Options

2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    WASHINGTON (AP) — AP Source: CDC to issue guidance Thursday allowing fully vaccinated people to ditch masks indoors in many instances.

It's so weird. Here in Canada even if you are fully vaccinated they still tell us to wear a mask indoors & outdoors only in crowded places. In the USA if you get fully vaccinated, you have like superhero strength. You don't need no stinking masks. You can come up real close to a positive Covid person on a street, breathe in his Covid air & laugh at him repeatably.

2.68% of our population is full vaccinated. 35% of the US is. Its not even comparable for another couple of months. 
    It’s true but the government needs to start relaxing things for those who are fully vaccinated.  The 2.68% means about a million people are having freedom limited without any justification.  
    the justification is you can still catch and spread covid even if vaccinated. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    edited May 2021
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    WASHINGTON (AP) — AP Source: CDC to issue guidance Thursday allowing fully vaccinated people to ditch masks indoors in many instances.

It's so weird. Here in Canada even if you are fully vaccinated they still tell us to wear a mask indoors & outdoors only in crowded places. In the USA if you get fully vaccinated, you have like superhero strength. You don't need no stinking masks. You can come up real close to a positive Covid person on a street, breathe in his Covid air & laugh at him repeatably.

2.68% of our population is full vaccinated. 35% of the US is. Its not even comparable for another couple of months. 
    It’s true but the government needs to start relaxing things for those who are fully vaccinated.  The 2.68% means about a million people are having freedom limited without any justification.  
    Of course you can and no one has said otherwise aside from the far right using it as an exaggeration to justify why they are not getting vaccinated. 

Without making this another covid thread I will end it with I  think Canada needs to get its cases down and double vaccinations up to justify to the public these kind of restrictions can be lifted. This will happen in July I am hoping

This is also strategic ( I think they feel its safe to do so as well) timing to announce this for the CDC. People looking to get vaccinated has been steadily declining for days. This is a carrot for those that are on the fence. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575

CNN-People fully vaccinated against Covid-19 do not need to wear masks or practice social distancing indoors or outdoors, except under certain circumstances, the director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Thursday.

"If you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing the things that you had stopped doing because of the pandemic," Dr. Rochelle Walensky said during a White House Covid-19 briefing. "We have all longed for this moment when we can get back to some sense of normalcy."
    Walensky said the science supports the new recommendation that "anyone who is fully vaccinated can participate in indoor and outdoor activities -- large or small -- without wearing a mask or physical distancing."
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

CNN-People fully vaccinated against Covid-19 do not need to wear masks or practice social distancing indoors or outdoors, except under certain circumstances, the director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Thursday.

"If you are fully vaccinated, you can start doing the things that you had stopped doing because of the pandemic," Dr. Rochelle Walensky said during a White House Covid-19 briefing. "We have all longed for this moment when we can get back to some sense of normalcy."
    Walensky said the science supports the new recommendation that "anyone who is fully vaccinated can participate in indoor and outdoor activities -- large or small -- without wearing a mask or physical distancing."
    Big day right here. Huge milestone in the US and one that came sooner than I thought. Congratulations! 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

Of course you can and no one has said otherwise aside from the far right using it as an exaggeration to justify why they are not getting vaccinated. 

Without making this another covid thread I will end it with I  think Canada needs to get its cases down and double vaccinations up to justify to the public these kind of restrictions can be lifted. This will happen in July I am hoping

This is also strategic ( I think they feel its safe to do so as well) timing to announce this for the CDC. People looking to get vaccinated has been steadily declining for days. This is a carrot for those that are on the fence. 
    I was responding to ratherstarved saying there was no justification for vaccinated people to have their "freedoms limited". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    dr122931 said:
    Where is our Greek friend??
    In Greece probably.  ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Manu117Manu117 Burlington VT Posts: 105
    Just saw this for Dead & Co ticket requests:

*REQUIRED* I understand for all dates on Dead & Company’s 2021 Tour, proof of COVID-19 Vaccination will be required by the Event Organizer to gain entry to the GA Pit. Please keep this in mind before purchasing GA Pit tickets. If a GA Pit ticketholder does not have documentation, they will be provided an alternate viewing location. There are no exceptions to this policy.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,181
    So people who are vaccinated will demask, and people unvaccinated who hate masks will demask. How will you know the difference walking down the street.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Manu117 said:

*REQUIRED* I understand for all dates on Dead & Company’s 2021 Tour, proof of COVID-19 Vaccination will be required by the Event Organizer to gain entry to the GA Pit. Please keep this in mind before purchasing GA Pit tickets. If a GA Pit ticketholder does not have documentation, they will be provided an alternate viewing location. There are no exceptions to this policy.
    But those same relocated fans can stand behind you in the beer and bathroom lines. I respect that they are taking steps and trying but I don't see how this is going to work. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    JimmyV said:
    Manu117 said:

But those same relocated fans can stand behind you in the beer and bathroom lines. I respect that they are taking steps and trying but I don't see how this is going to work. 
    They might have separate restroom and concession areas for GA. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,217
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

I was responding to ratherstarved saying there was no justification for vaccinated people to have their "freedoms limited". 
    I stand by my point of view.  Fully vaxed should be good to go, as per CDC.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    on2legs said:
    JimmyV said:
    Manu117 said:

Yeah, maybe. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    on2legs said:
    JimmyV said:
    Manu117 said:

Yeah, maybe. 
    Just going off past experience.  Most places when I’ve had floor seats for a concert or basketball game they have separate facilities to keep out the riff raff.  😉
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

the cdc is in the States, as you well know. they make recommendations for....wait for it....the US. you have to get to a certain threshold of people vaxxed before this will, and should, become policy in Canada. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615
    Good for the CDC for finally “following the science”. I’m vaccinated and trust that I’m protected from serious illness. Funny to see these polls which show vaccinated people are more likely to not return to normalcy than unvaccinated. Meanwhile the game plan of protecting those who refuse protection at the expense of everyone else was never a logical path. You’d think the average human lifespan was 800 years judging by the way many seem content with continuing on with mass restrictions in some fallible pursuit of eradication. You get 70 or 80 years on this planet. If you want to waste 3 or 4 of them hiding in your basement be my guest, but your not getting them credited on the back end. That’s not how life works. On with the shows and those who choose a path that potentially exposes them to death so be it. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,801
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

the cdc is in the States, as you well know. they make recommendations for....wait for it....the US. you have to get to a certain threshold of people vaxxed before this will, and should, become policy in Canada. 
    It sucks, but I understand why.  Imagine someone working in a grocery store who have to police people not wearing a mask and determine if their vaccinated.  
      IMO the U.S is going to let anybody go without wearing a mask for the same reason. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    yes, the CDC just started following the science today with this announcement. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,223
    CDC finally caught up to the majority of America, yay. Let's see those hold rumors!!
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

It sucks, but I understand why.  Imagine someone working in a grocery store who have to police people not wearing a mask and determine if their vaccinated.  
      IMO the U.S is going to let anybody go without wearing a mask for the same reason. 
    Not sure what you think things are like but half the country, especially the south ditched masks months ago. I coach youth baseball in California and literally nobody, other than myself has worn a mask from day one. This madness couldn’t continue, US economy has a serious  labor shortage directly tied to restrictions and endless benefits. Biden and company are not stupid, they saw the writing on the wall and continuing as is was going to cause permanent damage and cost the Dems horribly in next years midterms.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,217
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

Agree to disagree.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 580
    Great now the thread is morphing into false takes on 'labor shortages', yikes. Endless benefits... lol. Hook, line, and sinker.
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 918
    edited May 2021
    So people who are vaccinated will demask, and people unvaccinated who hate masks will demask. How will you know the difference walking down the street.
    honestly, I dont care. I am vaxed. If someone at this point chooses not to, its not my problem. I will stand or walk without my mask regardless. I choose to go on with my life. The non-vax people can pay the price or not going forward. Time will tell. but I'm not waiting around anymore.
    Post edited by DEGBTI on
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

Not sure what you think things are like but half the country, especially the south ditched masks months ago. I coach youth baseball in California and literally nobody, other than myself has worn a mask from day one. This madness couldn’t continue, US economy has a serious  labor shortage directly tied to restrictions and endless benefits. Biden and company are not stupid, they saw the writing on the wall and continuing as is was going to cause permanent damage and cost the Dems horribly in next years midterms.
    WOW!!!! I had no idea. 
        I can only speak for Ontario and here 99% of people still wear masks indoors.  It’s not by choice. I also coach youth baseball and we’re hoping that we can get a season started in July.  Normally it begins mid May. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    DEGBTI said:
    honestly, I dont care. I am vaxed. If someone at this point chooses not to, its not my problem. I will stand or walk without my mask regardless. I choose to go on with my life. The non-vax people can pay the price or not going forward. Time will tell. but I'm not waiting around anymore.
    Same. I took 14 months out of my life, I’ve worn a mask everywhere and now I’m ready to live again. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Great now the thread is morphing into false takes on 'labor shortages', yikes. Endless benefits... lol. Hook, line, and sinker.
    Good point. 
       Rumour has it that Pearl Jam is playing Ottawa in 2022........or 2021, 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    I’m glad I found the vaccine/mask rumor thread!

• Options
    on2legs said:
    I’m glad I found the vaccine/mask rumor thread!
    Seattle is getting 4 shows in December. :wink: 

That should do the trick. 
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    We’ve all had our own experience with this over the last 14 months and counting. Lost jobs, businesses on the brink, lost loved ones, sickness. And all can certainly lead to fear, anxiety, frustration, anger, and deep depression. One of the few things I’ve learned is that I’m never going to change anyone’s mind. And I cant live in anyone else’s shoes. I don’t post on here often. And I literally don’t know any of you. But we all love this band. And no matter how we’ve dealt with this pandemic; how it’s affected us; what we think of the job the CDC and governments are doing; and who we voted for.... we all just want the same damn things. And in this circle - to enjoy and see our favorite band again and enjoy some beverages together. No matter of differences we may have regarding the above. I’ve never met ya’ll but feel a connection through being excited in these threads for shows, new music, etc. That’s what counts. Big cheers and turn it to 11. Can’t  wait for the next one and to enjoy new conversations with new people before rocking the F out. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    The ones that aren’t vaccinated may get sick. The ones that are vaccinated won’t. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Anybody else seeing weird feeds in Facebook.  Had one pop up today that said October 6 MSG, so and so is interested in this event.  Is it scalpers trying to generate interest in their tickets?  Odd.