Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    That's beautiful 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

Wow. The sky looks awesome. Nice photo. 
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 634
    So last week was a low mileage week. Fantastic time camping near the coast with my wife and daughter and a few short runs.

Long run this weekend we are doing 23 miles at goal pace (slooooooow) but getting some night time practice, heading out at 10.30pm with the head torches
    beano.79 said:
    So last week was a low mileage week. Fantastic time camping near the coast with my wife and daughter and a few short runs.

Long run this weekend we are doing 23 miles at goal pace (slooooooow) but getting some night time practice, heading out at 10.30pm with the head torches
    Camping sounds like fun. Good luck this weekend. I am visiting my parents and ran today in their neighborhood. There are so many hills, but it is a nice change of pace.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    23 miles at night - sounds like a fun run.
    Enjoy it!

Glad that you get to see your parents again, GG.  Enjoy the hills!

I am still limping around from last weekend but ran the last two mornings and tomorrow morning will be an easy 8.  
    My quads are still hurting, will start very slow and no sprinting at all this week.

Well.. that was a new experience. Headed out at 10.20pm and finished at 2.50am. we need to get used to running through the night so this was a start. Out in the great British country side. The only light was from our head lights. The stars looked incredible and the owls, foxes and Badgers did their best to make us feel nervous 😂 but a good 23 miles in the bag
    beano.79 said:
    Well.. that was a new experience. Headed out at 10.20pm and finished at 2.50am. we need to get used to running through the night so this was a start. Out in the great British country side. The only light was from our head lights. The stars looked incredible and the owls, foxes and Badgers did their best to make us feel nervous 😂 but a good 23 miles in the bag
    Wow. That sounds like an amazing adventure. You basically ran a night marathon. How was the terrain?

That is sweet!  
    Interested on the terrain as well.
    Was that about the pace you wanted?  Seems faster than I thought it would be...
    Today was a cross day for me.  Just spent an hour fifteen pushing the lawnmower and jumping in the pool for a bit.
    Easy day!
    Pace was pretty accurate.. around 11.45min miles and 100 mile target pace is 12 min miles.

It was mostly roads last night with a few miles across farm land trails. Not alot of houses on the route so it was very quiet and earie. On the day we will be running through Sherwood forest over night and I'm sure there's going to be lots of strange Shadows and noises 😂😂
    We enjoyed it but we both agreed if we were alone it would have been alot creepier and maybe alot faster 😂

I like the sound of your pool better 💦 

Just 3 weeks away from our 12 hour overnight training run. Taking our crew along to iron out the race strategy
    That is very cool.
    Robin Hood could help you if you need it!
    That is very cool.
    Robin Hood could help you if you need it!
    I feel Kevin Costner would be more helpful than Russell Crowe
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    What about the little fox dude? He seemed pretty good. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    I forgot about Jamie!
    I forgot about Jamie!

Ha ha!

JPG

Well THAT'S an unsatisfying pic to post :lol: 
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    beano.79 said:
    The stars, in a clear, completely unpolluted (both light and smog) night sky, in the middle of the ocean.... one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Perks of being a Sailor. Lol I bet that was beautiful  from the country side.
    beano.79 said:
    The stars, in a clear, completely unpolluted (both light and smog) night sky, in the middle of the ocean.... one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Perks of being a Sailor. Lol I bet that was beautiful  from the country side.
    I can imagine that would be incredible
    edited June 2021
    My watch has feedback on every activity you do....and this morning after my run I was walking to cool down and scrolled through to see this, under Training Status:
    Unproductive

:lol: 

What the fucking fuck?

When I opened my app on my phone it says that my training load is too focused on high intensity activities and I should consider mixing in more low aerobic activities to be more productive.

Ummm...these miles aren't going to run themselves, Mr Watch!  ;)

Perhaps there is a spot for me to indicate what I am training for....there are no training programs I can find that tell me to run less miles and do more walking or swimming.  There are programs that add more of those activities (or elliptical, etc) to the more running part, and I will likely do that....but a certain mileage seems to be needed to lift my conditioning from 'dude who can run 10 miles without feeling like death' back to 'dude who can run 20 miles without feeling like death' and beyond, to 'dude who can run 30 miles without really feeling like death' so that I can do the 50k as fast as I can and only marginally feel like death.

Watch/app are supposed to encourage me!

Was good for a laugh, anyway.
    I was wondering what kind of headphones you all use when you run. I was using Bose Soundsport for a while, and then switched to Jaybird Tarah Pro - which I love. Yesterday my right earphone crapped out - complete silence. I called their tech support and after trying a few failed fixes, we determined they are done. I need to send them some info to see if they are still on warranty. The issue is that they don't make them anymore. They now only make ones that are completely wireless. Mine were bluetooth, but had a cord that attached to both earbuds and went around the back of my neck. I like the cord because it makes me feel that I have less of a chance of losing one if it falls out of my ear. However, I found that a lot of the good brands are now completely wireless. For those of you who run with wireless - do they stay in ok? I am considering the Jaybird Vista 2's. Or Jabra makes some. These two brands have high ratings for being sweatproof and water resistant. Any thoughts? I don't want the kind that go over your head - I prefer the in the ear models. Thanks.
    I also prefer in ear with cords around back of your head to connect them.
    JBL.
    On my second pair and they are nothing special but are cheap enough and do the job.
    I don't get ten hours, that is bullshit advertising, but I also play at full volume for my rock and metal listening pleasure.  
    Could do a lot worse but I have not had others to run in.
    I have corded headphones from JBL that I've had forever which I still use and enjoy when on planes or somewhere I don't mind having it plugged into my laptop, tablet, or phone 

Thanks, B. Those JBL look like they may do the trick. I am going to see what Jaybird says in terms of my warranty. It would be great if they had a stock of the Tarah Pro somewhere to replace mine even though they are not selling them anymore. But at least the JBL may be what I am looking for. Thanks again. 
    No worries.  Hope you like if you get some.  Figure for me (and it sounds like for you as well) that they are important to the whole deal.  $99 a year seems like nothing to pay for the benefit of loud music.
    No worries.  Hope you like if you get some.  Figure for me (and it sounds like for you as well) that they are important to the whole deal.  $99 a year seems like nothing to pay for the benefit of loud music.
    I ordered the JBL’s you recommended. They should be here in time for my run on Saturday.  I will let you know how I like them. Jaybird said my warranty was expired. They lasted a year and a half. I think the sweat from running shortens the lifespan a bit on these things. 
    edited June 2021
    I have some Beats... They sound horrible and muddy but were a free gift with my phone contract so 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Post edited by beano.79 on
    beano.79 said:
    I have some Beats... They sound horrible and muddy but were a free gift with my phone contract so 🤷🏼‍♂️
    I just charged up my Bose Soundsport to wear while I wait for myJBLs.  The sound on those is really good, better than my Jaybirds were. The problem with them is that the earbuds are too big for me. They stick out really far and are uncomfortable for my ear. They may work better for others. Also, while they were under warranty I had to exchange them twice for different issues. I don’t think they are rated as highly for sweat or rain. So there is that as well. 

If I ever decide to go completely wireless the Jaybird Vista 2 looks great. Highly rated. They are also completely sweatproof and waterproof. Apparently you can even go underwater with them. But at $200 I would be afraid to lose one since they are not attached together by a cord. 
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    I just charged up my Bose Soundsport to wear while I wait for myJBLs.  The sound on those is really good, better than my Jaybirds were. The problem with them is that the earbuds are too big for me. They stick out really far and are uncomfortable for my ear. They may work better for others. Also, while they were under warranty I had to exchange them twice for different issues. I don’t think they are rated as highly for sweat or rain. So there is that as well. 

If I ever decide to go completely wireless the Jaybird Vista 2 looks great. Highly rated. They are also completely sweatproof and waterproof. Apparently you can even go underwater with them. But at $200 I would be afraid to lose one since they are not attached together by a cord. 

If the cord goes completely out of style those of us who prefer them could always make one and "tie" them together.  :lol:   
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:

If the cord goes completely out of style those of us who prefer them could always make one and "tie" them together.  :lol:   
    Nothing that a little plastic cord and crazy glue can’t fix!

This weekends training runs. Slightly lower mileage next week as the week after we are going overnight 6pm til 6am 😨😂
    Nice work, how do you guys feel?