Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933

sleepy saturday when you have 10 hours of work to do. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited April 2020

Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Leia :heart:
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502

deadendp said:

She looks like she is starting at the alarm clock, wishing it wasn't so early in the day.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Georgie and Beans were barking at the birds earlier.

Springtime is nirvana for cats. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,835
    edited April 2020
    Tristan and Daisy - It's like they don't even care what is going on in the world today.
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    My cat, Buford, of 13 years (found as an adult stray) took his last ride yesterday. I must admit, if was FAR tougher than I ever imagined it would be. Generally, I am able to deal with that sort of thing really well. He was such a good cat and a terrific friend.

Boo! Really big BOOO!!!
    I am so sorry. I know how hard it can be. I lost my 17 year old cat a few years ago. It was devastating. My two now are 13 and 3. Both in great shape so far.

• Options
    MF117973 said:
    Tristan and Daisy - It's like they don't even care what is going on in the world today.
    Beauties.  As long as they get food and rubs and loving, they could give a shit about the worries we bear.

What a life.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    hedonist said:
    MF117973 said:
    Beauties.  As long as they get food and rubs and loving, they could give a shit about the worries we bear.

What a life.
    Those are two gorgeous cats!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    hedonist said:
    MF117973 said:

What a life.
    Thanks. Yes they are. I would be doing a disservice if I didn’t show their beautiful faces 😁

I adopted them both from a wonderful Siamese rescue organization. Over the years I have adopted 3 cats from them (RIP Nico). So if anyone is interested in adopting a Siamese cat let me know. I will give you more information. All three cats I have adopted from them have been amazing. Siameserescue.org
  • Options
    MF117973 said:
    hedonist said:
    MF117973 said:

What a life.
    Thanks. Yes they are. I would be doing a disservice if I didn’t show their beautiful faces 😁

I adopted them both from a wonderful Siamese rescue organization. Over the years I have adopted 3 cats from them (RIP Nico). So if anyone is interested in adopting a Siamese cat let me know. I will give you more information. All three cats I have adopted from them have been amazing. Siameserescue.org
    My husband’s family had Siameses when he was growing up. One was named Nico :)
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    hedonist said:
    MF117973 said:
    hedonist said:
    MF117973 said:

What a life.

Wow. I love the name Nico. I think if I had a kid I would have named her that. One of my friends named his daughter Nico. Plus, I love the Velvet Underground - so that makes it even better.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    I will own a Siamese one day and name it Ramses!
  • Options
    MF117973 said:
    hedonist said:
    MF117973 said:
    hedonist said:
    MF117973 said:

What a life.

Wow. I love the name Nico. I think if I had a kid I would have named her that. One of my friends named his daughter Nico. Plus, I love the Velvet Underground - so that makes it even better.

I associate it with Blind Melon. Love the name too!
  • Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    MF117973 said:
    hedonist said:
    MF117973 said:

What a life.

Disney scary and DIsney cute at the same time!

Why is there a siamese rescue? They are "raskatter" are they not? (could it be called purebred in english?)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options

• Options

Yup, it's a snoozer.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Hello, gorgeous! Love the tuxedo.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    Annie is good company while we shelter at home.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    MF117973 said:
    hedonist said:
    MF117973 said:

What a life.

Disney scary and DIsney cute at the same time!

Why is there a siamese rescue? They are "raskatter" are they not? (could it be called purebred in english?)
    They are super sweet. In the U.S. there are a lot of breed rescues - even for dogs. Both my cats were found on the streets as stray kittens. Siamese Rescue basically takes in strays or shelter cats that have Siamese characteristics. They are most likely not purebred Siamese. My male cat - the one on the bottom - is a bit larger and furrier than a purebred Siamese would be. He is over 15 pounds - may have some Maine Coon in him. The female in the top photo likely has more Siamese blood in her - but I doubt she is purebred either. Hard to tell. I didn't really care if they were purebred. It was more important for me to adopt.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    brianlux said:

So is Kali. She’s an awesome lap cat 🐱 

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    brianlux said:

So is Kali. She’s an awesome lap cat 🐱 

She's a beauty!  :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    I miss my cats! Love the tuxedos, the tabbies and the rest of the crew!! I need some kitty lovies. 
  • Options
    I miss my cats! Love the tuxedos, the tabbies and the rest of the crew!! I need some kitty lovies. 
    Me too! I like the recent entries.

Another for submission (he was sleepy and thought he heard birds...he did not):

• Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    😻😻😻
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 450
    Love all these entries-Thankyou for sharing!
  • Options

Having grown up with outdoor cats I will never not feel that indoor cats is somehow animal abuse. And taking her out a bit in a leash feels so wrong. But yeah, she enjoyed eating some grass and looking at birds. 

Would be nice moving somewhere where I could just let her out. One day. 

:)