kidding.  That would be awesome.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Some shows will happen this year.  Not Pearl Jam, but concerts in one way or another are coming back in 2021

I fully respect that write up. No one knows what this year will bring but them saying reduce capacity early in the season has me a bit excited for what they expect later on. This is a small venue however and outdoors as well. That has to play a role in all of this for sure opening back up. Those two festivals Pearl Jam has booked already has tickets sold however and they can not dial back the attendance now. 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    Yeah, I don’t know how I would feel about that. I mean, I would feel happy for the artists and the people who wanted to go, but I don’t know whether I’d be into it or not. In the abstract the idea of a 25-50% capacity show sounds pretty unenticing to me, but at this point I’m not sure if I’d be able to resist any opportunity to see live music again. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    I haven’t bought the tickets yet, but I might just to have them in hand. I am getting my second dose of the Moderna vaccine tomorrow and my wife is getting her second dose at the end of this month, so that is not a concern. We will just have to see how things play out as we get to Summer. 
    edited February 2021
    tdawe said:
    Yeah, I don’t know how I would feel about that. I mean, I would feel happy for the artists and the people who wanted to go, but I don’t know whether I’d be into it or not. In the abstract the idea of a 25-50% capacity show sounds pretty unenticing to me, but at this point I’m not sure if I’d be able to resist any opportunity to see live music again. 
    Some of the crowds at the reduced capacity NFL games this year have still been pretty loud.

I think the Super Bowl this weekend is going to be a massive litmus test.  This has to be the first event since this started where 25,000+ are together, no?

If a few weeks pass and we dont hear anything negative tracing back to the super bowl, I think the flood gates will start to open and events will begin to resume
  • PJNB said:

I fully respect that write up. No one knows what this year will bring but them saying reduce capacity early in the season has me a bit excited for what they expect later on. This is a small venue however and outdoors as well. That has to play a role in all of this for sure opening back up. Those two festivals Pearl Jam has booked already has tickets sold however and they can not dial back the attendance now. 
    Small venue with benches instead of actual seats. Not sure how this is going to play out. 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    tdawe said:
    Some of the crowds at the reduced capacity NFL games this year have still been pretty loud.

I think the Super Bowl this weekend is going to be a massive litmus test.  This has to be the first event since this started where 25,000+ are together, no?

If a few weeks pass and we dont hear anything negative tracing back to the super bowl, I think the flood gates will start to open and events will begin to resume
    It’s hard to tell with the sports broadcasts because they may be piping crowd noise (on the TV broadcast if not in the stadium itself). But I’ve been to rock shows that are at or near 50% capacity, and generally speaking they are not as enjoyable as a full crowd. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    As much as I’d like to get excited for a 25-50% full venue, I just can’t.  I’ll hold off until full capacity shows take place.  I hope that’s 2021. 
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    Anyone ever hear of Moon Taxi or The Caverns?  Apparently this is how some smaller bands are approaching playing in 2021 and I'd love to see an EV acoustic show like this (doubt it happening but I'd take it).

https://www.thecaverns.com/above-ground/moon-taxi

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    on2legs said:

The vaccines will never fully eliminate Covid... anymore than flu shots eradicate the flu.  The goal for vaccines is to drastically limit the spread and to drastically reduce the severity of the symptoms if someone does get sick. 

100% agreed with this bud. I’m just saying we don’t know how effective the vaccine is past 90 days. I’ve had my shots and so just waiting to see what happens, though I’m taking no chances as a T1D. Hopefully we have that news soon from the original test subjects and can figure out next steps. I know it’s a negative take on the topic. I had just finished a meeting with our states top physician and he was not sharing very encouraging information. I am doing contact tracing/quarantine work on the campus I work at in my spare time and I’m not encouraged either by the lack of understanding almost a year now about safety precautions, general understanding of COVID and the amount of anti-vaccine rhetoric out there in the population. Probably best I steer clear of these discussions. I have a less hopeful take on how it’s going to go this next year. But please understand guys, I do hope I am wrong. It’s been a long year and like many of you, this lifestyle is wearing on me and my family. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    on2legs said:

100% agreed with this bud. I’m just saying we don’t know how effective the vaccine is past 90 days. I’ve had my shots and so just waiting to see what happens, though I’m taking no chances as a T1D. Hopefully we have that news soon from the original test subjects and can figure out next steps. I know it’s a negative take on the topic. I had just finished a meeting with our states top physician and he was not sharing very encouraging information. I am doing contact tracing/quarantine work on the campus I work at in my spare time and I’m not encouraged either by the lack of understanding almost a year now about safety precautions, general understanding of COVID and the amount of anti-vaccine rhetoric out there in the population. Probably best I steer clear of these discussions. I have a less hopeful take on how it’s going to go this next year. But please understand guys, I do hope I am wrong. It’s been a long year and like many of you, this lifestyle is wearing on me and my family. 

Gotcha! And thank you for your service to the community! Fingers are crossed for a positive outcome =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

Watched "Contagion" last night.    Was more interesting after seeing all this pandemic stuff. 

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926

Watched "Contagion" last night.    Was more interesting after seeing all this pandemic stuff. 

I watched this when Covid first began and we had no clue what direction it would go. Pretty scary at the time. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    bbiggs said:

I watched this when Covid first began and we had no clue what direction it would go. Pretty scary at the time. 
    Scary thing is how unprepared for COVID-19 we were and it isn’t remotely in the ballpark of a virus like that in Contagion.  
  • bbiggs said:

Scary thing is how unprepared for COVID-19 we were and it isn’t remotely in the ballpark of a virus like that in Contagion.  
    I know it’s only a movie but the one thing better about Contagion than reality is that in the movie once you had the vaccine you were good, whereas in real life you’re only kind of good.  

• PJ really doesn’t need the money so I can see them being extra cautious. Other bands will jump at the chance as soon as they can.