Options

So how about those fan club singles *edit* THAT I FINALLY GOT!!

Comments

• Options
    Ten club, what happened to the money I gave you 3 years ago for the vinyl I bought? And where is the money I gave you 2 years ago for the vinyl I purchased? It’s time for an update. As you see, tenclubbers  are not letting this go. 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,693
    They just dont give a shit. No excuses 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    Ten club, what happened to the money I gave you 3 years ago for the vinyl I bought? And where is the money I gave you 2 years ago for the vinyl I purchased? It’s time for an update. As you see, tenclubbers* are not letting this go. 
    * A small vocal contingent
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

You can not tell me that 5 dudes collectively worth almost $400 million dollars can't produce a handful of vinyl singles. The longer this goes on, the more nefarious it seems and becomes. 
    So Pearl Jam, a very successful touring band with a strong merchandising arm who make hundreds of thousands for playing a single concert, decide out of the blue to rip off tens of thousands of fans (the smaller portion of their fanbase) for 2 years of fan club dues, equal to probably as much as playing 1 concert, and their end game for this is, what exactly?

Yes, the delay has been ridiculous as well, but we have the mp3s and pdfs, we are closer to getting these than not. I do think 10c can be bad at communicating stuff, but "nefarious" is pretty laughable. 

• Options
    JB16057 said:

You can not tell me that 5 dudes collectively worth almost $400 million dollars can't produce a handful of vinyl singles. The longer this goes on, the more nefarious it seems and becomes. 
    So Pearl Jam, a very successful touring band with a strong merchandising arm who make hundreds of thousands for playing a single concert, decide out of the blue to rip off tens of thousands of fans (the smaller portion of their fanbase) for 2 years of fan club dues, equal to probably as much as playing 1 concert, and their end game for this is, what exactly?

Yes, the delay has been ridiculous as well, but we have the mp3s and pdfs, we are closer to getting these than not. I do think 10c can be bad at communicating stuff, but "nefarious" is pretty laughable. 

Hey Tim, we didn’t pay for MP3. We paid for physical records. Send me $120 to my PayPal and I’ll send you something possibly in 3-4 years. But don’t ask me for an update. Do you need my address?
  • Options
    That’s not an apples to apples comparison, but go off. 

• Options

No, seriously send me $120 and I’ll send you something in 3-4 years but don’t ask me for an update and I won’t give you one. Cmon, that is a reasonable request. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    I think this was right about when bud was legalized when the ball got dropped. Coincidence.......
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    Shambolic is all I can say. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    We all have battered wife syndrome from the 10 club
    Equating domestic violence to holiday singles is ridiculous. Wow. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    JB16057 said:

we are closer to getting these than not.
    You've been saying this for a long time now. Lets talk about laughable. You also said that you wouldn't be surprised if we got these around the holidays. Wishful thinking anyone? I'd rather have facts from someone with first hand knowledge.

You've made your point clear that you don't care if the singles get sent or not. That's totally fine but you should start a new thread on your subject instead of constantly trolling these threads for the members that do care about the singles.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Im not suggesting its the band stealing our money but ultimately 10c is a business. Its a business thats not used the money paid to them to deliver goods. Any other business and Im sure we would all be doing everything we could to get our money back.

• Options
    edited November 2020

No, seriously send me $120 and I’ll send you something in 3-4 years but don’t ask me for an update and I won’t give you one. Cmon, that is a reasonable request. 
    Oh, I know you’re “serious”, but also you aren’t Pearl Jam. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

You've been saying this for a long time now. Lets talk about laughable. You also said that you wouldn't be surprised if we got these around the holidays. Wishful thinking anyone? I'd rather have facts from someone with first hand knowledge.

You've made your point clear that you don't care if the singles get sent or not. That's totally fine but you should start a new thread on your subject instead of constantly trolling these threads for the members that do care about the singles.
    Oh, I do want them to be sent. But it’s been clear for years, our opinions posted here don’t move the 10 club world. We can make all the request threads we want of what we want as vaults, Merch, how many posters to be sold, when, and how. People here have been going off for years. 

But the reality is we move very little. We are at their mercy. We know they are at some stage of production (whether it’s digital files on someone’s computer at 10c HQ, or actually at a plant). We have the songs in one form. We waited years for it and they came through, I have zero reason to believe they won’t come through at some point with the physical product. Yeah it sucks waiting. A really long time. But all we can do is 2 things. Wait for it to happen, and 2 quit the club if we don’t like the terms. 
  • Options
    The only time that the 10c responds is when pressure is applied to them. I've been mocked for reaching out to the Washington AG's office but guess what? It worked. They gave an official response in the October 2019 monthly email. We would never have received any word from the 10c unless I had reached out to the AG.

The next and last time we received an official update was 7 months ago in the April monthly email. I can not prove that I had anything to do with that but I was applying pressure to them in ways that I didn't discuss on this board. It was either my actions or just dumb luck that we heard from the Ten Club right after I was doing what I was doing.

I backed off for many months and gave them a chance to make it right. Now it is clearly time to start applying pressure again. If you don't agree, I don't blame you. Here we are applying pressure on the board again and if I have time, I'll continue doing what I started doing back in March to try and pressure them.

It is not unreasonable to ask for an update for items you paid for 2 years ago regardless of what the naysayers want you to believe.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    JB16057 said:

But all we can do is 2 things. Wait for it to happen, and 2 quit the club if we don’t like the terms. 
    You can do either of those 2 things. I'm going to do the 3rd thing which is pressure them.

I totally get where you're coming from because it may be a complete waste of time on my part but it is my time and my choice of what I need to do for me.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    i get it. Just feel like its shouting into the void.

But we all have to do what we feel we need to.
  • Options
    JB16057 said:
    The only time that the 10c responds is when pressure is applied to them. I've been mocked for reaching out to the Washington AG's office but guess what? It worked. They gave an official response in the October 2019 monthly email. We would never have received any word from the 10c unless I had reached out to the AG.

The next and last time we received an official update was 7 months ago in the April monthly email. I can not prove that I had anything to do with that but I was applying pressure to them in ways that I didn't discuss on this board. It was either my actions or just dumb luck that we heard from the Ten Club right after I was doing what I was doing.

I backed off for many months and gave them a chance to make it right. Now it is clearly time to start applying pressure again. If you don't agree, I don't blame you. Here we are applying pressure on the board again and if I have time, I'll continue doing what I started doing back in March to try and pressure them.

It is not unreasonable to ask for an update for items you paid for 2 years ago regardless of what the naysayers want you to believe.
    Over dramatic doesn’t begin to describe this post. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:

I don’t think it’s dramatic, the guy has a point. A company took thousands of dollars from a group of people and never provided agreed upon goods. I think it’s called stealing. A simple update from the ten club is not asking much and would resolve most of this. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    The fact that my previous post just sits there is sad.

That being said,
    Sure, new PJ stuff is always welcome. Yes, we paid for the singles and they haven’t arrived. That is shitty, but is not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Take a breath, everyone. 

Again, we should have received them by now....no word, no plans. It sucks.

But not that important. Maybe I’m in the minority & I’m good with that. Just take a breath.

Be well, all.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I don’t think it’s dramatic, the guy has a point. A company took thousands of dollars from a group of people and never provided agreed upon goods. I think it’s called stealing. A simple update from the ten club is not asking much and would resolve most of this. 
    Dont know how many 10c members there are but I paid $100 (international) for 2017 and 2018 not to mention the past 2 years so its hundreds of thousands of dollars. This is quite concerning in my opinion.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    i don't blame anyone for being upset about this. 

i don't blame anyone for not being upset about this. 

i wish both sides would leave each other to their respective places. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:

I remember being this angry when I went through the drive through at McDonalds and I didn’t realize they forgot the fries until I was a mile down the road.  I also felt this could be called stealing. Then I enjoyed my cheese burger and moved on from it.  

• Options
    joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    i don't blame anyone for being upset about this. 

i don't blame anyone for not being upset about this. 

i wish both sides would leave each other to their respective places. 
    I like this
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:

I remember being this angry when I went through the drive through at McDonalds and I didn’t realize they forgot the fries until I was a mile down the road.  I also felt this could be called stealing. Then I enjoyed my cheese burger and moved on from it.  
    Another intelligent and thoughtful comment. Thank you for your contribution. 
  • Options
    Maybe Joe Biden can sign an executive order forcing Tenclub to do it?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    I think this was right about when bud was legalized when the ball got dropped. Coincidence.......
    the hippies love green hash
  • Options
    Maybe Joe Biden can sign an executive order forcing Tenclub to do it?
    I’d support this.  In fact... maybe it was Trump all along that was dragging his feet on these singles.  Biden will get this done!

• Options
    I would rather not renew my subscription. But I am owed 2 singles. I will give my download's away. When I have my singles. Talk about no trust.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    more vinyl being sold...........weird.  No production issues with purple Ten?
    hippiemom = goodness