~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hello (again), GG!

Earlier, I was perusing kitten adoptions in my area as we're hoping to do this in the next month or two...although "kitten season" is typically October/November.  Gotta make an appointment at the shelter, but we'll figure it out.  So many cuties!  However, we need to properly meet each other.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    It's so exciting getting a new kitten. It is hard to choose. They are all so adorable. I made sure my last two kittens were around 6 months old. My first two cats were really young kittens - 6 weeks old. So cute, but it was like having a toddler in the house. They get into everything. They kept me up at night zooming around or meowing incessantly. I found that at 5-6 months old, they are a bit more mellow, but still kitten cute. I think you are right about kitten season, but there are likely some kittens available throughout the year. Make sure to post lots of photos when you meet your right match.
    Hell, I'll be posting galore.  We're cool with a kitten or one that's a few months old; it's more about the temperament and that factor when you just know.  Plus, I can't work anymore, my husband's working from home for who knows how long, so the little one will have lots of eyes watching over him/her...including George's.

Once my health is fairly stable, we're going full force!

And yeah, season schmeason...the local ASPCA has a few young'uns we may visit, if only to give them some loving :)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    GlowGirl said:
    It's so exciting getting a new kitten. It is hard to choose. They are all so adorable. I made sure my last two kittens were around 6 months old. My first two cats were really young kittens - 6 weeks old. So cute, but it was like having a toddler in the house. They get into everything. They kept me up at night zooming around or meowing incessantly. I found that at 5-6 months old, they are a bit more mellow, but still kitten cute. I think you are right about kitten season, but there are likely some kittens available throughout the year. Make sure to post lots of photos when you meet your right match.

they choose you. I've wondered what mine were like as kittens. Got my first one when she was about 2-3 years old and my other one when she was about a year old.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    GlowGirl said:
    Hey all, it's me - Formerly MF117973. Finally changed my screen name to something more interesting. Just wanted to post this message in the threads I post to most often so you will know it's me. GlowGirl has arrived.
    Thank you for telling us! It also bugs me when people change their avatar. @SD48277 knew this and used to warn me before she did it. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 673
    Been looking to change my username for years, if anyone could point me in the right direction of how to do so that would be great. Thanks 
    ST66483 said:
    Been looking to change my username for years, if anyone could point me in the right direction of how to do so that would be great. Thanks 

i think you have to email ten club
    deadendp said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Hey all, it's me - Formerly MF117973. Finally changed my screen name to something more interesting. Just wanted to post this message in the threads I post to most often so you will know it's me. GlowGirl has arrived.
    Thank you for telling us! It also bugs me when people change their avatar. @SD48277 knew this and used to warn me before she did it. 
    Why GlowGirl (if you don't mind me asking)?

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

Got the actual name from the title of a Who song. But I also like the meaning of glow in terms of radiating light in the dark. I just thought it was a cool screen name. 
    GlowGirl said:

Got the actual name from the title of a Who song. But I also like the meaning of glow in terms of radiating light in the dark. I just thought it was a cool screen name. 
    cool :smile:

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Thanks
    ST66483 said:
    You can’t do it yourself. Email Ten Club support. They will do it for you. 
    Thanks GlowGirl
    edited July 2020

Laying on the couch all day is so exhausting 🥱
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Oh my!!! Terribly exhausting ;) 
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Can someone hand me the screwdriver?

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    Love those two up there!

Meanwhile, I’m trying to wind down here and this fella is ready to play. Sucker that I am, I’ll probably indulge him. 

hedonist said:
    Love those two up there!

Meanwhile, I’m trying to wind down here and this fella is ready to play. Sucker that I am, I’ll probably indulge him. 

How can you resist that little cute face. It’s playtime 😻
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    I’ve been playing around w/ the slow motion video on my phone lately, and have been getting some pretty good shots of this little psycho. 
    Haha, that’s great, Merkin. I’ve gotta figure out how to do that.  
    hedonist said:
    Haha, that’s great, Merkin. I’ve gotta figure out how to do that.  
    That's a still from a video of her... I've been playing around with my iPhone videos, and have been able to get some pretty amazing images when going through the clips 'frame by frame'. It's a bit of a cheat, as you don't have to take the picture at the exact right moment, but f it... we're taking pictures of our cats, who cares?

Thank you, it worked!

hedonist said:
    Thank you, it worked!

Nice! Have fun! You probably figured it out, but you don’t need to be in slo motion; the picture I posted above was from a regular speed video. 
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    We have a 1 year old Toyger that has been all kinds of crazy at home. He's half Bengal and they need a lot of engagement and enrichment. Otherwise, they fuck shit up in your house. 

Last week, we bought him a giant wheel to run in. It's working out great but no videos yet.

To be continued...
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    dudeman said:
    We have a 1 year old Toyger that has been all kinds of crazy at home. He's half Bengal and they need a lot of engagement and enrichment. Otherwise, they fuck shit up in your house. 

Last week, we bought him a giant wheel to run in. It's working out great but no videos yet.

To be continued...
    I just learned a lot during a quick read on Bengals. I hope you can post video. 

Merkin, no slo mo. I figured it out :)
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:
    Thank you, it worked!

I love the kitson near toe touch. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    hedonist said:
    dudeman said:

To be continued...
    I just learned a lot during a quick read on Bengals. I hope you can post video. 

Merkin, no slo mo. I figured it out :)
    Me too! He stops running in the wheel and tries to steal my phone every time I try to get a video. 

He's a damn jungle cat and he will flying leap at anything he sees.

Luckily, he's also very affectionate and loving so if people are nearby, he wants be a part of whatever they're doing. 

It has been interesting since he came to live with us.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    These cats, wowww too funny all of em'
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Cute. I can almost hear them thinking (in a sarcastic voice) - "Yes? Can I help you with something?"