Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,975
    Think I found a doctor that can help with Kylie's problem. I do have to setup a consultation with them which i did for Mar. 12 and then set up an appointment for surgery later I suppose. But according to them he thinks he can remove the ovary or kidney or whatever he has to do. Which would be great cause I felt like "killing" my cats last night. Woke me up at like 2:30-3:00 cause she's in heat and was meowing constantly and my other cat was hissing and growling at her to knock it off cause she wants some which Kyra can't provide :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,986
    Think I found a doctor that can help with Kylie's problem. I do have to setup a consultation with them which i did for Mar. 12 and then set up an appointment for surgery later I suppose. But according to them he thinks he can remove the ovary or kidney or whatever he has to do. Which would be great cause I felt like "killing" my cats last night. Woke me up at like 2:30-3:00 cause she's in heat and was meowing constantly and my other cat was hissing and growling at her to knock it off cause she wants some which Kyra can't provide :lol:
    Yikes. I hope the doctor can help and give you all some relief. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,523
    That's brutal. 

All of a sudden Nuala doing parkour off my midsection at 4:30 in the morning doesn't sound so bad. 
  • Options

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320

Insane picture looks unnatural long paw 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Insane picture looks unnatural long paw 
    The picture is deceiving in how she’s lying, but having said that… her tail and legs are ridiculously long. It’s very funny when she does the fast walking thing where she doesn’t bend her legs; it looks like she’s walking on little stilts. 
  • Options
    edited March 20

Such a sweetie. Someone in this photo is getting neutered tomorrow - and it’s not me. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    edited March 20
    GlowGirl said:

Such a sweetie. Someone in this photo is getting neutered tomorrow - and it’s not me. 
    That blue background reminds me of the school portraits we used to get back in the day. 
    Good luck today. 
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,818
    GlowGirl said:

I still want to steal that kitty.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

That blue background reminds me of the school portraits we used to get back in the day. 
    Good luck today. 
    Thanks. I just dropped him off. I felt bad leaving him at the vet. I like my blue wall but am thinking of painting it a solid teal. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

I still want to steal that kitty.

He is amazing. But there are plenty just like him who need good homes. I found him on a pet adoption site on the internet. So many cute kittens. I know you already have a few yourself.
  • Options
    If it were possible, I would have 100 kitty's living with me. 
  • Options

All neutered. But he hates this cone. He was using all four of his legs to try to pull it off. He must hate me right now wondering why I am not helping him get it off. 
  • Options
    awwwww
  • Options

Only 13 more days of this stupid cone. At least he seems to have forgiven me putting him through this indignation. 
  • Options
    Ya know....
    Looking back at the past year and all my health issues..... Its a wonder I never had to wear a cone. Hahaha
  • Options
    Ya know....
    Looking back at the past year and all my health issues..... It’s a wonder I never had to wear a cone. Hahaha
    I hope you are feeling better. I know you have been through a lot. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Ya know....
    Looking back at the past year and all my health issues..... It’s a wonder I never had to wear a cone. Hahaha
    Thanks. 
    How long does he have to wear the cone?
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Ya know....
    Thanks. 
    The vet said 14 days. But when I look at different vet sites online most say 7-10 days after neutering. So I may take it off him after 10 days or so. He is struggling with it less today. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Ya know....
    Thanks. 
    The vet said 14 days. But when I look at different vet sites online most say 7-10 days after neutering. So I may take it off him after 10 days or so. He is struggling with it less today. 
    Hows kitty holding out?
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,927

George spent a whole minute last night figuring out how to fit in this bowl.

Good luck keeping the cone on Lukin for 10 days @GlowGirl.  Pete had hers off within the 15 minute car ride from the vet’s to the house!

I’m having George neutered and Pumpkin spayed today.  Wish me luck!  It will be an interesting couple of weeks at our house.  
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options

Good luck keeping the cone on Lukin for 10 days @GlowGirl.  Pete had hers off within the 15 minute car ride from the vet’s to the house!

I’m having George neutered and Pumpkin spayed today.  Wish me luck!  It will be an interesting couple of weeks at our house.  
    So cute. Good luck with the procedures. You will be dealing with multiple cones in your house. Lukin struggled with it the first few days but did not get it off. He seems resigned now. I’m taking it off him on Saturday. We will both be happy about that. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Ya know....
    Thanks. 
    Hows kitty holding out?

He is hanging in there. Five more days. 
  • Options

Adorable 
  • Options

took her in for surgery earlier this morning. I think I should get her back sometime tomorrow. I think she's staying overnight.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

took her in for surgery earlier this morning. I think I should get her back sometime tomorrow. I think she's staying overnight.
    Good luck, I hope all turns out well... it's such an awful feeling leaving them. 

I spent 3+ hours at urgent care yesterday evening w/ Chains to try to determine why she hadn't eaten since Saturday... $1600+ to determine they don't know what's wrong with her. Bloodwork... x rays... urinalyses... all came back good. No signs of liver failure, and she hasn't lost much weight as of yet... upwards of $2K to find out she might just be mad at us for going to Vermont for 3 nights last week. WTF. 

They injected her w/ fluid to hydrate her and gave an appetite stimulant... since then she's shown *some* interest in food. but not enough for my liking... she maybe ate 1/2 of the THIRD option I put out for her this morning.  :| 
  • Options

Good luck, I hope all turns out well... it's such an awful feeling leaving them. 

I spent 3+ hours at urgent care yesterday evening w/ Chains to try to determine why she hadn't eaten since Saturday... $1600+ to determine they don't know what's wrong with her. Bloodwork... x rays... urinalyses... all came back good. No signs of liver failure, and she hasn't lost much weight as of yet... upwards of $2K to find out she might just be mad at us for going to Vermont for 3 nights last week. WTF. 

They injected her w/ fluid to hydrate her and gave an appetite stimulant... since then she's shown *some* interest in food. but not enough for my liking... she maybe ate 1/2 of the THIRD option I put out for her this morning.  :| 
    Ugh. That is the worst when they don’t eat and you don’t know why. I have had to give Daisy appetite stimulants on occasion due to her IBD. It usually works within a day or so. Hopefully, she will start eating more today. 
  • Options

Good luck with the surgery. At least she won’t be going into heat all the time now. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Good luck with the surgery. At least she won’t be going into heat all the time now. 

Still waiting to hear back from them. They said they would text me when it is done and when she goes in. So a little worried...

Luckily the last time she was in heat was like a week and a half ago.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Still waiting to hear back from them. They said they would text me when it is done and when she goes in. So a little worried...

Luckily the last time she was in heat was like a week and a half ago.
    I wouldn't worry about not hearing anything. I usually have to bring my cat's in first thing in the morning if they are having a procedure, even if it is not scheduled until later that afternoon - but you can always call and check in. I do that when I get nervous about not hearing anything for a while.