Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Awesome.
    We are on the beach and I couldn't run on the beach this morning.  Grrrr.  
    it was cold, but I still wanted that sunset to be viewed in a different manner.  Will trade-off to view with the six year old and be ok with it 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    Awesome.
    it was cold, but I still wanted that sunset to be viewed in a different manner.  Will trade-off to view with the six year old and be ok with it 
    That is a gorgeous sunset. I wish I was on a beach today. It is definitely ok. Plus, you will be back out there before you know it.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Awesome.
    Wildwood?  Looks awesome.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    edited December 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    Awesome.
    Bethany Beach, DE
    We have done Ocean City and Wildwood the past few years....since we are going nowhere / just hanging out at the place due to Covid the Boardwalks were not important and this fit the bill.  Really nice.
    GlowGirl said:
    Awesome.
    That is a gorgeous sunset. I wish I was on a beach today. It is definitely ok. Plus, you will be back out there before you know it.

Sunrise.  ;)
    Thanks - I know it!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    Awesome.
    Bethany Beach, DE
    We have done Ocean City and Wildwood the past few years....since we are going nowhere / just hanging out at the place due to Covid the Boardwalks were not important and this fit the bill.  Really nice.
    Awesome bud.  I went there a few times in my teens, absolutely loved it.  Enjoy your time with your family. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Awesome.
    Bethany Beach, DE
    Awesome bud.  I went there a few times in my teens, absolutely loved it.  Enjoy your time with your family. 
    Thanks!
    :) GlowGirl said:
    Awesome.

Sunrise.  ;)
    Thanks - I know it!
    Oops. Obviously it’s the sunrise if you are on the East Coast  :). Still gorgeous. 
    GlowGirl said:
    :) GlowGirl said:
    Awesome.

Sunrise.  ;)
    Thanks - I know it!
    Oops. Obviously it’s the sunrise if you are on the East Coast  :). Still gorgeous. 
    Still getting used to that after 8 years back here.  Was always drinks at sunset in SoCal

It was so nice on my run this morning that I had to stop and take a photo. This is one of my favorite parts of my run along the East River. This is approaching the Williamsburg Bridge. 
    Nice shot.  Do you ever run the bridge?
    Thanks. I have not run the bridge yet. I have walked both the Williamsburg and Brooklyn Bridges many times, but have not run on either of them. Maybe I will try it sometime if the incline isn’t too terrible. 
    GlowGirl said:
    Thanks. I have not run the bridge yet. I have walked both the Williamsburg and Brooklyn Bridges many times, but have not run on either of them. Maybe I will try it sometime if the incline isn’t too terrible. 
    The Run The Bridge 10k in Philly is awesome.  Ben Franklin Bridge....longer than yours but not by too much.  Whole lotta fun.
    GlowGirl said:
    The Run The Bridge 10k in Philly is awesome.  Ben Franklin Bridge....longer than yours but not by too much.  Whole lotta fun.
    I would love to run the Brooklyn Bridge. The views are amazing. The problem is that there are usually so many tourists clogging it up. I haven’t been on it since the pandemic so it might be less crowded now. I will have to look more into it. 
    First PT session today.  Felt good to be out of the boot, and working through a 90 min session .  Last thirty was all activity on the leg and there was a lot of "manipulation" of the tendon.  This is not fun.  
    I broke a sweat and was smiling underneath the damn mask.  
    Hopefully w/in a month I'll be out there again.  Therapist is an Iron Man vet so he had lots of good encouragement.

What have you all been doing so far in 2021?

Any running goals set for the year?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    First PT session today.  Felt good to be out of the boot, and working through a 90 min session .  Last thirty was all activity on the leg and there was a lot of "manipulation" of the tendon.  This is not fun.  
    Hopefully w/in a month I'll be out there again.  Therapist is an Iron Man vet so he had lots of good encouragement.

Great to hear that you’ve started into physio! 

Physio manipulation is indeed not fun. My hope for you is that you can avoid the use of the metal tools for myofascial release (shudder). 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I did not think I was a wimp. Then I started physio :lol:  
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    I know this guy and trust him but they are all brutal people!  ;)

Also.   I draw the line somewhere short of using metal tools to gain my o-face release.
    :lol:.  

Excellent work!! I am sure each session will get easier and bring you closer to running again. That will feel great. Keep us posted on the progress. 

My running so far is the same. Used the treadmill on Saturday. I’m getting more used to it. But today I was determined to run outside no matter how cold. I think it was the coldest I have done an outside run. It started out chilly but then actually felt refreshing after about 1.5 miles. I had on a few layers. I managed 5.5 miles. By the end the only part that was really cold was my finger tips. Even though I had on those SmartWool gloves my finger tips were tingling. Hope to stay outside the rest of the week. 
    Strong work!
    Armpits with those fingers - get em warm and back out and moving again.  :)
  • I'm still recovering from my stress fracture, it's taking forever!! My doctor told me I can run again, just have to not push it. So I am running 2 days a week. 

Hope everyone is well!
    I'm still recovering from my stress fracture, it's taking forever!! My doctor told me I can run again, just have to not push it. So I am running 2 days a week. 

Hope everyone is well!
    How long has it been?
    Good luck with the healing.

Next week's PT sessions "should let us know how close you are to being able to run", according to the therapist last night.  

Someone tell Newfie and I about pushing yourself and having a rewarding run this weekend, please!  :)

You can be our legs!
    I'm still recovering from my stress fracture, it's taking forever!! My doctor told me I can run again, just have to not push it. So I am running 2 days a week. 

Hope everyone is well!
    How long has it been?

Next week's PT sessions "should let us know how close you are to being able to run", according to the therapist last night.  

Someone tell Newfie and I about pushing yourself and having a rewarding run this weekend, please!  :)

You can be our legs!
    I should be out there tomorrow. 50% chance of rain so I hope I am outside and not on the treadmill. But I will be pushing myself either way. Hang in there, B. I hope the PT gives you good news next week. 

Newfie, glad you are healing up. Enjoy getting back into it. 
    GlowGirl said:

Hope everyone is well!
    How long has it been?

You can be our legs!
    I should be out there tomorrow. 50% chance of rain so I hope I am outside and not on the treadmill. But I will be pushing myself either way. Hang in there, B. I hope the PT gives you good news next week. 

Thanks - and hoping the weather cooperates. 
  • I'm still recovering from my stress fracture, it's taking forever!! My doctor told me I can run again, just have to not push it. So I am running 2 days a week. 

Hope everyone is well!
    How long has it been?

You can be our legs!
    Injured myself on August 13th, so over 5 months now. I got a bone stimulator that is supposed to help the healing, we'll see.

Hope you get the go ahead soon. 

I'm glad to be able to run a couple of days a week, but I'm so out of shape in comparison to where I was over the summer. Hard to believe I was running 13-16 miles some days, when now I have a hard time getting to 5 miles. 
  • GlowGirl said:

Hope everyone is well!
    How long has it been?

You can be our legs!

Thanks, hope your run goes well. I'll be doing the recumbent bike today, and probably a treadmill run tomorrow (weather sucks here right now)

Hope everyone is well!
    How long has it been?

You can be our legs!
    Injured myself on August 13th, so over 5 months now. I got a bone stimulator that is supposed to help the healing, we'll see.

Hope you get the go ahead soon. 

I'm glad to be able to run a couple of days a week, but I'm so out of shape in comparison to where I was over the summer. Hard to believe I was running 13-16 miles some days, when now I have a hard time getting to 5 miles. 
    Yay for being back to running.
    I am pretty sure August 16th is the day I blew up my ankle and tore the tendon.  I didn't stop until the end of November after the 26.2 miler but that was the day shit started to hurt a lot.

Pretty sure I had a stress fracture in March last year but three weeks off and starting back up slowly was enough for me.  Got lucky with that one.

You will be back to ten plus in no time.

I got outside today. Weather was decent. I ran 10k. Only mishap was when a car plowed through a puddle and splashed me pretty good. Luckily my shoes didn’t get wet. Running with wet feet is the most uncomfortable. Got me mostly from the thighs up. At least it wasn’t freezing. It dried by the time I finished the run. 
    Nice work!
    I got a splashdown last year and all I could do was laugh.  I was waiting to cross and didn't even think about it, was list in my head.  
    Would like to think I learned a lesson!