Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Think I found a doctor that can help with Kylie's problem. I do have to setup a consultation with them which i did for Mar. 12 and then set up an appointment for surgery later I suppose. But according to them he thinks he can remove the ovary or kidney or whatever he has to do. Which would be great cause I felt like "killing" my cats last night. Woke me up at like 2:30-3:00 cause she's in heat and was meowing constantly and my other cat was hissing and growling at her to knock it off cause she wants some which Kyra can't provide :lol:

took her in for surgery earlier this morning. I think I should get her back sometime tomorrow. I think she's staying overnight.
    Good luck with the surgery. At least she won’t be going into heat all the time now. 

Still waiting to hear back from them. They said they would text me when it is done and when she goes in. So a little worried...

Luckily the last time she was in heat was like a week and a half ago.
    I wouldn't worry about not hearing anything. I usually have to bring my cat's in first thing in the morning if they are having a procedure, even if it is not scheduled until later that afternoon - but you can always call and check in. I do that when I get nervous about not hearing anything for a while.

They called back. Doctor said it went fine, she's on fluids now. They are keeping her overnight to make sure her everything is fine and all.Should be able to take her home sometime tomorrow hopefully :smile:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    Glad to hear it, Dave. 

Happy to report Chains are most of her dinner and was up my ass looking for cheese while I was making mine… she still doesn’t seem normal, but this is a good start. 
  • Options
    Glad to hear it, Dave. 

Happy to report Chains are most of her dinner and was up my ass looking for cheese while I was making mine… she still doesn’t seem normal, but this is a good start. 

Thanks. Not sure why your cat isn't eating. Have you tried a different brand or flavor?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Think I found a doctor that can help with Kylie's problem. I do have to setup a consultation with them which i did for Mar. 12 and then set up an appointment for surgery later I suppose. But according to them he thinks he can remove the ovary or kidney or whatever he has to do. Which would be great cause I felt like "killing" my cats last night. Woke me up at like 2:30-3:00 cause she's in heat and was meowing constantly and my other cat was hissing and growling at her to knock it off cause she wants some which Kyra can't provide :lol:

took her in for surgery earlier this morning. I think I should get her back sometime tomorrow. I think she's staying overnight.
    Good luck with the surgery. At least she won’t be going into heat all the time now. 

Still waiting to hear back from them. They said they would text me when it is done and when she goes in. So a little worried...

I wouldn't worry about not hearing anything. I usually have to bring my cat's in first thing in the morning if they are having a procedure, even if it is not scheduled until later that afternoon - but you can always call and check in. I do that when I get nervous about not hearing anything for a while.

They called back. Doctor said it went fine, she's on fluids now. They are keeping her overnight to make sure her everything is fine and all.Should be able to take her home sometime tomorrow hopefully :smile:
    GREAT NEWS!!!!

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889
    edited March 28
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Great!! That is wonderful news. I wonder if she will need a cone. I think I am more anxious to get the cone off Lukin at this point than he is. 
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,920
    Glad that Kylie is doing well post-surgery.  Hope it sorts her lady-problems outs 🙀😻

Hopefully Chains will be back to her normal right soon.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,920
    GlowGirl said:

George spent a whole minute last night figuring out how to fit in this bowl.

Good luck keeping the cone on Lukin for 10 days @GlowGirl.  Pete had hers off within the 15 minute car ride from the vet’s to the house!

I’m having George neutered and Pumpkin spayed today.  Wish me luck!  It will be an interesting couple of weeks at our house.  
    So cute. Good luck with the procedures. You will be dealing with multiple cones in your house. Lukin struggled with it the first few days but did not get it off. He seems resigned now. I’m taking it off him on Saturday. We will both be happy about that. 
    Well, George lasted about an hour with the cone on once we got home.  Then he managed to get his lower jaw an under the edge.  Had to take it off for safety reasons.  He’s been really good and not too interested in things.  If he does seem too interested, I start wiggling a feather and bell toy at him and he gets totally distracted 🙏😊

Pumpkin in the other-hand didn’t even make it in tk the house with the cone on.  Hubby suggested we get her the post-surgical onesie.   That has been a game-changer.  So awesome, she can’t lick her incision, but she can go to the bathroom, and more importantly she isn’t banging into walls, other animals, or humans in the house. Awesome!

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Glad to hear it, Dave. 

Thanks. Not sure why your cat isn't eating. Have you tried a different brand or flavor?

We've always alternated between dry food in evening & wet food in the AM, and I have tried changing things up & giving her more options. She ate again this morning... not as much as I want, but about 2/3 of the portion, so at least she's eating something. 

Hopefully she gets back to herself shortly, otherwise we'll see about an ultrasound. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

George spent a whole minute last night figuring out how to fit in this bowl.

Good luck keeping the cone on Lukin for 10 days @GlowGirl.  Pete had hers off within the 15 minute car ride from the vet’s to the house!

I’m having George neutered and Pumpkin spayed today.  Wish me luck!  It will be an interesting couple of weeks at our house.  
    So cute. Good luck with the procedures. You will be dealing with multiple cones in your house. Lukin struggled with it the first few days but did not get it off. He seems resigned now. I’m taking it off him on Saturday. We will both be happy about that. 
    Well, George lasted about an hour with the cone on once we got home.  Then he managed to get his lower jaw an under the edge.  Had to take it off for safety reasons.  He’s been really good and not too interested in things.  If he does seem too interested, I start wiggling a feather and bell toy at him and he gets totally distracted 🙏😊

Pumpkin in the other-hand didn’t even make it in tk the house with the cone on.  Hubby suggested we get her the post-surgical onesie.   That has been a game-changer.  So awesome, she can’t lick her incision, but she can go to the bathroom, and more importantly she isn’t banging into walls, other animals, or humans in the house. Awesome!

That is great you found solutions. Lukin was not able to get his off. He tried for a while the first day and then gave up. After a day or two he was able to navigate without bumping into things. His incision looks healed to me but I am going to give it a few more days with the cone. He doesn’t seem bothered anymore. He is a resilient little guy. 

• Options
    Glad to hear it, Dave. 

We've always alternated between dry food in evening & wet food in the AM, and I have tried changing things up & giving her more options. She ate again this morning... not as much as I want, but about 2/3 of the portion, so at least she's eating something. 

Hopefully she gets back to herself shortly, otherwise we'll see about an ultrasound. 

that's pretty good news. Maybe she was just feeling sick for the past few days?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    She's home now, seems fine. Big scar/incision where they removed one of her kidney's and ovaries. The doctor said no jumping and physical activity for awhile. So i have her in my bathroom. Of course I had to run an errand for a few minutes and when I came back somehow she removed the cone from her head and she was on the sink. Don't think any of the stitches came loose luckily. Tried to re-tighten her cone and "cat proof" my bathroom (I'm in a tiny apartment so this was the best spot for her I think. She gets her stitches removed in like a week and a half.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

FREEDOM!!  I decided to remove the cone a few days early. He looks pretty healed up to me and I will keep an eye on his licking. He is so happy. He spent several minutes licking his chest and washing his face. He couldn’t reach either of those area with the cone. He seems much happier now. 
  • Options
    She's home now, seems fine. Big scar/incision where they removed one of her kidney's and ovaries. The doctor said no jumping and physical activity for awhile. So i have her in my bathroom. Of course I had to run an errand for a few minutes and when I came back somehow she removed the cone from her head and she was on the sink. Don't think any of the stitches came loose luckily. Tried to re-tighten her cone and "cat proof" my bathroom (I'm in a tiny apartment so this was the best spot for her I think. She gets her stitches removed in like a week and a half.
    It’s impossible to keep them from jumping. But try your best. I am glad she is doing well. 
  • Options
    Ugh... the stress these f'ers put on us. Glad your girl is home, Dave.

Chains ate better today... the mrs. wanted to give her an appetite stimulant again tonight, but I want to wait and see how she does in the next 24 hours. If things don't get back to normal, we'll probably do an ultrasound, but today was better, and she's up my @$$ for more food now, so I hope this carries over until morning. 
  • Options

Chains ate better today... the mrs. wanted to give her an appetite stimulant again tonight, but I want to wait and see how she does in the next 24 hours. If things don't get back to normal, we'll probably do an ultrasound, but today was better, and she's up my @$$ for more food now, so I hope this carries over until morning. 
    It’s a good sign that she wants more food. Maybe she just didn’t feel well for a few days. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

It’s a good sign that she wants more food. Maybe she just didn’t feel well for a few days. 
    I think more than a few days... we went to Vermont from last Sunday through Wednesday, and let's put it this way... Nuala is up a pound from January, Chains is down 1/2 and I feed them the same amount every meal... I'm thinking Chains didn't eat much when we were away (over a week ago) and Nuala probably had a field day w/ the extra food. 

But yeah... hopefully she gets back to normal soon. 
  • Options
    How are all the kitties today?
  • Options
    This morning was the best meal I've seen Chains eat since before we went to Vermont 2 Sundays ago. 

Will keep an eye on her of course, but hopefully she's back to normal. We have more appetite stimulant, but I'm hoping whatever it was is over & done with & we don't need them anymore. 
  • Options
    This morning was the best meal I've seen Chains eat since before we went to Vermont 2 Sundays ago. 

Will keep an eye on her of course, but hopefully she's back to normal. We have more appetite stimulant, but I'm hoping whatever it was is over & done with & we don't need them anymore. 
    Great news! 
  • Options

My landlord just put a bunch of fake owls on some windowsills. Maybe to keep away pigeons? Daisy is going crazy clawing at the window. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Ok I suppose. Feel bad for Kylie. In a cone in my bathroom. 😕

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Ok I suppose. Feel bad for Kylie. In a cone in my bathroom. 😕

Poor Kylie. That is a big cone they gave her. Lukin’s was small enough for most of his face to stick out of. Have you thought of getting her one of those onesies instead of the cone. I couldn’t use it for Lukin because that area is open so they can use the litterbox. But they are good for covering the abdominal area. It might be more comfy than a cone for her. Maybe look on Petco or Amazon if you think you might want to try that instead. She has a very sweet face. 
  • Options
    This picture popped up in my phone’s ’memories’ today… not sure when it’s from, but it’s definitely Chains caught in the smell of something. 

• Options
    This picture popped up in my phone’s ’memories’ today… not sure when it’s from, but it’s definitely Chains caught in the smell of something. 

I love when they make that face. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    This is who I call Butch. He has adopted the backyard. His brother visits sometimes too. Started feeding Butch and now he shows up for breakfast or when the rain stops...

Chowing on some tuna.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

Daisy has some glowy eyes today. So pretty. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Wicked pretty. 

Current relationship status over here: co-existing just enough to share my wife’s lap. 

• Options
    GlowGirl said:

Wicked pretty. 

Current relationship status over here: co-existing just enough to share my wife’s lap. 

Great photo. Nuala has gotten so big. I remember when you just got her. Lukin will be there soon. He is already 7 pounds. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Wicked pretty. 

Great photo. Nuala has gotten so big. I remember when you just got her. Lukin will be there soon. He is already 7 pounds. 
    Yeah, little piggy was eating all Chains’ food as well as her own for 4 days when we went to VT. 😤
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Wicked pretty. 

Awww. Kyra still hisses at Kylie so chances of them being snuggle buddies are kinda slim.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD