Yeah, elite to me says:
    LeBron
    Kawhi
    Steph
    The Brow
    KD
    Giannis
    Lillard
    Harden (strictly offensively in his case)
    Westbrook.
    I wouldn't even put Embiid there yet (he'll get there if he stays healthy) and he's way ahead of Simmons on the road to elite status.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Poncier said:
    Yeah, elite to me says:
    LeBron
    Kawhi
    Steph
    The Brow
    KD
    Giannis
    Lillard
    Harden (strictly offensively in his case)
    Westbrook.
    I wouldn't even put Embiid there yet (he'll get there if he stays healthy) and he's way ahead of Simmons on the road to elite status.

I agree with everything you said except Westbrook I’ll take Embiid > Westbrook all day, every day. 
    edited August 2020
    Also, I think Embiid’s “elite” status hinges more on his level of effort than his health. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    RiotZact said:
    Also, I think Embiid’s “elite” status hinges more on his level of effort than his health. 
    Probably both.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Simmons can be both elite and generational if he starts making a high percentage of the shots we hope he eventually starts taking. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Kind of a fun game to watch yesterday. A lot of the regular rotation guys actually played really poorly while some of the deep bench guys like Neto and O’Quinn had monster games. I doubt it has to much of an impact on the playoff rotation but I would think BB would have to put a little extra consideration into some of those guys. 
    Embiid playing tonight. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited August 2020
    Does anyone here have any insight on season tickets? I was on the phone with a sales agent yesterday and they are doing a deal right now where you can put 10% down on seats and you will have your seats reserved for you and you won’t have to pay anything else until an official plan for fans returning to games is announced. He claims that the only reason there are seats available in decent sections is because of COVID and that normally I would have no chance. 

Anyone know if the pickings are really that slim during a regular year? Anyone a season ticket holder or know any season ticket holders?
    Turnovers. 

I don't have any season ticket insight, sorry man
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    RiotZact said:
    Does anyone here have any insight on season tickets? I was on the phone with a sales agent yesterday and they are doing a deal right now where you can put 10% down on seats and you will have your seats reserved for you and you won’t have to pay anything else until an official plan for fans returning to games is announced. He claims that the only reason there are seats available in decent sections is because of COVID and that normally I would have no chance. 

Anyone know if the pickings are really that slim during a regular year? Anyone a season ticket holder or know any season ticket holders?
    I forgot about this. I have a friend who has full season tickets in a club box. He’s not renewing next year. There will be plenty of seats available when this comes back. Are you thinking about a full plan? Where in the building? They’ll always find you seats the more games you are willing to buy.  It’s definitely been tighter the last few seasons, especially as they’ve gotten more shady with the stubhub thing, but I’d imagine when things come back, you’d have your pick of what you want, assuming full capacity at least
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Think the can bounce back against the Celtics? I really don't know if they can or not. We shall see
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    RiotZact said:

I forgot about this. I have a friend who has full season tickets in a club box. He’s not renewing next year. There will be plenty of seats available when this comes back. Are you thinking about a full plan? Where in the building? They’ll always find you seats the more games you are willing to buy.  It’s definitely been tighter the last few seasons, especially as they’ve gotten more shady with the stubhub thing, but I’d imagine when things come back, you’d have your pick of what you want, assuming full capacity at least
    I pulled the trigger on season tickets. 2 seats in section 202, row 7. I like the birds eye view center seats. Just had to put 10% down and I can get a refund at any point before a plan for fans to return is announced. It’s hard to get excited by something that seems like such a long way off, but the idea that I’ll be able to go to any Sixers game and have first dibs on playoff tickets for face value is pretty damn exciting. 
    Think the can bounce back against the Celtics? I really don't know if they can or not. We shall see
    It was right there. They had every opportunity to get out to a fast start to the series. Embiid needs to be begging for the ball in the post in those situations. He’s supposed to be the guy. 

I think if there’s any hope left they need to start Thybulle. Tatum was a different player when he was guarding him. 
    RiotZact said:
    It was right there. They had every opportunity to get out to a fast start to the series. Embiid needs to be begging for the ball in the post in those situations. He’s supposed to be the guy. 

He's an enigma (or at least looks like one) on the court. Dominant at times last night, but looked disinterested at other times. Also looked gassed late in the game. Which I think is part of the Celts' plan, to use their speed to their advantage in the series and wear the Sixers, specifically Embiid and Horford, down as the game progresses.
    RiotZact said:

I think if there’s any hope left they need to start Thybulle. Tatum was a different player when he was guarding him. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    ^What a beast. If he doesn’t start Wednesday Brett Brown should be replaced at halftime. 
    Sprained ankle for Hayward, out for a month. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Off to a good start 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Off to a good start 
    Ha
    Off to a good start 
    well that turned around pretty quickly. down by 11 now

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Off to a good start 
    well that turned around pretty quickly. down by 11 now

Should have went into the half down 6 and with the momentum but that fucking foul ruined that. 
    Jesus Christ 
    RiotZact said:

So much for that
    Poncier said:
    RiotZact said:

So much for that
    Thybulle guarding Tatum is very low on a long list of the reasons why the Sixers got smoked tonight. No defenders are going to stop those threes in the first quarter. The Celtics really are the worst team to be missing Simmons for. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    What an awful roster this team has.  who the hell thought it was a good idea to go big in an era dominated by guards?  Can't decide what decision has been the worst. Signing Harris to a max deal, trading Mikail Bridges for Zaire Smith, letting JJ Redick walk away, signing Al Horford, or the whole  Markelle Fultz debacle.  What an awful franchise...but #TrustTheProcess.  #ProcessFailure
    pjhawks said:
    What an awful roster this team has.  who the hell thought it was a good idea to go big in an era dominated by guards?  Can't decide what decision has been the worst. Signing Harris to a max deal, trading Mikail Bridges for Zaire Smith, letting JJ Redick walk away, signing Al Horford, or the whole  Markelle Fultz debacle.  What an awful franchise...but #TrustTheProcess.  #ProcessFailure
    Certainly the Fultz thing in total has to be the worst, especially when watching Jayson Tatum flourish the way he has, and seeing Fultz finally contribute in Orlando. The return the Sixers got from the Magic is crap, unless they strike gold with the OKC pick this year ( I assume its going to convey at 21 or so).
    But that has multiple pieces to it. In terms of a singular move, the Horford deal looks like one of the NBA's worst ever contracts. He looks basically done and he's under contract for 3 more seasons at an average of 27 Mil per season.
    edited August 2020
    pjhawks said:
    Well, you realize all those decisions were made after Hinkie left right? The Process was a huge success. Tanking for 3 years to end up with two of the NBA's better players obviously was worth it. It's the stuff that happened after they got rid of Hinkie that is absolutely open to criticism.

And Ponce is right, it's the Fultz decision. That's easy.Nothing comes close as it set in motion all other moves for the last two years. Bryan Colangelo and his stupid high collars fucked us. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    It's a horrible roster, especially without Simmons. I said something along these lines to a friend last night.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    pjhawks said:
    Well, you realize all those decisions were made after Hinkie left right? The Process was a huge success. Tanking for 3 years to end up with two of the NBA's better players obviously was worth it. It's the stuff that happened after they got rid of Hinkie that is absolutely open to criticism.

And Ponce is right, it's the Fultz decision. That's easy.Nothing comes close as it set in motion all other moves for the last two years. Bryan Colangelo and his stupid high collars fucked us. 
    The decisions last year at least gave them a chance. The decisions since the end of last year's playoffs have been an utter disaster and not sure how they get out of this now.
    Unbelievable. All teams have to do is triple Embiid at the end of the game and they don’t have to worry about anyone else on the court hitting a shot. And once again, Joel plays by far his best basketball in the first quarter/half. How is it humanly possible for a group of professional ball shooters to miss so many shots?