Requested a Refund

Comments

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    I hear what you're saying, but to me it's maybe time to step away from the keyboard when we're getting into talking about the machinations of the contract we enter into when we purchase a tank of gas from a station. 
    This might be one of the best posts ever!

I think a lot of us are bored and waiting for some good news to drop.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    I hear what you're saying, but to me it's maybe time to step away from the keyboard when we're getting into talking about the machinations of the contract we enter into when we purchase a tank of gas from a station. 
    I only buy gas one gallon at time 😉. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    I have had this virus hit my workplace, family and friends pretty hard in NJ. I can not see myself going to any show with GA even available in the room. This would be the first PJ MSG show ive ever missed, but to me this is bigger than a concert. 

Id like a refund and a redraw. IMO, other than a vaccine in whenever, its the safest and only option.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    RS65573 said:
    I have had this virus hit my workplace, family and friends pretty hard in NJ. I can not see myself going to any show with GA even available in the room. This would be the first PJ MSG show ive ever missed, but to me this is bigger than a concert. 

Id like a refund and a redraw. IMO, other than a vaccine in whenever, its the safest and only option.
    Concerts, whether GA or not, will be among the very last events to come back.  Especially in NYC.  Neither the city or Pearl Jam will allow a show unless everyone’s safety is assured which means until we have a vaccine we won’t have the show. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    RS65573 said:

Redraw? Why not just trade your GA for great seats? Also why would you miss the show? You guys are talking like the show has a new date and is going on in an unsafe manner. I just do not get the thought process going on here. 
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    kst said:
    This might be one of the best posts ever!

I think a lot of us are bored and waiting for some good news to drop.
    Thanks. 
    I just don't see the point in all of the butt-hurt. Everyone has different options with how to proceed with their tickets. I'm in the same boat with the European leg. Life goes on....if we're lucky.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    I'm not in GA, I'm in the front row behind GA. Vaccine being year or 2, or never, I just cant imagine being near that many people.

So you'd rather wait longer and have GA rather than just seats? IDK, I would rather eliminate GA, shoot for sooner show rather than later and be cautious.

And i'm aware id likely not win them again, I've lost many times.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072

Here's a new wrinkle. First time I've got one of these. Instead of ticketmaster refunding the buyer directly, they charge my card immediately, and then I have to request a refund by email, which I'll get in "as soon as" 30 days "if approved." Very inefficient. I'm sure many people will overlook these messages and not request a refund until it's too late. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    SHZA said:

Here's a new wrinkle. First time I've got one of these. Instead of ticketmaster refunding the buyer directly, they charge my card immediately, and then I have to request a refund by email, which I'll get in "as soon as" 30 days "if approved." Very inefficient. I'm sure many people will overlook these messages and not request a refund until it's too late. 
    I sold 3 pairs of tickets on the F2F as I was working my way to better seats. I wonder how long it will be before I receive one, or three of these? Some of the people might want to keep them, but probably not all of them.  
    RS65573 said:
    I'm not in GA, I'm in the front row behind GA. Vaccine being year or 2, or never, I just cant imagine being near that many people.

So you'd rather wait longer and have GA rather than just seats? IDK, I would rather eliminate GA, shoot for sooner show rather than later and be cautious.

And i'm aware id likely not win them again, I've lost many times.
    First of all, I’m sorry to hear you have had an impact in your inner circle from the virus.  We’re all talking about concerts and things, but nothing is important compared to that.  I hope everything is okay.

In terms of the shows, my view is that it’s unlikely that an arena show could take place with both GA and reserved any earlier than a show with reserved only.  In either case it’s thousands of people and there needs to be a vaccine or a very good treatment.  If I am right, and someone has GA for a show and would rather sit in reserved, for sure there’s a reserved ticket holder who would make the trade.  And for MSG, tickets can actually be transferred to each other.

Now, if it were to be declared by health authorities that shows could happen without GA like 6 months before they could with GA, I’d be up for a show on that basis, but would rather they treat it as a net new show, and still let the existing draws stand.  It’s not like they couldn’t sell out another MSG show.

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

SHZA said:

I sold 3 pairs of tickets on the F2F as I was working my way to better seats. I wonder how long it will be before I receive one, or three of these? Some of the people might want to keep them, but probably not all of them.  
    I’m guessing there’s about a 30 day window for the new buyer to request refunds, though I’m not sure.  It is a dumb process, but it was clear when listing that this was how it would work.  In my case, I sold for two shows, and regret one of the sales.  So here’s hoping if someone cancels a purchase on me it would be that one!

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    kst said:
    SHZA said:

I’m guessing there’s about a 30 day window for the new buyer to request refunds, though I’m not sure.  It is a dumb process, but it was clear when listing that this was how it would work.  In my case, I sold for two shows, and regret one of the sales.  So here’s hoping if someone cancels a purchase on me it would be that one!
    What is going to be a mess is if someone who bought my tickets wants a refund, so I get the tickets back, and I want a refund since I now have multiple pairs to the same show, and so on. Some of these tickets have probably been bought and sold numbers of times.
    edited May 2020
    kst said:
    SHZA said:

What is going to be a mess is if someone who bought my tickets wants a refund, so I get the tickets back, and I want a refund since I now have multiple pairs to the same show, and so on. Some of these tickets have probably been bought and sold numbers of times.
    Simplest thing would have been TM refund the most recent buyer directly.  The theory is they rushed this fan exchange to market and didn’t develop that process.  They reused existing process for their normal resale marketplace, where it has to work this way because not every sale is necessarily at the same price.  So yes, it could get messy, but everyone just has to stay on top of their holdings.
    Post edited by RatherStarved on

I contacted 10Club, got my refund, and it was $13 less than I spent. Not cool IMO, stopped payment, my CC credited me. F TM.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    RS65573 said:
    I contacted 10Club, got my refund, and it was $13 less than I spent. Not cool IMO, stopped payment, my CC credited me. F TM.
    Was it Foreign Exchange?  If not, that's odd. If it's FX, it happens to us Canadians all the time.   This time though we did good.  Friend of mine made a few bucks on tickets he made because the Canadian dollar dropped.
    Yeah I guess it was...Hamilton. I didnt even think of that.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    RS65573 said:
    Yeah I guess it was...Hamilton. I didnt even think of that.
    Credit cards usually charge fairly high FX fees like 2.5%.    So you'll have lost 2.5% paying FX fee's when you bought the tickets, another 2.5% when you sold them.  Plus the US dollar appreciated (Canadian Dollar went down in value) so you'll lose money on that too (if you're American).

I think it's more common for us Canadians to be buying things in foreign currencies because online stores in Canada are rare and not very good.   There's a few credit cards we can use that eliminate the FX fees (or give points to compensate for them) which is kind of nice.
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    I have tickets I got through 10 Club for OKC that I would like a refund for but there is no option for that on my account on Ticketmaster. Am I missing something?
    The last email I received from TicketsToday was from March 19th stating they were not taking refund requests anymore.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Cockbags at TM still have not refunded the Rage tickets I requested a while back.  
    Hope they go broke.  They screw us for years....pay up!
  • NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    edited May 2020
    I have tickets I got through 10 Club for OKC that I would like a refund for but there is no option for that on my account on Ticketmaster. Am I missing something?
    The last email I received from TicketsToday was from March 19th stating they were not taking refund requests anymore.
    Email TicketsToday, I had another email afterwards that said to respond to the email for a refund.  I got that probably a month ago maybe.  Just sent them an email in the last week to request refund for OKC.  Got an email yesterday that it was processing and should be credited back to my CC within 5 days

I'm still waiting on refunds to hit my CC from my 4 other non 10c tickets
    Post edited by NSL on
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    NSL said:
    Email TicketsToday, I had another email afterwards that said to respond to the email for a refund.  I got that probably a month ago maybe.  Just sent them an email in the last week to request refund for OKC.  Got an email yesterday that it was processing and should be credited back to my CC within 5 days

Thank you. What is their email address? The one I have is a do not reply email. Thank you so much!

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Cockbags at TM still have not refunded the Rage tickets I requested a while back.  
    Same here. Waiting on RATM refund. Ridiculous. 
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    NSL said:

Thank you. What is their email address? The one I have is a do not reply email. Thank you so much!

You can try customerservice@ticketstoday.com
    As I live overseas, they told me to call Ticketmaster.
    I call them on April 13th and I have received today a confirmation by Tickets Today that they have refunded my tickets.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    NSL said:

tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    My refund for Rage posted today. Took three weeks.
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Update on refund status

Both Pearl Jam Oakland Shows. Refund approved. Waiting on funds to arrive

Called Ticketmaster about Green Day and Black Crowes LA shows. Both postponed till next year. Girl gave me refunds in full to both shows. 🤘🏽👍🏽

Ohana 2 nights. Received email stating that it would be a 65 dollar charge to cancel. So I’m just going to wait for the canceling that’s coming and save 65 bucks. 

It’s been a pain in the ass but it’s all coming together. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,307
    Update on refund status

Called Ticketmaster about Green Day and Black Crowes LA shows. Both postponed till next year. Girl gave me refunds in full to both shows. 🤘🏽👍🏽

Ohana 2 nights. Received email stating that it would be a 65 dollar charge to cancel. So I’m just going to wait for the canceling that’s coming and save 65 bucks. 

Hmmmm how come they gave you the Green Day refund when we just got email yesterday saying "30 day window for refunds will open when new date is announced" or something like that ?  I'll def call then if they'll process now. 

My refund for Rage posted today. Took three weeks.
    Good to hear!
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Update on refund status

Hmmmm how come they gave you the Green Day refund when we just got email yesterday saying "30 day window for refunds will open when new date is announced" or something like that ?  I'll def call then if they'll process now. 

I have no idea. I had this whole argument planned out in my head about logistics and how when the tickets were purchased and what the fine print said at the time about refunds but the girl was super friendly and even looked into the status for refunds on the two Oakland PJ shows. And when I called the wait was over 15 mins but gave the option for a call back. That was way better than I expected. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.