2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• One thing to keep in mind is Pearl Jam is not going to be one of the first groups to rush out and start having concerts again.  They were one of the first big acts to cancel their tour and will be one of the last to return.  That's why I see 2021 as unlikely.  
    I see it differently.  They applied reason and logic to determine they should cancel, rather than waiting for bureaucrats.  Barring any new information, reason and logic indicate the vaccine should have things well under control by the summer.  It is completely reasonable for them to book fall dates.  Two festivals are already on the books, not to mention an entire European tour.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    ryph raph said:
    One thing to keep in mind is Pearl Jam is not going to be one of the first groups to rush out and start having concerts again.  They were one of the first big acts to cancel their tour and will be one of the last to return.  That's why I see 2021 as unlikely.  

Or they may just call it quits.

And only do the one off charity performances every few years.

That went dark fast :(

I always kind of felt like PJ would keep going until they couldn't.   They've always been pretty good at figuring out the balance that lets them continue (shorter small tours etc..).   I bet the unwanted time off will make them jones more to play live.   Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I would of said PJ wouldn't be the kind of band to schedule in dates, that they would have to bump yet a 2nd time, but next summers Euro tour seems questionable.   I would hope they tour in 2022.

I also expect a lot of bands will be jonesing to do live shows when the pandemic ends.  Either because they haven't played in years, they need the income, or they want to make sure their crew gets paid.    I feel like the competition for venues and fan's ticket money will be high that first year (or two) after the pandemic ends.

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    I’m optimistic we’ll see some shows next fall.  Especially with vaccines rolling out soon.  Not a given but I feel like we’re moving in the right direction.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Groda03Groda03 Posts: 140
    I think Ohana happens at the end of September.  Outdoors, smaller venue, 10 months from now.  I am really hopeful for this.  
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Groda03 said:
    I think Ohana happens at the end of September.  Outdoors, smaller venue, 10 months from now.  I am really hopeful for this.  
    Been feeling the same - don't expect much before then, at least for the US. At this rate, I'd almost prefer to see Ohana and others pause ticket sales so that if they need to do it with reduced crowds they have it set in place (and open tickets up if things are looking more positive in the spring/summer). Get some more sponsors to offset the lower ticket sales if needed.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Agree.  I think Ohana is the next PJ show and I'm glad I have tickets.  I'd love for the rollout to go quickly and get to use my Budapest tix but I'm not betting on it.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I'm optimistic for next year.  Last week I got charged for the sea, hear, now festival.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i'd love to do ohana. ed and the band on the beach in one weekend. fugggg. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    I also see Ohana as the first gig, and I'm pretty fricken happy I have tickets!
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited November 2020
    Spring 2021 is completely out.  I think there is still some degree of hope for Europe Summer 2021 depending on how this winter goes and how the vaccines are distributed.  The logistics of the EU tour are already planned, dates announced, tickets sold, etc, which saves a huge step on the bands end.  I bet they haven't even begun to try and re plan the canceled US Spring 2020 dates (rightfully so).  I would look for the canceled US shows to be coordinated next fall around Ohana and Sea.Hear.Now.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-submit-emergency-use-authorization

Looking for emergency use to be given hopefully in the middle of December right now. Lets get this ball going! Almost a year of the vaccine being out has me extremely hopeful for a fall 2021 tour. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    It will be interesting to see which shows from the Spring 2020 tour plans get kept and which ones get scrapped.  They're not all going to make it.  Also wonder which of the planned Fall 2020 shows will make the cut.  Maybe they'll pull half of each and consolidate into one Fall/ Winter tour in 2021, assuming things go as planned with the vaccine.  As others have said, there's zero chance it happens earlier than that in the U.S., so lets hope a year from now we're seeing live shows again.
    edited November 2020
    bbiggs said:
    It will be interesting to see which shows from the Spring 2020 tour plans get kept and which ones get scrapped.  They're not all going to make it.  Also wonder which of the planned Fall 2020 shows will make the cut.  Maybe they'll pull half of each and consolidate into one Fall/ Winter tour in 2021, assuming things go as planned with the vaccine.  As others have said, there's zero chance it happens earlier than that in the U.S., so lets hope a year from now we're seeing live shows again.
    I would doubt any from the spring tour get cut. I think they will get split up into leg 1 and leg 2 differently now but there really is no reason to cut any shows minus issues with the venues. 

Also some of these tickets have been sold 10 times over on the new system they have put in place for resale. If any of these get cancelled that is going to be a mess trying to sort out I bet.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    I think re-scheduling will be a nightmare. I'm assuming that bands that have ppd shows will have priority with re-scheduling shows compared to bands that didn't have anything previously scheduled.  Also have to work around the adjusted NHL & NBA schedules too. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    I would doubt any from the spring tour get cut. I think they will get split up into leg 1 and leg 2 differently now but there really is no reason to cut any shows minus issues with the venues. 

Also some of these tickets have been sold 10 times over on the new system they have put in place for resale. If any of these get cancelled that is going to be a mess trying to sort out I bet.
    My 2 cents:  Spring 2020 plus Ohana and SHN become Fall 2021.  Swing state tour that was never announced for Fall 2020 becomes Fall 2022 for midterm elections.  Euro 2020 has a 50% chance of being Euro 2021 as announced; otherwise, Euro 2022 summer.  Australia/NZ Jan/Feb 2022.  South America March/April 2022. You heard it here first.  Someone send me some tickets if I’m right!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:

My 2 cents:  Spring 2020 plus Ohana and SHN become Fall 2021.  Swing state tour that was never announced for Fall 2020 becomes Fall 2022 for midterm elections.  Euro 2020 has a 50% chance of being Euro 2021 as announced; otherwise, Euro 2022 summer.  Australia/NZ Jan/Feb 2022.  South America March/April 2022. You heard it here first.  Someone send me some tickets if I’m right!
    Agree, but one of Aus/NZ or South America will be just a few (4-6) festival shows.... too many shows for the band to play in that time period, even with a what could be 3 year break
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Hmmm...now 3 vaccines almost good to go - wondering when we will see the PJ fall dates announced...maybe in December once there is formal FDA EUA for the vaccines? From there it’s just blocking and tackling.  

Hopefully not a sign of things to come

but Billie Eilish just changed her entire tour from “postponed” to “canceled” and is issuing refunds for all tickets 
  • Hopefully not a sign of things to come

but Billie Eilish just changed her entire tour from “postponed” to “canceled” and is issuing refunds for all tickets 
    Such odd timing to do that, just as vaccines are launching and talk of return to normal by fall.  It’s been said before but I’d rather hold existing tickets as long as necessary than have the thing scrapped and start again.

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765

Such odd timing to do that, just as vaccines are launching and talk of return to normal by fall.  It’s been said before but I’d rather hold existing tickets as long as necessary than have the thing scrapped and start again.
    Wondering if it’s for logistical reasons and we might see more cancellations.   I’m simply guessing and have zero inside knowledge but now that it’s becoming clear that fall 2021 has a chance of full stadium/ arena tours I could see band putting holds on venues of postponed dates.   My opinion is behind the scenes it’s a mad scramble for venue holds and some acts start to realize they are now looking well into 2022 for a reschedule.

for what it’s worth I would image after 30 years of touring Pearl Jam has a great working relationship with most venues/promoters and may have already secured their holds.  
        This might legit,  me being extremely hopeful, more of my crazy talk or a mixture of all three.  

Just my two cents 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • D-Rod said:

Wondering if it’s for logistical reasons and we might see more cancellations.   I’m simply guessing and have zero inside knowledge but now that it’s becoming clear that fall 2021 has a chance of full stadium/ arena tours I could see band putting holds on venues of postponed dates.   My opinion is behind the scenes it’s a mad scramble for venue holds and some acts start to realize they are now looking well into 2022 for a reschedule.

for what it’s worth I would image after 30 years of touring Pearl Jam has a great working relationship with most venues/promoters and may have already secured their holds.  
        This might legit,  me being extremely hopeful, more of my crazy talk or a mixture of all three.  

Just my two cents 
    I hope you’re right.  Having the postponed tour tickets to look forward to at some point is one positive thing in this very negative year.  It would be a real gut punch if that was taken away!

Can you imagine being at the first show played after the pandemic ends.

To be in the presence of that mad energy would be amazing. 

There's this little part of me that hopes is the old spring tour that gets rescheduled, and ends up being first, and then they do it in reverse order :)
  • Zod said:

There's this little part of me that hopes is the old spring tour that gets rescheduled, and ends up being first, and then they do it in reverse order :)
    I think there’s a good chance the spring 20 tour becomes fall 21 and is the first set of shows.  I wonder if there might be some apprehension at the first show.   

Zod said:

I think there’s a good chance the spring 20 tour becomes fall 21 and is the first set of shows.  I wonder if there might be some apprehension at the first show.   
    I don't really see concerts happening until it's safe to do so.   If the vaccine has been adopted enough by the fall then I'm guessing it gets further delayed?

I sort of envision the world celebrating like the ewoks did at the end of Return on the Jedi.  Sure it'll be a bit weird going back into massive public places, but at the same time I think we're all going to be super enthusiastic about going to concerts again.

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    If any shows happen in the US next year, they will probably be outdoor only shows and they'll probably still require masks. So sheds or stadiums in the fall could be realistic.
    If any shows happen in the US next year, they will probably be outdoor only shows and they'll probably still require masks. So sheds or stadiums in the fall could be realistic.
    I guess?  I don't really see them starting a new tour until the previous committed tours are done.  I also don't see them cancelling all the tickets to book at outdoor venues.

The be honest I don't see how outdoor helps.  Whether it's an indoor or outdoor venue your jammed in tight proximity with a lot of people.   If the virus is around, it's going to spread regardless of indoor/outdoor.

I only see a touring happening if Covid's almost all but gone, and they it won't matter.  Best case scenario is that could be fall 2021, but that's best case scenario.. it could take longer to get that many people vaccinated :(
    edited December 2020
    Zod said:
    I guess?  I don't really see them starting a new tour until the previous committed tours are done.  I also don't see them cancelling all the tickets to book at outdoor venues.

The be honest I don't see how outdoor helps.  Whether it's an indoor or outdoor venue your jammed in tight proximity with a lot of people.   If the virus is around, it's going to spread regardless of indoor/outdoor.

I only see a touring happening if Covid's almost all but gone, and they it won't matter.  Best case scenario is that could be fall 2021, but that's best case scenario.. it could take longer to get that many people vaccinated :(
    I am not saying this to argue or downplay covid. I am a firm believer on locking shit down right now and protecting those that can get severely sick from covid. That said if by summer most of the people if not all that want a vaccination shot that are high risk or essential workers what is to stop us from being normal again? I get it we will still be shell shocked from this huge change in our lives and it would be odd to jump right back in but was this whole lockdown not to save the vulnerable and allow our hospitals to not be overrun? I just don't get the need to have it all but gone since I do not see that ever being a possibility in the foreseeable future.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Damn I just realized I need to renew my passport, any clue if they are accepting them?  I need to make that quebec city show!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    mcgruff10 said:
    Damn I just realized I need to renew my passport, any clue if they are accepting them?  I need to make that quebec city show!
    They are accepting them.  I sent mine in to be renewed last month.  Taking 4-6 weeks.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    Still got those tickets for you. Hope you can make the trip next fall!