Handsome guy 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889

Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,034
    static111 said:

That is so sweet. How old is the kitten now. I am picking up my new kitten on Saturday. Photos to come.

• Options

I just got this little cutie today. His name is Lukin. You all are the only ones I don’t have to explain the name to. He is 2.5 months old. He is a mini-me of Daisy. Little Siamese kitten. He was born on the streets of Texas and his entire litter was attacked by a dog. He was the only survivor. Poor baby. Now he is living in NYC. What a journey for such a small guy. Daisy is ok with him so far. They were lying on the bed together. No snuggling yet but also no hissing or swiping. I think they will become good friends very soon. He is super playful and active. So lots of fun. 
  • Options

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,344
    I had to take my Orin to emergency vet last night he didn’t eat and was just lethargic vet prescribed fluids he had no temperature but today he did it got up to 104.6 so we decided to leave him overnight! We are not doing well but know he’s in good hands, just got of phone with them they have an IV in him for antibiotics and fluids I’m hoping it’s just for tonight not sure how good I’ll sleep ughh 🙁
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I had to take my Orin to emergency vet last night he didn’t eat and was just lethargic vet prescribed fluids he had no temperature but today he did it got up to 104.6 so we decided to leave him overnight! We are not doing well but know he’s in good hands, just got of phone with them they have an IV in him for antibiotics and fluids I’m hoping it’s just for tonight not sure how good I’ll sleep ughh 🙁
    I’m sorry he is sick. I know it is so stressful when our pets aren’t feeling well. That stuff keeps me up at night as well. It sounds like he is being well cared for. Hopefully, he can come home tomorrow. Please keep us posted. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,550
    edited December 2023
    I'm sorry Jose… I hope this is a brief episode and Orin makes a quick and full recovery. 

GG, it looks like Lukin is happy enough in his new home… I’m happy to hear Daisy’s not responding negatively. Congrats again. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    static111 said:

That is so sweet. How old is the kitten now. I am picking up my new kitten on Saturday. Photos to come.

We figure she is about 3-4 months at this point. She is really sweet and doing a good job of convincing her brother that she is a good addition to the family.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    GlowGirl said:

I just got this little cutie today. His name is Lukin. You all are the only ones I don’t have to explain the name to. He is 2.5 months old. He is a mini-me of Daisy. Little Siamese kitten. He was born on the streets of Texas and his entire litter was attacked by a dog. He was the only survivor. Poor baby. Now he is living in NYC. What a journey for such a small guy. Daisy is ok with him so far. They were lying on the bed together. No snuggling yet but also no hissing or swiping. I think they will become good friends very soon. He is super playful and active. So lots of fun. 
    So precious!!!
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    Dude I hope this is over quick with a swift recovery.
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,733
    edited December 2023
    Lukin is so adorable!

I didn't let my kiddo keep the white kitten with blue eyes even though we made a deal for her to attend camp if she could. (Best week, ever!)

We just have our original grey cat named Pumpkin. She doesn't come inside the house if there's a man visiting, or the dryer is rumbling, or even coffee dripping. She lost her mother on a farm when she was a kitten. (Maybe a male in a vehicle?) Once, after camping we returned home to discover one of her newborn kitties didn't survive.

My little cat's a trooper. Every now and then she comes for a snuggle and I love her!

Oh yeah - she's sassy too. Once I brought new pet home and she came and took a shit on my bed to tell me exactly how she felt about it. :m
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,037
    GlowGirl said:

aww he's adorable, great name too. That's good that Daisy is kinda warming up to him pretty quickly.

I might get another cat after the holidays (still thinking about it). Not sure how Kyra would feel about another one though. Times like these I wish I could read their minds or be like a "cat whisperer".
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    GlowGirl said:

aww he's adorable, great name too. That's good that Daisy is kinda warming up to him pretty quickly.

I might get another cat after the holidays (still thinking about it). Not sure how Kyra would feel about another one though. Times like these I wish I could read their minds or be like a "cat whisperer".
    You should get another one. I am really proud of Daisy for accepting Lukin so fast. She is a good girl. Last night she started licking him and they have been chasing each other around. It has only been 24 hours or so. This is the quickest I have ever had a cat accept another cat. It usually takes a few weeks. She must have really missed Tristan as much as I do  
  • Options

Lukin’s little murder mitten. So far he hasn’t used those claws on anything or anyone. 
  • Options
    Lukin is precious!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Lukin is precious!
    Thanks. So is Cupcake in front of the Xmas tree. You can use that for you Xmas cards. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

If you get another cat get a male cat that is younger and smaller than Kyra. I have always been told that opposite sex cats get along better. And if he is smaller and younger than Kyra she shouldn’t see him as a threat. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

If you get another cat get a male cat that is younger and smaller than Kyra. I have always been told that opposite sex cats get along better. And if he is smaller and younger than Kyra she shouldn’t see him as a threat. 
    +1 - integrating Nuala w/ Chains was hard… we’re at a much better place almost 12 months in, but it was a long process and I can’t help but wonder if it might have give smoother w/ a younger male cat. 
    Oh well… I think we’re in a good place now. 

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

+1 - integrating Nuala w/ Chains was hard… we’re at a much better place almost 12 months in, but it was a long process and I can’t help but wonder if it might have give smoother w/ a younger male cat. 
    Oh well… I think we’re in a good place now. 

I love this photo. They are making a little heart. I know that you have been trying hard to get them to become close. It looks like it is working. 
  • Options
    My boy Orin is still running high fevers at the vets 105 he’s not coming home tonight I’m worried have to admit but he has eaten & peed no poop! Vet changed his antibiotics to an oral antibiotic now to try to sleep tonight ughh the vet will call me between 6-7 in AM hug your kitties for me tonight 🙁
  • Options
    My boy Orin is still running high fevers at the vets 105 he’s not coming home tonight I’m worried have to admit but he has eaten & peed no poop! Vet changed his antibiotics to an oral antibiotic now to try to sleep tonight ughh the vet will call me between 6-7 in AM hug your kitties for me tonight 🙁
    Hope he responds well to the new medication tonight, Jose. Hang in there. 
  • Options
    I hope tomorrow is filled with good news!

• Options
    Hope he responds well to the new medication tonight, Jose. Hang in there. 
    I hope tomorrow is filled with good news!

Thanks guys! 
  • Options
    So sorry he is still not feeling well. Do they have any idea of what is causing the fevers. It’s good he is eating. Let’s hope for good news tomorrow morning. 
  • Options
    The vet called me around 4AM with update 
    his fever had broken after they started him anti-inflammatory! We picked him up around 6:30AM so he’s home resting and we have meds for three days will have to take his temperature around 4 when he gets more an oral antibiotic so far so good! They couldn’t pinpoint the cause of his fever but they sent all the records over to our primary Veterinary Clinic let’s hope he doesn’t spike again 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,550
    edited December 2023
    his fever had broken after they started him anti-inflammatory! We picked him up around 6:30AM so he’s home resting and we have meds for three days will have to take his temperature around 4 when he gets more an oral antibiotic so far so good! They couldn’t pinpoint the cause of his fever but they sent all the records over to our primary Veterinary Clinic let’s hope he doesn’t spike again 
    Great news!!

Glad he responded to the meds and is back home.
  • Options
    Home sweet home