Anyone here tried this new thing called "jogging" ?

Comments

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited August 2020
    During my first marriage, I had a niece who was half Newfie, half aboriginal in Fort McMurray. 
    Everyone in the family playful called her the “Aborigi-Newf”. 😂  
    Inspiration for “Ameri-Newf” 🤙
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Tomorrow is 60 mins active which will be easy.  Push mow for 90 mins, go for a walk, and then spend some time with the kid in the pool.
    This means I can booze tonight and don't have to get up at the crack of dawn.
    Exciting!  
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Tomorrow is 60 mins active which will be easy.  Push mow for 90 mins, go for a walk, and then spend some time with the kid in the pool.
    This means I can booze tonight and don't have to get up at the crack of dawn.
    Exciting!  
    :lol:
    Vodka it up buddy!  Cheers! 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    You know it!
  • Was too hungover today. This week turned into a 1-run week instead of my goal of 2-rum weeks. Well oh well. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Was too hungover today. This week turned into a 1-run week instead of my goal of 2-rum weeks. Well oh well. 
    2 rums sound good to me!
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Was too hungover today. This week turned into a 1-run week instead of my goal of 2-rum weeks. Well oh well. 
    Been there before 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Was too hungover today. This week turned into a 1-run week instead of my goal of 2-rum weeks. Well oh well. 

2 or more rums are highly correlated with fewer runs. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

2 or more rums are highly correlated with fewer runs. 
    When I was single I used to get my hungover ass out of bed and run to grab my vehicle from where ever I left it (lived in a town of 10,000). 
    It would start out awful... but I found It would sweat out my hangover. I’d just be thirsty and hungry lol. 
    I’m not sure I could do that 10 years later.. but I may have to try it. 
    Last year I ran my way through many a hangover.  Really is a strong thing to do, sweating it out makes you feel much better.
    If I were very hungover and I went for a run, I suspect that the purging would come from a different mechanism than sweat. I’m not in a hurry to sign up for that, but best of luck to anyone who does!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    It happens. This week you can start fresh. 
  • During my first marriage, I had a niece who was half Newfie, half aboriginal in Fort McMurray. 
    Everyone in the family playful called her the “Aborigi-Newf”. 😂  
    Inspiration for “Ameri-Newf” 🤙
    😂😂
  • Signed up for a 15k race in Sept, we'll see if it actually happens. Now I need to figure out what my goal is. 

My first goal will be not to be hungover for it 😂🤣

Signed up for a 15k race in Sept, we'll see if it actually happens. Now I need to figure out what my goal is. 

Not gonna Screech In for that one? 😂
    15k. Huh. I run 10k about once a week. I wonder if I could do 15k? 
    Signed up for a 15k race in Sept, we'll see if it actually happens. Now I need to figure out what my goal is. 

After, not before ....
  • 15k. Huh. I run 10k about once a week. I wonder if I could do 15k? 
    If you are already running a 10K once a week you should be able toward a 15K within a month, maybe sooner. Add 1.5K a week to your run. 

15k. Huh. I run 10k about once a week. I wonder if I could do 15k? 

I'm sure that you could.  
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    Had a decent 4.5 mile run today even though it was hot. I hit a few red lights which helped me catch my breath. Usually, I run right through them when no cars are coming. But today I was a good law abiding citizen and waited until they turned green 🥵. 
    GlowGirl said:
    Had a decent 4.5 mile run today even though it was hot. I hit a few red lights which helped me catch my breath. Usually, I run right through them when no cars are coming. But today I was a good law abiding citizen and waited until they turned green 🥵. 

Ha.  That happens for me as well...on Saturday I was bummed when 2 spots where I usually have to wait for traffic on longer run route were both open for running.  One time the cross signal was on and the other time I had to throw it into high gear and sprint across the road (5 lanes in that spot) since there were not any cars in sight.  I was looking forward to the chance to rest and instead I added a short sprint in there.  :lol:  

This week's fun...looks like rain.  Rain and Lightning means I should not be out there...and Wednesday is a 6 mile pace run, nfw I want to do that on my dreadmill.  Saturday is 11 miles.  NFW, for real, I am doing that inside.  Just need the Lighting part to go away.  Running in the rain beats running on my treadmill.
    GlowGirl said:

Ha.  That happens for me as well...on Saturday I was bummed when 2 spots where I usually have to wait for traffic on longer run route were both open for running.  One time the cross signal was on and the other time I had to throw it into high gear and sprint across the road (5 lanes in that spot) since there were not any cars in sight.  I was looking forward to the chance to rest and instead I added a short sprint in there.  :lol:  

This week's fun...looks like rain.  Rain and Lightning means I should not be out there...and Wednesday is a 6 mile pace run, nfw I want to do that on my dreadmill.  Saturday is 11 miles.  NFW, for real, I am doing that inside.  Just need the Lighting part to go away.  Running in the rain beats running on my treadmill.
    That’s kind of funny, because I’m the opposite - if I have to take a really short break, like at a light, my body seems to think “great, we’re done!” and it feels so much worse when I start running again. Better to just push through, or if that’s impossible, walk for a few minutes and then start again. 
  • GlowGirl said:

That’s kind of funny, because I’m the opposite - if I have to take a really short break, like at a light, my body seems to think “great, we’re done!” and it feels so much worse when I start running again. Better to just push through, or if that’s impossible, walk for a few minutes and then start again. 

I'm the same way, if I stop my legs tense up and don't want to get going again, as long as I keep moving, I am usually good.

I did a 15 mile run on Saturday, my new long. Was pretty sore the rest of the day, but felt fine yesterday. 

Going to try out the route for my 15K race this Saturday 
  • GlowGirl said:

I agree, running in the rain is fine. Running on a treadmill for an extended period of time is not fun.
    GlowGirl said:

Dreadmill 😂😂.  Perfect name.  
    Feel like a human hamster on those things.  I will run outside on any weather to avoid purchasing and using one. Including the lovely, comfortable, refreshing Alberta winters 😏
    GlowGirl said:

It can be rough to jumpstart the legs again but I appreciate the opportunity to rest for a minute.
    If the light lags on and on it can be more of a pain than it is worth, for me.
    GlowGirl said:

Dreadmill 😂😂.  Perfect name.  
    Feel like a human hamster on those things.  I will run outside on any weather to avoid purchasing and using one. Including the lovely, comfortable, refreshing Alberta winters 😏
    I don't mind on good machines in good spaces when I travel.  (Or used to travel!)
    My treadmill is a piece of shit and it is rough on my knees.  
    At some point I will cave and guy a nice one but would prefer to be outside and do it.  Since I am not traveling all of the time with Covid in place, running is the only time I leave my property.  
    Also I did freeze my frigging hog a few days last year.
    Actually took a glove and put it in my pants on the worst day.  Windy and about 20 degrees that day and I did 10 miles.  I think after about 4 or 5 miles my joint was frozen.
  • I'm super tired and I got 25-30 mosquito bites all over my feet (for some reason, no where else) that kept me up. Couldn't sleep from the itching.

I AM NOT COMING UP WITH EXCUSES. But hopefully I will be able to sleep tonight (I bought some cream to use) so I can run tomorrow.

It is also 26 degrees celcius here and its 8 pm. It is to hot for Sweden. Where is the mild weather and the rain?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Also I did freeze my frigging hog a few days last year.
    Actually took a glove and put it in my pants on the worst day.  Windy and about 20 degrees that day and I did 10 miles.  I think after about 4 or 5 miles my joint was frozen.
    Why not a sock?