The Food Thread

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    GlowGirl said:
    Bob Cobb. He's my grandfather. 
    I see what you did there :rofl:

In popular culture

The origin of the Cobb salad was the subject of a debate featured in Episode 3 of Season 2 of Curb Your Enthusiasm.[7]

Shame on the fools who failed to grasp that reference!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    GlowGirl said:

In popular culture

The origin of the Cobb salad was the subject of a debate featured in Episode 3 of Season 2 of Curb Your Enthusiasm.[7]

You had me at the Drake. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:

In popular culture

You had me at the Drake. 
    https://youtu.be/BrQw2TKXq6o

GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:

In popular culture

You had me at the Drake. 

Got a maestro and drake reference wrapped up in one great Curb scene. God bless Larry David. 

Cobb salads are fantastic too, by the way
    chinese-happy.jpg
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:

In popular culture

You had me at the Drake. 

Got a maestro and drake reference wrapped up in one great Curb scene. God bless Larry David. 

That episode also gave us “Who told you to put the balm on?”

I too love Larry. 
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:

In popular culture

You had me at the Drake. 

That episode also gave us “Who told you to put the balm on?”

I too love Larry. 
    Can't wait for Seinfeld to be on Netflix next year
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Wexler's Deli out here has several Seinfeldian items. I think they used to have a big salad, too.
    https://wexlersdeli.com/menu/
    hedonist said:
    Wexler's Deli out here has several Seinfeldian items. I think they used to have a big salad, too.
    One of my favorite neighborhood pizza places here has two pizzas named after Newman - The Newman and the Super Newman.

GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    One of my favorite neighborhood pizza places here has two pizzas named after Newman - The Newman and the Super Newman.

I assume they’re extra large by default :lol:
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I ordered a 4-pack of Gringo Bandito hot sauce through Amazon.  Same price as purchasing direct from GB, but free shipping vs. ~$15 shipping with GB, which is nice.  I have two hot sauces (red) and two green sauces coming.  I stayed away from the super hot this time, but will definitely dabble in it soon.  Arrives tomorrow, just in time for Mexican night at our house.  Homemade taco spread with arrachera, al pastor and shredded chicken, shrimp ceviche, fresh guac, etc.  Can't wait!
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

I assume they’re extra large by default :lol:
    I know they have several different kinds of fatty meat on them. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    bbiggs said:
    I ordered a 4-pack of Gringo Bandito hot sauce through Amazon.  Same price as purchasing direct from GB, but free shipping vs. ~$15 shipping with GB, which is nice.  I have two hot sauces (red) and two green sauces coming.  I stayed away from the super hot this time, but will definitely dabble in it soon.  Arrives tomorrow, just in time for Mexican night at our house.  Homemade taco spread with arrachera, al pastor and shredded chicken, shrimp ceviche, fresh guac, etc.  Can't wait!
    Oh yeah!
    I'm almost out of the regular bottle and green is about half gone.  The top spice ones are mostly intact.  I like the super spicy but in small amounts.

Your feast sounds amazing!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Better post some pictures of that!
    bbiggs said:
    You inspired me. I just ordered a 4 pack as well. I got the one with two red sauces, one green sauce, and one super hot. I generally like red sauce over green sauce. But this one Mexican place in my neighborhood has fantastic green sauce - really fresh. If this is anything like that, I will probably order more of the green sauce separately. But I wanted to taste it first. Was going to get the variety with the yellow sauce, but read that it was hotter than the super hot - so I passed on that for now.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I'm fortunate that my local grocery carries a few varieties.  I used the last of my current bottle today, so I need more.
    On the other hand, Dr. Gambs keeps saying "get some when you get groceries, unless you're going to make some" and I feel like that's a hint lol
    Hard to find the time, I've got about 65lbs of produce that needs preserved right now between zucchini for pickles, tomatoes for sauce, and onions for dehydrating.  Busy time of year lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Even though it is not the season I made myself a small batch of turkey chili. Half will go in the freezer. My Gringo Bandito arrived today. I am excited to sprinkle a little on my chili. Deciding between regular hot and super hot. My chili already has a kick so maybe just regular. 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Regular is nice you can use a lot.  Super hot is pretty hot, let's hear what you think...
    edited August 2020
    Regular is nice you can use a lot.  Super hot is pretty hot, let's hear what you think...
    I ended up putting mostly regular and just 3 shakes of super hot in my bowl. It was perfect. My nose started running, but it was tasty. 

What is the green sauce best on? I thought maybe eggs or avocado toast. Or something made with shrimp.  
    Your thoughts are good ones.
    I prefer the red but the green has been good with vegetables (greens) and skrimps as well.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Maple bacon doughnut from Kane’s in Saugus, Mass.

And its friends. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Chili looks great. One of my favorite things ever. I’ve never had a maple bacon doughnut but it sounds tasty.  

I didn’t get many pics of our taco spread.  The shrimp ceviche turned out good (on tostadas).  Skipped on the al pastor, but had some good arrachera and chicken tacos that we grilled on the Blackstone.  Corn and flour tortillas with lettuce, onion, cilantro, jalapeño from the garden and the Gringo Bandito did not disappoint (I liked red and green equally). 

Good looking stuff!
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    dankind said:
    Maple bacon doughnut from Kane’s in Saugus, Mass.

And its friends. 

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    bbiggs said:
    Chili looks great. One of my favorite things ever. I’ve never had a maple bacon doughnut but it sounds tasty.  

I didn’t get many pics of our taco spread.  The shrimp ceviche turned out good (on tostadas).  Skipped on the al pastor, but had some good arrachera and chicken tacos that we grilled on the Blackstone.  Corn and flour tortillas with lettuce, onion, cilantro, jalapeño from the garden and the Gringo Bandito did not disappoint (I liked red and green equally). 

That looks amazing!

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    bbiggs said:

Fucking beautiful 
    lowercase seafood sunday but absolutely delicious 
    Looks great
    bbiggs said:

That all looks delicious. I am enjoying my Gringo Bandito as well. Used the super hot on my leftover chili last night. It was great. Going to try the green sauce on some chicken tonight. 
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Tonight is a simple spaghetti and meatballs.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Space Opera Spaghetti!