The Food Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Looks good! New iPhone in portrait mode?
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    Lots to pick from.  Expensive way to eat but with the lockdown it is a cool idea.  Sending some to friends as well.
    If you want to do it let me know as I get $50 free for referring 2 buyers. ;)
    Yeah man, that pizza you snagged looks amazing. I think I'd be down. My wife is checking it out now. 

Corona Filets tonight

Looks great!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    Wow man that is fucking spectacular.

I ordered a treat as well, from goldbelly.
    Ordered Tony's Pizza Napolenta.
    Needed a food treat with no restaurant action for a month.
    3 pack of gluten free and 3 pack regular.

Goldbelly is a sweet site....anyone ever do this?
    https://www.goldbelly.com/tonys-pizza-napoletano

I ordered a treat as well. Got BBQ burnt ends brisket today - with baked beans and coleslaw. After I got all masked and gloved up, I went to pick it up.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    MF117973 said:
    Wow man that is fucking spectacular.

I ordered a treat as well, from goldbelly.
    Ordered Tony's Pizza Napolenta.
    Needed a food treat with no restaurant action for a month.
    3 pack of gluten free and 3 pack regular.

Goldbelly is a sweet site....anyone ever do this?
    https://www.goldbelly.com/tonys-pizza-napoletano

I ordered a treat as well. Got BBQ burnt ends brisket today - with baked beans and coleslaw. After I got all masked and gloved up, I went to pick it up.

Righteous!
    #treatyoself

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Gallows humor is usually the way I go.  Have to.  

Juggler, yum!  Medium rare I hope. No potatoes though?  Tsk tsk. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Medium. New iPhone, yes.

Yeah, some roasted potatoes would've been great. However, we are living in hell and have to make due with what we have, hedonist!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Medium steak is near hell.
    Rare, as rare as it can be.
    At least medium-rare!
    .;)
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

Our sushi spot is closed, and so is my fish guy, so this is next best option. Highly recommend and super fresh. Sashimi and sushi pics to come
    Nice slab of Yellowfin. 
    Lookin' forward to the Sushi and Sashimi pics.
    Spanish night

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    ^^^That does not look like food, that looks like a monster from a fantasy novel lol

I'll bet it will be tasty when you are done with it though...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    I don’t think I could not mess up cooking octopus.
    Please post the finished product!!
    Heres my first attempt at sour dough. Next time I think I’ll put it on a baking sheet not a loaf pan.

Love tako!
    Octopus, forever.

Bread would be good right about now.

Such good presentation always...amazing.

This inspired me to do octopus a few years ago and do it about once a year now.  Never done it like that though, Eddie. Might have to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYb4DYYpKYc&t=
    Such good presentation always...amazing.

This inspired me to do octopus a few years ago and do it about once a year now.  Never done it like that though, Eddie. Might have to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYb4DYYpKYc&t=
    Grilled is great- Greek style my favourite.
    I tend to go with Pulpo a la gallega as in my pic.
    Great stuff, as always!
    Not much to look at, but it's a local country sausage that is just damn good.

Anybody else here a sausage nut?
    I dream of sampling the full range of local German/Austrian/Polish sausages the way sushi nuts want to go to that one guys place lol
    I want to try all the sausages of the world, in one day.
    I love sausage but no way near how I feel about sushi.  
    Are you referencing Jiro?

That does look good, though.
    I love sausage but no way near how I feel about sushi.  
    Are you referencing Jiro?

That does look good, though.
    I don't know who I'm referencing, just that guy who lives on top of sushi mountain lol
    Sushi doesn't compare to sausage for me.
    I mean, a great piece can be exquisite in a way sausage never is, but cutting a piece of fish is not equivalent to a recipe that's been fine tuned for hundreds of years of tradition.  

I know, in many cases, there's more to sushi than cutting a piece of fish, but from what I've seen, the use of actual ingredients is often frowned upon and the entire endeavor is a matter of starting with the best ingredients and letting them shine through simplicity.  I have no problem with that, as a food philosophy...hell, I'm an heirloom gardener, so it's the food philosophy I most align with, but I don't act like slicing a tomato and cucumber perfectly and pairing it with just the right balsamic vinegar is an art form or pinnacle of culinary skills...

Alright, I completely suck at remembering to take pics. Here is the filling for our spice tuna roll.
    Inside: spicy tuna, avocado, shrimp tempura (frozen, from box for shrimp).
    Outside: Ahi, green dragon sauce and spicy mayo.
    I'll remember to take more tomorrow!
    I know those are fightin' words lol
    Haha.  Watch Jiro Dreams Of Sushi.  Amazing stuff.
    I know very little of sausage, except I like pretty much everything I have eaten.
    I know very little of sausage, except I like pretty much everything I have eaten.
    I think I would enjoy that movie, but I've never had the opportunity to watch it.  I know I heard an NPR piece once about how a guy barfed because they serve you 20 courses in 30 minutes and you aren't allowed to slow down, you have to eat it in seconds or they take it away.  Some ridiculous reasoning about freshness I think?
    rgambs said:
    I think I would enjoy that movie, but I've never had the opportunity to watch it.  I know I heard an NPR piece once about how a guy barfed because they serve you 20 courses in 30 minutes and you aren't allowed to slow down, you have to eat it in seconds or they take it away.  Some ridiculous reasoning about freshness I think?

rgambs said:
    I don't recall that but I 100% prefer sushi bar and it really hurts the experience for me if I get a shitload of warm fish on a platter while sitting at a table
    Also, I'm a giant pig when eating sushi so that would not phase me.  
    Can understand that it is a different thing for many.
    I would cut off a pinky to go there.
    I think you would appreciate the movie.  Guy is hard core dedicated about trying to find ways to improve his craft every single day.  Very impressive.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    There used to be a German deli in South Central LA that served my dad sausages just like home. Good god they were amazing!

We stopped going once the gangs took over. 
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069

Good morning to those in the States and, elsewhere, good day. This is how mine is shaping up. Temps at 275, using a mix of pecan and cherry, around 14-15 lbs trimmed and on at 5:18 this morning. Now just going to sit here for the next 12-14 hours. Hope you all have a good one today.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
    Oh boy.  I would like to see the pics once cooked and then served.  Beautiful!