*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    edited September 12
    I can almost guarantee that I was the first person to notice that lol
    My buddy and I were talking about that. 
    Pearl Jam and the Sixers....god damn it, I love when worlds of things I love collide

Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • Jeff in a Maxey jersey. Cool as fuck. Needs to be a t-shirt. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Nice to see Hersey Hawkins get some love from the band

I thought this was PJ's 33 years of existence?
  • Wheres the PG talk?!?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,728
    Nice to see Hersey Hawkins get some love from the band

I thought this was PJ's 33 years of existence?

I'm pretty sure he was just kidding.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    No tempo.

That is clearly a take on the 1989 Hersey Hawkins jersey. A three point shooter before it was cool to take them. The man was ahead of his time!
    www.myspace.com
  • No tempo.

That is clearly a take on the 1989 Hersey Hawkins jersey. A three point shooter before it was cool to take them. The man was ahead of his time!
    I know who he was but doubt they are digging that deep.  They just happen to find someone whom had that jersey that year? PJ was formed in 91 not 89?

Isn't it too early to be this drunk Juggs?
    No tempo.

I know who he was but doubt they are digging that deep.  They just happen to find someone whom had that jersey that year? PJ was formed in 91 not 89?

Perhaps next time they swing through this beauty will be available:

www.myspace.com
  • Pretty sure we have canceled the memory of those jerseys. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • No tempo.

Perhaps next time they swing through this beauty will be available:

Those are painful.

I liked these

I was never much a fan of those black Iverson ones....although this early one ^ with the gold and regular sleeves looked better than what they went to the following year. 
    www.myspace.com
  • I was never much a fan of those black Iverson ones....although this early one ^ with the gold and regular sleeves looked better than what they went to the following year. 
    YES!  The gold popped on it.
    Maybe they could have just increased the font size a little but yeah the one Snow is wearing is better than AI's.

www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,932
    Late 90s Pat Croce Comcastification Hip Hop uni era was absolutely awful. And it's gross they're getting vintage love from the kids today (yelling at more clouds).
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,728
    Last night someone threw Jeff anj Earl "The Pearl" Baltimore Bullets jersey and he wore that.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    pjhawks said:
    It's always been Camden.  They have been using Chinatown site knowing they would never get approval and to lessen the blow of going to Camden.  

www.myspace.com
    pjhawks said:
    It's always been Camden.  They have been using Chinatown site knowing they would never get approval and to lessen the blow of going to Camden.  

Lol
    I was pretty agnostic about this whole thing from the beginning, but now that it's happening hell yeah let's go.
    I was pretty agnostic about this whole thing from the beginning, but now that it's happening hell yeah let's go.
    I am with you on that. What has me more excited for this is not wanting to deal with circus atmosphere I know comcast is going to create in the Wells Fargo parking lots.

It's time for the people of Philadelphia to embrace change. Sad day for Howard Eskin. 
    www.myspace.com
    edited September 18
    I am with you on that. What has me more excited for this is not wanting to deal with circus atmosphere I know comcast is going to create in the Wells Fargo parking lots.

It's time for the people of Philadelphia to embrace change. Sad day for Howard Eskin. 
    My biggest thing(s) were 1) there was no way they were staying as renters/tenants in South Philly; 2) somewhere outside of Philly then could be on the table for their consideration which is fucking insanity; 3) Sixers of ALL the pro teams deserve to actually be in the City more than any of them. 

I don't think the arena moves the needle in development in that area but if they get a WNBA team that will certainly make it more busy between two teams filling dates. And the urbanist nerd in me looks forward to the a) increase in public trans being used; b) City officials taking a harder stance on congestion & car/traffic issues that can be hard lined with better legislation. 

And not to minimize the effect on Chinatown but it's really not that much. But I'm really No One to say. It's ironic to me to see some of my hard left progressive friends get caught up on some stuff like this when the irony is to be progressive and see the City change for the better means not falling back into dumb talking points like "born and raised here".

The last thing I care about is the job creation bullshit that politicians will like to get on their soapbox about, because jobs like these aren't long-term nor effective in building people up.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    pjhawks said:

I know you like to jump lines but let’s wait until ground is broken before you celebrate just yet.  Long way to go to get it done.

And an Arena there is a terrible idea. Almost as bad as you wanting Russell Wilson and Deshawn Watson for the Birds a few years ago.  
    edited September 19
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

I know you like to jump lines but let’s wait until ground is broken before you celebrate just yet.  Long way to go to get it done.

And an Arena there is a terrible idea. Almost as bad as you wanting Russell Wilson and Deshawn Watson for the Birds a few years ago.  
    If this guy tells you the sun is shining, better pack a poncho folks. You gettin' rained on. 
    www.myspace.com
    edited September 19
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

If this guy tells you the sun is shining, better pack a poncho folks. You gettin' rained on. 
    Haha at least I didn’t cut in front of sick and old people during a global pandemic.  But hey you’re a nova guy so have to expect that type of behavior.  Good to see you haven’t changed since those days.  
    Post edited by pjhawks on

www.myspace.com
    edited September 19

Man for a guy you put on ignore you can’t quit me.  Good to see I’m still in your head. 

What happens first, Sixers new arena or Embiid gets past the 2nd round? 
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    "I was told by a reliable hot taker that it would sunny today - argh!!"

www.myspace.com
  • If they aren't knocking down Market East Station it's fine. They also need to make the el safe. My wife has been through just the craziest shit on there. It's a friggin joke.

I think the Sixers working to provide and fund SEPTA is basically my nonstarter to making this work "right", along with charging an exorbitantly high amount for car parking. I think for the Sixers to be a good neighbor is first and foremost is to be done by working with SEPTA.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,863
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Haha at least I didn’t cut in front of sick and old people during a global pandemic.  But hey you’re a nova guy so have to expect that type of behavior.  Good to see you haven’t changed since those days.  
    I haven’t heard this story. :confused:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14