~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    It’s been over 48 hours no sign of her we’ve contacted all the animal shelters and vet offices in our area! My daughter is on all the find your pets sites and we’ve combed our area about a 1.5 mile radius 😢 we got posters done not much more we can do, hope for a miracle we just need closure it’s like she vanished into thin air 
    I’m sorry, Jose. Hopefully she shows up…. Stranger things have happened. 🤞🤞
    Yep that’s what we’re hoping for that she shows up when we least expect her to! Thanks 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,728
    It’s been over 48 hours no sign of her we’ve contacted all the animal shelters and vet offices in our area! My daughter is on all the find your pets sites and we’ve combed our area about a 1.5 mile radius 😢 we got posters done not much more we can do, hope for a miracle we just need closure it’s like she vanished into thin air 

Have you tried putting out her litter box or a smell she's used to?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

Have you tried putting out her litter box or a smell she's used to?
    Yeah put food and my daughter’s blanket on our kitchen deck that’s where she would come to be let in! The problem with the litter box is that I need it for her brother who’s has come in no problem 
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,382
    Hope she comes home soon.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,644
    I’m so sorry. Cats are so good at hiding. She may even be somewhere next to your house without you seeing her. It’s good you are leaving the food out. Maybe get another litterbox for Orin today and put the familiar one outside for her along with the food. I really hope she comes home soon. I can only imagine how you feel right now. I hope your next update is to let us know she is safely home. 
    GlowGirl said:
    I’m so sorry. Cats are so good at hiding. She may even be somewhere next to your house without you seeing her. It’s good you are leaving the food out. Maybe get another litterbox for Orin today and put the familiar one outside for her along with the food. I really hope she comes home soon. I can only imagine how you feel right now. I hope your next update is to let us know she is safely home. 
    Yeah we’re a mess and I’m really worried and heartbroken that it turned this way! All I do is think about what we could’ve done differently we feel like if we knew this was going to happen we wouldn’t have gotten our puppy! Now it’s to late 
    Hope she comes home soon.

Me too 
    Holy damn my Theo just showed up at my front door I’m crying happy tears 🥲 we are never letting them out again they will be indoors from now on! Hurray hurray I’m getting drunk tonight I’m freaking so damn happy I can do cart wheels all around my neighborhood fuck yeah my family is complete again 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,012
    Holy damn my Theo just showed up at my front door I’m crying happy tears 🥲 we are never letting them out again they will be indoors from now on! Hurray hurray I’m getting drunk tonight I’m freaking so damn happy I can do cart wheels all around my neighborhood fuck yeah my family is complete again 
    YEEAAAAHHHHHHH!! 

I’m so happy for you Jose!! 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,405
    edited August 13
    lol...good deal. I've been there a few times. You have to wonder what kind of adventure they just got back from.

My daughter took in a "stray" cat when she was in college. The cat met her on their front porch when she came home one day. It was snowing out so the girls in the house were fussing over the cat all day and then let it in. We ended up keeping the cat as a pet. The cat was neutered and very friendly so I always figured it was someone's cat that lived close that likely disappeared the same way yours did. You just never know.
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    That is so great!! I am so happy for you. You all must be so relieved. I wonder what she got up to while she was on her little journey.

Homer Woohoo GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY
    Might want to take him to the vet just to make sure he's healthy though. Glad he came back. :smile:

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    YEEAAAAHHHHHHH!! 

I’m so happy for you Jose!! 
    lol...good deal. I've been there a few times. You have to wonder what kind of adventure they just got back from.

My daughter took in a "stray" cat when she was in college. The cat met her on their front porch when she came home one day. It was snowing out so the girls in the house were fussing over the cat all day and then let it in. We ended up keeping the cat as a pet. The cat was neutered and very friendly so I always figured it was someone's cat that lived close that likely disappeared the same way yours did. You just never know.
    Homer Woohoo GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY
    Might want to take him to the vet just to make sure he's healthy though. Glad he came back. :smile:

That is so great!! I am so happy for you. You all must be so relieved. I wonder what she got up to while she was on her little journey.

My emotions were all over the place from this episode in our lives today I was particularly bumming being exactly a week since she went missing, now to get them used to being indoors all kinds of rearranging our house to make it fun for them! But there’s no way they are going back out! Thanks everyone for the kind words her brother was not too thrilled to see her but now they are both sleeping after she ate she was starving. Enjoy your kitty’s folks I know I do 
    She looks like she’s wondering where have I been! This place looks familiar and she’s meowing as if she’s still hungry not sure if I should feed her anymore or she’s just telling me 
    what took you so long to get me home 

She looks like she’s wondering where have I been! This place looks familiar and she’s meowing as if she’s still hungry not sure if I should feed her anymore or she’s just telling me 

How is she doing. Is she all settled in back home. I’m glad you are keeping them indoors. They will get used to it. 
    GlowGirl said:

How is she doing. Is she all settled in back home. I’m glad you are keeping them indoors. They will get used to it. 
    She seems fine ate really good today is different for her it’s the start of being indoors only Orin has been in for over a week now and seems ok! I’m planning on getting them a Catio to help with them being indoors so they can still get somewhat of an outdoor space! Will see how I goes but there’s no going back out on their own. How are your kitties doing? Hope all is well 
    GlowGirl said:

She seems fine ate really good today is different for her it’s the start of being indoors only Orin has been in for over a week now and seems ok! I’m planning on getting them a Catio to help with them being indoors so they can still get somewhat of an outdoor space! Will see how I goes but there’s no going back out on their own. How are your kitties doing? Hope all is well 
    My cats are doing great. Thanks. Lukin will have his first bday next month. Time flies. Catios are cool. If didn’t live in an apartment I would get one. I’m sure they will love it. There are so many different kinds. Just do your research. I’m so glad she is back. Such a relief. 
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

My cats are doing great. Thanks. Lukin will have his first bday next month. Time flies. Catios are cool. If didn’t live in an apartment I would get one. I’m sure they will love it. There are so many different kinds. Just do your research. I’m so glad she is back. Such a relief. 
    Yeah I’m looking at all different ones that can work out on my kitchen deck! Happy coming up bday to Lukin and yes my anxiety level was way up there plus my wife and daughter too we were a mess for a week! 
    W
    Since we have created a monster, and Boots sits on our porch screaming bloody murder until we come out and give him attention....

Kathy and I decided he needed a little house.
    Could be a bad move on our part. But damned he looks cute. 
    Why he seems like he’s happy! You should hear my two now indoor only they are crying bloody murder, I have contractor coming by next week to set up the Catio for them that should appease them 
    W
    Adorable. What a sweet face. 
    Put the Catio together today I’m going to put it against the house room window that we use as a spare/office bedroom I’ll install a cat door going directly into the catio so we don’t have to carry them outside! Can’t wait to see them use it as they please! I’m hoping this will make them feel a bit better about being indoors only..
    Put the Catio together today I’m going to put it against the house room window that we use as a spare/office bedroom I’ll install a cat door going directly into the catio so we don’t have to carry them outside! Can’t wait to see them use it as they please! I’m hoping this will make them feel a bit better about being indoors only..
    that's pretty cool!

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Orin 1st day in the Catio Theo hasn’t come out yet he seems ok with it I’m sure he’s thinking wtf what a tease but I’m not taking anymore chances with them being completely outside, they can go as they please through the cat window directly into catio 
    Theo & Orin in the catio 
    That catio is cool. And now you know they will be safe. They will love it. 
    GlowGirl said:
    That catio is cool. And now you know they will be safe. They will love it. 
    They’ve been in it but at the moment they are both in the house resting go figure 😂
  • Boots and I enjoying some perfect weather