Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,181
    The vet called me around 4AM with update 
    his fever had broken after they started him anti-inflammatory! We picked him up around 6:30AM so he’s home resting and we have meds for three days will have to take his temperature around 4 when he gets more an oral antibiotic so far so good! They couldn’t pinpoint the cause of his fever but they sent all the records over to our primary Veterinary Clinic let’s hope he doesn’t spike again 
    That is great that he is home. Poor baby. I hope he starts to feel all better soon. Give him lots of love and kisses.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

I just got this little cutie today. His name is Lukin. You all are the only ones I don’t have to explain the name to. He is 2.5 months old. He is a mini-me of Daisy. Little Siamese kitten. He was born on the streets of Texas and his entire litter was attacked by a dog. He was the only survivor. Poor baby. Now he is living in NYC. What a journey for such a small guy. Daisy is ok with him so far. They were lying on the bed together. No snuggling yet but also no hissing or swiping. I think they will become good friends very soon. He is super playful and active. So lots of fun. 

aww he's adorable, great name too. That's good that Daisy is kinda warming up to him pretty quickly.

I might get another cat after the holidays (still thinking about it). Not sure how Kyra would feel about another one though. Times like these I wish I could read their minds or be like a "cat whisperer".
    If you get another cat get a male cat that is younger and smaller than Kyra. I have always been told that opposite sex cats get along better. And if he is smaller and younger than Kyra she shouldn’t see him as a threat. 

good point/ Never had a male cat before though. Had 2 calico's, one grey tabby and i guess Kia was considered a tabico. Thanks for the advice :smile:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    Not totally good he’s still running a temp really hasn’t eaten too much at all we gave him antibiotic at 4 and can’t get the anti-inflammatory till 10 tonight but we have to get some food in him! He had a small packet of the stuff you squeeze out he ate it off my finger, ughh 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    Not totally good he’s still running a temp really hasn’t eaten too much at all we gave him antibiotic at 4 and can’t get the anti-inflammatory till 10 tonight but we have to get some food in him! He had a small packet of the stuff you squeeze out he ate it off my finger, ughh 

awww hope he he feels better soon.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Poor baby. I’m sure his appetite is low. I know when I run a fever I don’t feel like eating either. I hope the meds kick in soon and he feels better. 
  • Options

awww hope he he feels better soon.
    GlowGirl said:
    Poor baby. I’m sure his appetite is low. I know when I run a fever I don’t feel like eating either. I hope the meds kick in soon and he feels better. 
    My daughter took over tonight got two packets of the treats they like into him and his temperature was 101 from 104 at 4pm also had to squirt water into his mouth, so now it’s off to sleep for everyone and let the med do its thing she was able to get the pill into him!!
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you, Jose… hoping for better news today. 
  • Options
    It seems like he’s doing better this morning! Temperature held at 101 through the night he ate some food and he has been drinking water on his own, he’s been meowing looking at me as if to say I’m good pops let me out but he’s not allowed out for another day! That’s the problem with in&out Cats you don’t know what they get into outside but when we adopted them it was from a cat lady that had them going in & out..
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    He’s only three so it’s like having a young little boy but I’ve never seen him so sick I was really worried yesterday! He’s not happy that his sister gets to go outside and he can’t but it’s best for him to just chill inside till we are sure he’s good to go 
  • Options
    It seems like he’s doing better this morning! Temperature held at 101 through the night he ate some food and he has been drinking water on his own, he’s been meowing looking at me as if to say I’m good pops let me out but he’s not allowed out for another day! That’s the problem with in&out Cats you don’t know what they get into outside but when we adopted them it was from a cat lady that had them going in & out..
    GlowGirl said:
    He’s only three so it’s like having a young little boy but I’ve never seen him so sick I was really worried yesterday! He’s not happy that his sister gets to go outside and he can’t but it’s best for him to just chill inside till we are sure he’s good to go 
    Starting to act normal / like his old self is a great sign. Happy to hear the good news, Jose... hoping for more as time goes on. 
  • Options
    So happy he is doing better. I hope he continued to improve throughout the day. I would definitely keep him in until he is recovered. My cats never go outside so they don't miss it. But I am sure he does.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    So happy he is doing better. I hope he continued to improve throughout the day. I would definitely keep him in until he is recovered. My cats never go outside so they don't miss it. But I am sure he does.

Yeah I’m keeping him in tomorrow he’s not going to like it! 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Yeah I’m keeping him in tomorrow he’s not going to like it! 
    The fact he is being feisty is a good sign. 
  • Options
    GG, let’s see some more pictures of Lukin. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    GG, let’s see some more pictures of Lukin. 

Got tons of them. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    Of course you do.  =)

looks like he’s settled right in. 
  • Options
    Of course you do.  =)

Yes. He has. Now if I can only stop him from waking me up at 6:00am with his crazy running all over the place - including all over my head. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Of course you do.  =)

Yes. He has. Now if I can only stop him from waking me up at 6:00am with his crazy running all over the place - including all over my head. 
    Good luck w/ that... the reversed has happened in our house... not only is Nuala still being a pain in the ass in the 4:00 hour, but Chains has regressed and is right there with her... that's not the only area where Chains has regressed... she thinks nothing about jumping up on the kitchen counter in the last 6 months; that was a habit we had broke her of pre Nuala. 

We're *hoping* that's just a behavioral thing what with the new cat in the last 12 months, and not her being overly hungry, which could be a symptom of something bigger... fingers crossed she's just being a brat,.
  • Options
    He’s resting comfortably had a good night! Usually he’s meowing like crazy if I don’t let him out but he really hasn’t it tell me he’s not a 100%, but he is way better than Monday 
  • Options
    He’s resting comfortably had a good night! Usually he’s meowing like crazy if I don’t let him out but he really hasn’t it tell me he’s not a 100%, but he is way better than Monday 
    That is great!! I am so glad he is doing better. Did they ever figure out what caused this?

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    That is great!! I am so glad he is doing better. Did they ever figure out what caused this?

No we had blood tests to rule out the serious causes those test were all negative but they labeled it high temperature of unknown origin he’s scheduled for our primary vet appointment this Friday! Thanks for asking 
  • Options

Nice choice of books to lay on. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Nice choice of books to lay on. 
    Ahh nice spot 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,920
    edited December 2023
    Annie just looooves snuggling under a throw rug on a cold evening...
    May be an image of cat

..and then snoozing with that sweet little snoring of hers:
    May be an image of cat

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

First I lure you in with my cuteness. Then I attack!!
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Annie just looooves snuggling under a throw rug on a cold evening...
    May be an image of cat

..and then snoozing with that sweet little snoring of hers:
    May be an image of cat

Can’t get any cozier than that! 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Orin wakes me up around 4-5 AM with soft bites to my hand as I pet him! He’s waking me for his snack time I can’t deny them she lets him wake me up and enjoys her snack too 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Orin wakes me up around 4-5 AM with soft bites to my hand as I pet him! He’s waking me for his snack time I can’t deny them she lets him wake me up and enjoys her snack too 
    I hope Orin is feeling better. Tristan used to wake me up at around 8:00am for food. Daisy doesn't wake me at all. When it was just me and her she waited until i got up. I didn't hear a peep out of her. Lukin had been waking me up at 6:00am. But today he didn't wake me until 7:30am - by crawling all over my head. I hope he takes a cue from Daisy as he gets older.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

I hope Orin is feeling better. Tristan used to wake me up at around 8:00am for food. Daisy doesn't wake me at all. When it was just me and her she waited until i got up. I didn't hear a peep out of her. Lukin had been waking me up at 6:00am. But today he didn't wake me until 7:30am - by crawling all over my head. I hope he takes a cue from Daisy as he gets older.

He’s great today let him out it was cold he didn’t venture far from our house he likes the warmth of the wood burning stove, they are both in for the night they really follow this schedule really well by 2:30-3 they are in. Kittens are the best such high energy literally climbing walls 
  • Options
    Glad to hear Orin is on the mend!