The Food Thread

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    Everyone’s NYE feast sounds amazing. Tomorrow I am making my annual New Year’s Day pot roast. I freeze 1/2 and then have some nice hot comfort food on hand to get me through January. Will post photos when it’s done. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    GlowGirl said:
    Everyone’s NYE feast sounds amazing. Tomorrow I am making my annual New Year’s Day pot roast. I freeze 1/2 and then have some nice hot comfort food on hand to get me through January. Will post photos when it’s done. 
    LOVE a good pot roast on a cool night. 
    Unfortunately, my wife despises even the smell, so I haven't had it in 14 years lol. Can't wait to see the pictures.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Blue cheese crusted filets with all the goodies on the side tonight. Hattie B’s hot chicken for lunch. Good food day. Happy New Year, all. 
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069

To celebrate the final, miserable end to this godforsaken year, I'm smoking wings, drinking lots of beer, and listening to an 80s new wave playlist on Spotify. I wish everybody a much happier New Year!
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Switch to hair metal and you have the holy trifecta!

Enjoy, those look great.
    Just had steaks rice baked potatoes corn and many Southbound Greyhounds.  Really good.  (The food was not bad, either)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Round 1

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Xmas brunch , Oysters Rockefeller & shrimp cocktail! Eggs & breakfast sausage..
    Where does one find fresh oysters on Long Island this time of year?
    I bought them @northshore farms Hauppauge really really tasty, today we’re having New Year’s Day brunch at home! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Cliffy prime steakhouse tonight

oysters
    Shrimp cocktail
    wedge salad
    blistered shisitos
    sautéed shiitake (gross...but happy wife...)
    dru aged ribeyes 

cocktails to start and a nice natural cab franc with dinner. 

pictures later

Have done New Years with family and close friends for the past dozen or so years. This will certainly be different 

Sounds like a solid menu! Definitely going to be a weird NYE for a lot of folks but sounds like you guys are making the best of it.

Doing Chinese tonight (wife's request), which we haven't done on NYE in years. Prime filet's for wife & son tomorrow, tomahawk to ring in the new year for me. 

Yeah man. Definitely going to be different for us but these bad boys should help

I’ll be doing some hungover Chinese this weekend. 

Happy New Years to you and the family 
    Uhmm uhmm mouth watering 
    Round 1

Yes my son got me an oyster chucker board to open them! Best gift I’ve gotten in a while..
    The rest of it. Disregard the mismatched flatware lol

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    The rest of it. Disregard the
    mismatched flatware lol

Damn, looks great!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Some great looking food all around!  Happy new year’s!!! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

In about four hours all of this will be pot roast. I will post the finished product when it’s done. Time to get cooking. 
    GlowGirl said:

In about four hours all of this will be pot roast. I will post the finished product when it’s done. Time to get cooking. 
    Nice looks great! 
    GlowGirl said:

Looking forward to seeing it!
    Tonight's offering. Finished product photo later.
    Grilled octopus also having Chilean sea bass with salads..
    Girlls ready! Steaks up. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Not much I like more than a grilled pulpo

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Grilled octopus also having Chilean sea bass with salads..
    Octopus is in my top 5 favorite foods. When done right, nothing beats it. Great pic, nice presentation.
    Oh hell yeah 

Pot roast is done. Just need to pull the meat out and slice it up. Leftovers for weeks. 
    Jose any secret homeland recipes on cooking the Chilean sea bass?
    I m drooling over that octopus 
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    GlowGirl said:

Pot roast is done. Just need to pull the meat out and slice it up. Leftovers for weeks. 
    Looks delish GG and I love that pot! I've had my eye on one of those heavy duty/oven friendly pots.
    GlowGirl said:

Looking good!

Please send mine over tomorrow for dinner....with a few beers and a good hot sauce, that is the bomb

GlowGirl said:

Looking good!

Please send mine over tomorrow for dinner....with a few beers and a good hot sauce, that is the bomb

I wish I could send some over. I now have three fairly large containers in my freezer and one big container in my refrigerator. I will have to put some hot sauce in it when I eat it again for dinner tomorrow. That sounds good. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    Girlls ready! Steaks up. 
    Steaks look great. How did they turn out?
    GlowGirl said:

Looks delish GG and I love that pot! I've had my eye on one of those heavy duty/oven friendly pots.
    I love this pot. I use it for chili as well. It is cast iron enamel Dutch oven. Six quarts. Decided not to spend hundreds on a Le Cruset. It is a Lodge. I do have a two quart Le Cruset, and I honestly can’t tell the difference. 
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Good info, thank you!
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

I love this pot. I use it for chili as well. It is cast iron enamel Dutch oven. Six quarts. Decided not to spend hundreds on a Le Cruset. It is a Lodge. I do have a two quart Le Cruset, and I honestly can’t tell the difference. 
    My Le Creuset is one of my favorite possessions.
    Also - if I ever needed to brain someone I could easily do it with this item.  Lol