So how about those fan club singles *edit* THAT I FINALLY GOT!!

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    what are we waiting of those? some vinyl still to sent us?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    They have treated their fans like garbage. Not sure if it’s legal to take money for goods that were not delivered , any lawyers on here? Is there fines for lieing to consumers and not providing goods that were paid for 3 years ago? What is our options?

tenclub, an update would go along way. Interested in communicating anything with the people?
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/267256/2016-ten-club-single-legal-action#latest

Proof that at least two people can have the same ridiculous idea. 
    I understand your whole point being on this forum is to stick up to the tenclub in every instance, for whatever reason --

-- but what is ridiculous here from that posters POV? 

What is ridiculous is Tim Bearmans ( @Rubysdad ) response to the AG (when a poster contacted an AG) with "we never promised a delivery date and making vinyl takes time" or whatever he used as a reason. 

... It's been a couple of years now. Lol. Seems a lot of other vinyl has been pressed and delivered. Both from the PJ camp and other artists.

You haven’t paid attention.  I’ve said many times that this is poor customer service.  

I’ve just be very clear in saying that some people are making a ridiculous mountain out of a mole hill.  There is one person in particular who has suggested hiring an attorney to sue, actually complained to the Attorney General of the state of Washington and also threatened to release personal email addresses for ten club employees as a way to retaliate. Way over the top behavior and worthy of scrutiny. 
    they didn't actually threaten to release personal information. this information is readily available online. they actually said "i was going to post it here, but decided against it" or something along those lines. i saw the exact post. i saw nothing of a threat whatsoever, even if the mods saw it differently. 
    The mods deleted the post. They saw it for exactly what it was.  A threat of retaliation.  

You’re seriously defending someone who suggested doing that over a record?
    Releasing an email address that anyone/everyone can find doing a google search is not a threat of retaliation. Not only can you find it on the internet, it was the email address that he replied back to the AG with. All of that information is public information.

In Tim's response to the AG, he called us customers. Have you ever asked to speak to a manager? Do you think it does any good to speak to a manager instead of someone who just answers emails with canned responses like the others at the 10c? Tim is the manager on 10c and this falls on him. I don't know if Tim is causing the delays but I do know that he can instruct the company that he manages to give us an update with real information. The last official update we received was over 6 months ago. I'd say that amount of time justifies an official update.

Do you really think that is an unreasonable request?
    Dude.  You specifically said that you got Tim’s email from the paperwork sent to you by the AG.  And you specifically said you were contemplating posting it here because you weren’t getting the response you wanted.  Thats unreasonable behavior. 
    Dude, I did not specifically say I was contemplating on releasing it. I have the post saved, do you? Stop making things up!!!

You obviously do not care about the singles and that is totally OK. You keep coming back to these threads to troll those that do care. Your behavior is so reasonable!!!
     I don’t have your post saved.  But then again I’m not preparing a court case against the ten club. 

Maybe the fact that the ten club deleted it might be a clue to you that your behavior was out of line. 

again, i've seen much less "out of line" posts removed. that's not the right barometer. 
    Let me guess... the much less “out of line” posts that were removed were yours? 😉
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    They have treated their fans like garbage. Not sure if it’s legal to take money for goods that were not delivered , any lawyers on here? Is there fines for lieing to consumers and not providing goods that were paid for 3 years ago? What is our options?

tenclub, an update would go along way. Interested in communicating anything with the people?
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/267256/2016-ten-club-single-legal-action#latest

I understand your whole point being on this forum is to stick up to the tenclub in every instance, for whatever reason --

What is ridiculous is Tim Bearmans ( @Rubysdad ) response to the AG (when a poster contacted an AG) with "we never promised a delivery date and making vinyl takes time" or whatever he used as a reason. 

... It's been a couple of years now. Lol. Seems a lot of other vinyl has been pressed and delivered. Both from the PJ camp and other artists.

You haven’t paid attention.  I’ve said many times that this is poor customer service.  

I’ve just be very clear in saying that some people are making a ridiculous mountain out of a mole hill.  There is one person in particular who has suggested hiring an attorney to sue, actually complained to the Attorney General of the state of Washington and also threatened to release personal email addresses for ten club employees as a way to retaliate. Way over the top behavior and worthy of scrutiny. 
    they didn't actually threaten to release personal information. this information is readily available online. they actually said "i was going to post it here, but decided against it" or something along those lines. i saw the exact post. i saw nothing of a threat whatsoever, even if the mods saw it differently. 
    The mods deleted the post. They saw it for exactly what it was.  A threat of retaliation.  

Releasing an email address that anyone/everyone can find doing a google search is not a threat of retaliation. Not only can you find it on the internet, it was the email address that he replied back to the AG with. All of that information is public information.

In Tim's response to the AG, he called us customers. Have you ever asked to speak to a manager? Do you think it does any good to speak to a manager instead of someone who just answers emails with canned responses like the others at the 10c? Tim is the manager on 10c and this falls on him. I don't know if Tim is causing the delays but I do know that he can instruct the company that he manages to give us an update with real information. The last official update we received was over 6 months ago. I'd say that amount of time justifies an official update.

Dude.  You specifically said that you got Tim’s email from the paperwork sent to you by the AG.  And you specifically said you were contemplating posting it here because you weren’t getting the response you wanted.  Thats unreasonable behavior. 
    Dude, I did not specifically say I was contemplating on releasing it. I have the post saved, do you? Stop making things up!!!

You obviously do not care about the singles and that is totally OK. You keep coming back to these threads to troll those that do care. Your behavior is so reasonable!!!
     I don’t have your post saved.  But then again I’m not preparing a court case against the ten club. 

Maybe the fact that the ten club deleted it might be a clue to you that your behavior was out of line. 

again, i've seen much less "out of line" posts removed. that's not the right barometer. 
    Let me guess... the much less “out of line” posts that were removed were yours? 😉
    nope
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

what are we waiting of those? some vinyl still to sent us?
    two vinyls and not sure anymore how many deep mags. 2? 3?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    on2legs said:
    Polite message asking for update
    Not so polite message asking for update
    Polite mail asking not so polite people to be polite
    Not so polite mail stating if you do not accept impolite message you don't care about this subject
    Not so polite response stating that is fucking ridiculous
    More impolite messages back and forth
    Thread locked
    Wait six months
    Repeat
    That’s pretty accurate.  
    We can all agree on this!

• on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

It's pronounced "thermometer." 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

It's pronounced "thermometer." 
    LMAO
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• bonebone Posts: 493
    edited October 2020
    Though I'm not obsessing over when these arrive the "it takes time" or any Covid excuses are nothing but just that... Excuses.  

A mid-level Canadian artist I admire was able to write, recorded, press, personally sign and deliver a full album to his fans since the COVID pause.  These aren't delayed by a manufacturer due to COVID.  The club just either doesn't give a shit about getting them out or has already spent the money elsewhere and can't generate the funds to manufacture them.  That's what's most likely going on here. 
    Post edited by bone on
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • People have the power!
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    bone said:
    The club just either doesn't give a shit about getting them out or has already spent the money elsewhere and can't generate the funds to manufacture them.  That's what's most likely going on here. 
    You might be on to something. That might be why they just sold 50 autographed posters at a grand each.

• brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    I just got a membership renewal notice today and it got me upset. I remember this time last year I said I would renew because this is the year that they will send us the overdue singles......but nothing. Again. It’s not right 10c!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    That occurred to me too.  The 2016 single, seems like it was supposed to be a 2017 single, until they forgot they never sent one out in 2016 and rename it to 2016.   They might of used the budget on other things.  

I think PJ/10c is a bit unique.  10c isn't only the fan club.  They seem to handle most of PJ's operations including the online store.    It makes it feel like fans directly pay for PJ's active operations through fan club dues.   Most other bands separate their fan club from their general operations.   They might of spent it on overhead.. who knows?  It does seem odd, that other vinyl keeps coming out, while these would seem ready to press.

I'm also wondering what happened with that fire where the factory that makes the liqueur's for pressing vinyl got damaged.  I thought it was going to slow down vinyl for a long while, but more and more vinyl seems to be coming out everywhere.
    Its shame that we have to guess what is going on when all they have to do is just tell us. Once again, no one here is demanding these records tomorrow. We just want some communication and for someone to step up and take some responsibility here.

I've been mocked for years and am still mocked to this day over the same thing we've been talking about for over 3 years. It's been over a year since I contacted the AG's office which was the reason why we got any communication on this a year ago. They told us to update our addresses a year ago. They knew damn well that they weren't going to be sending this stuff out but they were pretending that they were to silence us for a moment.

Not having the records in my hands is not what bothers me. The dishonesty and lack of communication is pathetic. We are all adults here and can handle the truth. Why not share it? No one seems to care. Pearl Jam is 30 years old. I would never imagine this is how they want to treat their fan club but somehow it is.
  • rb173565rb173565 Posts: 101
    in march of this year metallica launched its vinyl club aiming to issue 4 vinyl singles per year. got the 1st one yesterday. they had delays too for various reasons which they communicated and apologised profusely for. i'll assume metallica's operation is somewhat larger but thats how you do it. 
    JB16057 said:
    Its shame that we have to guess what is going on when all they have to do is just tell us. Once again, no one here is demanding these records tomorrow. We just want some communication and for someone to step up and take some responsibility here.

I've been mocked for years and am still mocked to this day over the same thing we've been talking about for over 3 years. It's been over a year since I contacted the AG's office which was the reason why we got any communication on this a year ago. They told us to update our addresses a year ago. They knew damn well that they weren't going to be sending this stuff out but they were pretending that they were to silence us for a moment.

Not having the records in my hands is not what bothers me. The dishonesty and lack of communication is pathetic. We are all adults here and can handle the truth. Why not share it? No one seems to care. Pearl Jam is 30 years old. I would never imagine this is how they want to treat their fan club but somehow it is.
    Hey man I just want to say thanks for potentially lighting a fire under their ass. I am holding a torch behind you. I find it a bit hypocritically that a band who typically stand for doing what's right, who champion records/vinyl, who are kind to people through their foundations.....treat their diehard fans with no respect. Whether it's the band or the club or both....it's not right! It is making me judge the band.
  • I really wish you could file a chargeback from 3 years ago on your cc.
    Except you'd have to return the shirt, any tickets purchased, forum access, 10C radio access, anything sold on the shop to members, etc.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    It seems that 10c and its subscribers see the singles differently. As a subscriber I always thought it was part of what I was paying for each year and one of the main reasons I signed up year after year. Its starting to really concern me about what has happened to all the money I paid. 
    Spotted a stack of the annual singles in the background of the photo from Ed’s interview with Howard Stern today.  Maybe waiting waiting for Ed to sign them?

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    ...and a copy of the new Springsteen album just beside his left elbow
    How come the [2017 Single: Wildflowers/Keep Me in Your Heart] is not available as digital download? I am not seeing that. I am seeing the download for  [2018 Single: Hunted Down/Missing]. 
    There should be both, no?
    Just like both Deep mag downloads. 
    would have been cool if one of the singles would have been Get It Back b/w Can't Deny Me. didn't they give both of those songs to members for free anyway?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Really immoral to accept peoples analog money in 2017 and not deliver on the goods by now. Come on 10c, I didnt give you the money as a donation, I am a customer who paid for goods. Something that was once a really cool thing has been tarnished and nothing short of shambolic.
    edited November 2020
    I love the word shambolic. I don’t even care if it’s a real word. 

on2legs said:
    Its a real word here in the UK. If we are talking of good words I like stramash. Thats what there's going to be if these singles dont turn up soon.
    FR181798 said:
    on2legs said:
    Its a real word here in the UK. If we are talking of good words I like stramash. Thats what there's going to be if these singles dont turn up soon.
    Awesome.  I’m going to keep both of those in my holster and can’t wait for my first chance to whip them out. 😀

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    Bump.. Dumb stuff and super lame not to have these by now. Criminal way to treat fans. I know the band appreciates us, but give us what we paid for before everything else gets pressed. Really dumb and I keep hanging around here...even dumbererer.
  • brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    We all have battered wife syndrome from the 10 club
  • DeanoDeano Posts: 179
    For the love of God 10c - just give us an update on these.
    Please
    Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006
    O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009
    Hyde Park - Jun 25, 2010
    Manchester - #1 & #2, 2012
    EV: London #1 & #2 2012
    Leeds - July 8, 2014
    Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014
    EV: London - #1 & #2, 2017
    O2 Arena - June 18, 2018
    O2 Arena - June 19, 2018
    O2 Arena - July 17, 2018
    Hyde Park - July 10, 2020
    Hyde Park - #1 & #2, 2021 (hopefully!)
    This is another fine example of the rich taking advantage of a situation with no consequences. This has turned less about the singles and more about respect or the lack there of. Someone, ANY ONE, at the 10c has to know something about what is going on. They choose not to communicate with us. For a band that prides themselves as standing up for the greater good, they sure have exposed their hypocrisy here.

You can not tell me that 5 dudes collectively worth almost $400 million dollars can't produce a handful of vinyl singles. The longer this goes on, the more nefarious it seems and becomes. Regardless of the legal aspects, it is morally bankrupt to treat any one like this let alone the fans that gave you your success.
    Would just like to know whats happened to the money we all paid. 4 years worth of subscriptions, its no small amount.