What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Birds of Prey.... I liked it
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Chopping Mall (1986)
    80's Mall,  teens, robots, death and boobies.

I just saw this for the first time last night in 35mm. Yeah that pretty much sums up this movie.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Ray (2004)
    Going my Way (1944)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I can’t seem to finish The Two Popes. It’s fascinating and the acting is superb. Go figure!

I WILL complete it.

At some point. 

Soon, I hope. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Tootise
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Doctor Sleep. I love The Shining so I had to check it out. Worth watching if you're into the first movie, but not essential viewing. It actually feels like two movies in one. It's part Shining sequel, and part weird Stephen King cult movie. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited February 2020
    John Wick Chapter 3 Parabellum 

Great if you like people getting shot in the head at point blank range, cause that shit happens at least 300 times. 
    Also great if you like unlimited ammo with very little reloading.  In one scene Halle Berry lets off about 35 shots from what looks like a pretty standard handgun, while her attack dogs bite plenty of bad guy crotch.  Is it supposed to be funny?
    The stabbings and rampant sword impaling should have created way more blood.

A few goddamned questions...
    Why are all these trained "assassins" such terrible shots? The Imperial Stormtroopers have a better hit rate, and they couldn't hit the side a barn in broad daylight.
    When there's more than two of these so-called assassins, why do they wait to engage until assassin one has been flipped and then killed in some bizarre Keanu martial art discipline.  Why doesn't assassin two shoot John Wick when he is busy doing some of this flipping?

I'm waiting on Bill and Ted.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2020
    6 Underground (Netflix)

It is extremely entertaining! Super fun action packed film loaded with really cool action sequences and special effects, and a solid storyline. I would watch it again - one of the best action flicks I have seen. NOT appropriate for children. Lots of profanity and off colour humour and violence.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (Coen Brothers)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    The Art of Self-Defense

a true dark comedy.  

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

I watched the trailer. Looks interesting. Any good?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Brittany Runs a Marathon (good)
    Game Over, Man! (oof)
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Joker 

Dumb.  Great lead acting role (great!) but everyone saying that was an amazing movie?
    We have a different view on what an amazing movie is 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Echo in the Canyon
    Yesterday

Finally got around to seeing this and loves it- watched it last night and again tonight.  It was a somewhat different scene in San Francisco and Northern California, so I always like getting more footage from Southern Cal.  It definitely makes me wish I'd spent more time down there back then, though I did some.

I also really like the younger artists carrying on the tradition of the music.  Nicely done, Jakob and company!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited February 2020
    Fantastic Fungi (2019)
    Interesting and well done documentary about mushrooms and fungi.
    A portion of the movie gives insight into current research about the medical uses for psylicibin. 
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Fantastic Fungi (2019)
    A portion of the mouse gives insight into current research about the medical uses for psylicibin. 
    Was it a dormouse?

Feed your head
    Feed your head
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Hobbes said:
    Fantastic Fungi (2019)
    A portion of the mouse gives insight into current research about the medical uses for psylicibin. 
    Was it a dormouse?

Feed your head
    Feed your head
    Titmouse
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2020
    JK_Livin said:

If you enjoyed Let the right one in (a vampire story painted with swedish social realism) then you get something similiar here. As in most of the authors books. 

But it wasn't the best movie ever. But worth a watch.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    JK_Livin said:

If you enjoyed Let the right one in (a vampire story painted with swedish social realism) then you get something similiar here. As in most of the authors books. 

So my wife loved the novel Let the Right One In but refused to watch the film because of how fucked up the novel is. I told her that the film is actually not too fucked up and even kind of sweet, but she still won't watch it.

I'm kind of the same way with American Psycho, except I didn't really love that novel (or anything really by that hack), and I definitely don't want to see scenes from it onscreen. I have, however, had everyone tell me that the film is great. While that could be true, I just don't see how any film with Christian Bale playing a lead role can be considered great.

Worst film in the franchise.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Joker 

Dumb.  Great lead acting role (great!) but everyone saying that was an amazing movie?

I'm with you a bit.

Was underwhelmed when I saw it in the theater, probably cause of all the hype. Phoenix was good for sure, but the overall film just seemed to be lacking something to me.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2020
    dankind said:
    JK_Livin said:

So my wife loved the novel Let the Right One In but refused to watch the film because of how fucked up the novel is. I told her that the film is actually not too fucked up and even kind of sweet, but she still won't watch it.

I'm kind of the same way with American Psycho, except I didn't really love that novel (or anything really by that hack), and I definitely don't want to see scenes from it onscreen. I have, however, had everyone tell me that the film is great. While that could be true, I just don't see how any film with Christian Bale playing a lead role can be considered great.

Worst film in the franchise.
    I've read the book (Låt den rätte komma in / Let the right one in) also, and it made me at the time really wish that the film was a miniseries instead. To fit all the subplots and give all the characters some space. But force her to watch the movie.

American psycho (the book) I read in 2004 but skipped the chapters about rats and heads in fridges. I never have any urge to rewatch the movie. But it is a great movie. 

Regarding A New Beginning, is it the worst in the franchise. It feels very much a paint by numbers sequel following the former one. You get teenagers getting killed. More naked girls. And with no real tension and with Tommy just being in his constant psychosis.

But Jason Takes Manhattan would still be worse, or as bad. And I don't like part 3. 

EDIT: Jason Goes to Hell is obviously the worst.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    JK_Livin said:

Definitely worth the watch but pretty bizarre.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    Gentlemen. Good one
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Been watching WW2 Doc on Netflix, restored in color

amazing how color makes it feel not so long ago

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Snowden. 

meh
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Joker 

it was ok. Heath Ledger would have been FANTASTIC in my view. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Jojo Rabbit. Absolute genius!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)