Options

2020 Fall North American rumour thread

Comments

• Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Spring 21 seems improbable given the vaccine timetable.  Fall 21 seems feasible if something is approved by end of 20.  Other artists are booking Fall 21 and Winter 22 dates.  As of now there’s Bottlerock Napa Valley with RHCP on May 28, 2021 but I wouldn’t book a flight just yet.
    Right. Spring 2021 just doesn't seem plausible. So unfortunate. Just have to be patient. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    All this week on Pearl Jam Radio, they're playing #PJVotes week. Stone says they're past shows from "states we hoped to visit this fall."

Read into this if you want, but right now and at other times this week, they're playing 8/6/2000 from Greensboro, NC.
    Pretty sure they’ve played Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan and Florida boots this week as well.

They used to tweet and Facebook their show schedules. I've definitely heard the "Ice Bowl" and Detroit 2014 this week.

PJ VOTES CONCERT SCHEDULE – WEEK OF 9/21/20 PICKED BY THE BAND

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 21
    12am State College, PA 5/3/03
    2pm E. Troy, WI 10/8/00
    7pm Detroit, MI 10/16/14
    TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 22
    12am W. Palm Beach, FL 4/11/03
    7am St. Paul, MN 6/16/03
    2pm Phoenix, AZ 11/19/13
    WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 23
    12am Detroit, MI 10/16/14
    7am State College, PA 5/3/03
    2pm Greensboro, NC 8/6/00
    THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 24
    12am Phoenix, AZ 11/19/13
    2pm W. Palm Beach, FL 4/11/03
    7pm E. Troy, WI 10/8/00
    FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 25
    12am St. Paul, MN 6/16/03
    7am Greensboro, NC 8/6/00
    2pm State College, PA 5/3/03
    SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 26
    12am E. Troy, WI 10/8/00
    2pm Detroit, MI 10/16/14
    7pm W. Palm Beach, FL 4/11/03
    SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 27
    12am Greensboro, NC 8/6/00
    7am Phoenix, AZ 11/19/13
    2pm St. Paul, MN 6/16/03
    *All Times Eastern

I think the issue was that I was on SiriusXM.com/pearljamradio. They used to be there, but seemingly not in a while.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175
    edited October 2020
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    To me it felt like PJ sort of started to settle into a Stones type touring thing.  Where you go out and play a modest amount dates, sometimes you take a year off.  Never insanely big tours or any thing.   I do think it's moderately misleading as it seemed they were about to do a fairly extensive tour to support Gigaton (including additional fall dates, to the shows that got postponed).   With Covid happening right after a year off, that's insanely bad luck :(

In the early 90s, they basically had to tour to sell tickets and stay relevant.

2003 or 2006 or so was probably one of the last "real tours" they did...which was right as they got out of their deal with Sony/Epic and begun to do things their own way. Backspacer came out and they did the 2009/2010 tours and then we got the PJ20 stuff along with a Brad tour and a ton of other side projects.

But yeah, this was just bad luck. Part of me still thinks that when Chris died in 2017, that pushed stuff back. Soundgarden would have toured. Jeff had his book that year. Eddie went on tour in Europe...but what happened after Eddie got back from Europe? I don't want to play a blame game, but we're all left wondering what could have happened later in 2017 if Chris didn't die.

Can't Deny Me came out in March of 2018 off the then-forthcoming album.

If they didn't press that reset button, maybe they do a lot more USA in 2018 and even 2019 then they hit up Australia/New Zealand in the first two months, back to Europe over June/July and more USA in late 2019.

Instead, we had to wait about two years from CDM to Gigaton.

Something happened there. Something big.

Yah, you do get the feeling that they took a step back when Chris Cornell passed away.   Maybe it took all or some of them a bit to work through that.   Then when they were ready to go again, they hit the start over button the album.

It's a bit a of a bummer we got so few PJ shows over the past however many years, and that Covid hit the brakes right when they were about to start doing a bunch of them.   I am glad the band has (mostly) figured out what works for them.  Hopefully it means we continue to get tours for a while.
    We may have a completely different sounding album if not for CC and the album re-scrap. With BoB and Can’t Deny Me as the big single it probably would have been LB2.

I’m thankful for the steps they took even if time marched on.
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    edited October 2020
    Now that Europe seems to be all set are we going to get some dates for NA? I bet they are still waiting until a certain date to confirm what most of us already are guessing is no spring shows. Then we will hopefully get the whole fall tour rolled out at once.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,151
    I'm honestly surprised they're going all in on Eurodates.   Everything I'm reading says it's going to be at least 6 to 9 months before Vaccines can start rolling out, and then it'll be a good while before enough people have them to do mass gatherings.     I'm still pretty skeptical, and give it 70/30 odds the Eurodates get bumped again.

Maybe they had less flexibility when it came to Europe and it was more pressing to book in dates?   Maybe they have more flexibility in the US and are trying to hold off as long as possible on announcing in case they have to bump them again?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,828
    Zod said:
    I'm honestly surprised they're going all in on Eurodates.   Everything I'm reading says it's going to be at least 6 to 9 months before Vaccines can start rolling out, and then it'll be a good while before enough people have them to do mass gatherings.     I'm still pretty skeptical, and give it 70/30 odds the Eurodates get bumped again.

Maybe they had less flexibility when it came to Europe and it was more pressing to book in dates?   Maybe they have more flexibility in the US and are trying to hold off as long as possible on announcing in case they have to bump them again?

I'm surprised they are adding these dates, knowing it's not gonna happen as there is no "official" cure yet for the COVID19 virus. Cases are rising & many cities / countries are going into Phase 2. Wouldn't it make sense to add dates WHEN the cure is officially been announced?
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

I'm surprised they are adding these dates, knowing it's not gonna happen as there is no "official" cure yet for the COVID19 virus. Cases are rising & many cities / countries are going into Phase 2. Wouldn't it make sense to add dates WHEN the cure is officially been announced?
    I think there's other challenges.   How many artists are going to be starving for $$'s or itching to tour as soon as Covid19 is conquered.  Not to mention all the sports teams are going to want to fire back up on all cylinders.  There could be issues of availability if everyone wants to tour at the same time.  I think this is why some musicians are booking venues, so if the problem is solved they've got venues booked and they aren't competing for space.

It really has me curious what post covid touring is going to look like.  I keep seeing all these bands who haven't played for years wanting to get out there.    Concerts everywhere, and not enough money to buy all the tickets :)

Maybe we'll get winter tours again.   For the last # of years all the big shows I wanted to see were in the summer.   It's ok if you live somewhere where you can go home after the show, but for those of us that travel, it means getting a hotel.  Hotel's all up and down the west coast are crazy expensive in the summer.  Would love me some cheaper winter tours :)
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

I think there's other challenges.   How many artists are going to be starving for $$'s or itching to tour as soon as Covid19 is conquered.  Not to mention all the sports teams are going to want to fire back up on all cylinders.  There could be issues of availability if everyone wants to tour at the same time.  I think this is why some musicians are booking venues, so if the problem is solved they've got venues booked and they aren't competing for space.

It really has me curious what post covid touring is going to look like.  I keep seeing all these bands who haven't played for years wanting to get out there.    Concerts everywhere, and not enough money to buy all the tickets :)

Maybe we'll get winter tours again.   For the last # of years all the big shows I wanted to see were in the summer.   It's ok if you live somewhere where you can go home after the show, but for those of us that travel, it means getting a hotel.  Hotel's all up and down the west coast are crazy expensive in the summer.  Would love me some cheaper winter tours :)

NHL, NBA, Disney on Ice, Christmas shows, that one electronic group that always tours over Christmas (you know who I mean), bla bla bla...

Plus, summer tours let them do outside stuff.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    With NFL stadiums allowing increased capacities weekly, you have to think that around next summer events will become normal again.  I think even if the band could play in the spring, the more likely option is Fall of 2021 for any US/Canada shows.  

It is going to take one band/artist to lead the way.  Someone will book a football stadium with social distancing and 30% capacity.  Then someone will play a 40% capacity show and so on.  And it'll just be follow the leader until we are back to full capacity.  No one wants to be the first one to do it (negative backlash) but everyone will follow once someone leads the way.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:

NHL, NBA, Disney on Ice, Christmas shows, that one electronic group that always tours over Christmas (you know who I mean), bla bla bla...

Plus, summer tours let them do outside stuff.
    i don't!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Mannheim Steamroller
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    With NFL stadiums allowing increased capacities weekly, you have to think that around next summer events will become normal again.  I think even if the band could play in the spring, the more likely option is Fall of 2021 for any US/Canada shows.  

It is going to take one band/artist to lead the way.  Someone will book a football stadium with social distancing and 30% capacity.  Then someone will play a 40% capacity show and so on.  And it'll just be follow the leader until we are back to full capacity.  No one wants to be the first one to do it (negative backlash) but everyone will follow once someone leads the way.
    Miami was given the green light by the governor to go ahead and allow full capacity (65k) for the Dolphin games. 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,572
    that's insane...like desantis.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:

Miami was given the green light by the governor to go ahead and allow full capacity (65k) for the Dolphin games. 
    Great so now there can be 50K people cheering for the opponent.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Ray J. T. said:

I saw that.  I think based on principle however the band will extend beyond the timeline even if they got the green light.  I’d bet on next Fall.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:

I saw that.  I think based on principle however the band will extend beyond the timeline even if they got the green light.  I’d bet on next Fall.
    Also the Dolphins have said they are sticking with the 20% max based on CDC guidelines. 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    Ray J. T. said:

Also the Dolphins have said they are sticking with the 20% max based on CDC guidelines. 
    I read that was going to be the case until 10/25
  • Options
    Mannheim Steamroller

Bingo!

I was also really thinking of Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but either is an acceptable answer.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    that's insane...like desantis.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Broadway is shut down through next May.

• Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    Man how are these places going to survive?
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    release00release00 Posts: 342
    Beacon Theater is open for streaming every Friday for the next 8 weeks. 

Twitch.tv/treyanastasio
    "So much it dont show"
  • Options
    2021 Boston Marathon deferred to at least October from April.  Does that make Fall 2021 the earliest possible chance for US shows?

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    2021 Boston Marathon deferred to at least October from April.  Does that make Fall 2021 the earliest possible chance for US shows?
    The marathon postponement is so strange. Yes, it might need to be postponed but April is still months away. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    JimmyV said:
    The marathon postponement is so strange. Yes, it might need to be postponed but April is still months away. 
    people come from all over the world and usually train for weeks or months prior to. that makes sense to me. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,426
    I would say that is pretty likely.

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Yah.  It seems like best case scenario is a working vaccinne (or several working vaccines) are proved to work early next year.   Then it's going to take a very long time to manufacture all of them.

Covid's not going away on it's own.    I wouldn't be surprised if next summers Euro tour ends up getting postponed.  I think next fall only happens under best case scenario.. it could be 2022 :(
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,572
    If I’m being optimistic then ohana is their next show. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    While that maybe true I do not think that is the only reason they chose the fall to push it too. Hot summer weather is a major concern for these type of races and that would have played a factor as well. I would guess if they knew the summer was going to be ok they still would have gone with this date. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    ComeToTX said:
    If I’m being optimistic then ohana is their next show. 
    And even that’s far from certain at this stage.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore