What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,676
    Violet Night (2022) I enjoyed it. Good action Christmas flick.

We watched it Christmas night. My wife liked it, and she normally doesn't like violent movies.
  • Would you travel to stockholm to get to see True Lies on 35mm?
    No but maybe I'd go to a theater to see The Abyss. It's the only Cameron movie I haven't seen, and it's not available on any streaming services, which is strange. So like a late-20th century neagrethal, I had to buy the DVD on eBay. But the DVD sucks. I went to try and watch it, and the picture didn't take up the entire screen. I'm not talking the black bars on the top and bottom for Widescreen, I mean it looked like a poorly uploaded YouTube video (a box within a box). It was so weird because the DVD menu was full-screen. Either way, I didn't watch it because that's not how it's supposed to be watched. For Christ's sake, it's a James Cameron underwater adventure movie that he put out between Aliens and T2. How is a watchable version not available?  
    Yeah. It's famously stuck as 4:3 letterbox. Don't know if some region ever got an anamorphic release. 

The Abyss and True Lies are waiting for James Camerons work on and approval of the new HD releases, and has been waiting for years. I

True Lies has trickled out on streaming though. At least here in Europe (D+).

Well the mystery is over....

https://x.com/JimCameron/status/1724102357779362038?s=20

Finally watched this. Just the theatrical cut, not the special edition. It was good. I was more impressed than entertained. After making this, making Titanic was probably a breeze for Cameron. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    tried to watch Maestro last night, was snooring about 20min in.....will try again, but might have same result.....wasnt feeling it
    No but maybe I'd go to a theater to see The Abyss. It's the only Cameron movie I haven't seen, and it's not available on any streaming services, which is strange. So like a late-20th century neagrethal, I had to buy the DVD on eBay. But the DVD sucks. I went to try and watch it, and the picture didn't take up the entire screen. I'm not talking the black bars on the top and bottom for Widescreen, I mean it looked like a poorly uploaded YouTube video (a box within a box). It was so weird because the DVD menu was full-screen. Either way, I didn't watch it because that's not how it's supposed to be watched. For Christ's sake, it's a James Cameron underwater adventure movie that he put out between Aliens and T2. How is a watchable version not available?  
    Yeah. It's famously stuck as 4:3 letterbox. Don't know if some region ever got an anamorphic release. 

The Abyss and True Lies are waiting for James Camerons work on and approval of the new HD releases, and has been waiting for years. I

Finally watched this. Just the theatrical cut, not the special edition. It was good. I was more impressed than entertained. After making this, making Titanic was probably a breeze for Cameron. 
    Saw this in the theater back in the day. It’s not a perfect movie, but for some reason I loved it. Ed Harris fan forever after this one.

Saw this in the theater back in the day. It’s not a perfect movie, but for some reason I loved it. Ed Harris fan forever after this one.
    He was great in this. All the actors were. And that's under possibly the hardest conditions actors ever faced. I read that the actress that plays Harris' ex-wife in the film hated the production, hated Cameron, and won't talk about the film to this day. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,138
    After spending two decades in England, Bill Bryson (Robert Redford) returns to the U.S., where he decides the best way to connect with his homeland is to hike the Appalachian Trail with one of his oldest friends, Stephen Katz (Nick Nolte).

Quite enjoyed this one. Didn’t know anything about it. My Father in law is passing on the book of the same name. 7.5/10

Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,055
    2018 - Lady Winsley -     - Who Killed Lady  Winsley - Qui a tu Lady Winsley -  -    -    - -
    Best Buy Ill Follow You Down DVD 2013
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,864
    edited December 2023
    I enjoyed this! Nick Cage is great in it.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    I enjoyed this! Nick Cage is great in it.

Ιn recent years he is great at everything he does!!..on my list!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Le Doulos 1962 - IMDb
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,465
    watched the entire Hunger Games movie series this week with my kids. Mockingjay double feature last night. Pretty good. Now for the prequel. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,453
    Classic.

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    Ferrari

good movie, Penelope Cruz was very good
  • goldrush said:
    Classic.

Fun one. Haven’t seen that in an age.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,138

Terminator 2. One of my all time faves! First movie I ever watched on DVD too. Mind blown! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Love it too. Huge fan. Inadvertently watched the special edition. So weird seeing some of the extra scenes. Don’t think it made it a better movie. Mostly dialogue between John and the T-800 where he’s teaching him to be human. Also the Michael Biehn scene and terminator surgery.
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,782

• The Burial
    I liked it.  Jamie Foxx was very good

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Amazoncom Lured 1947 Original US Six Sheet Movie Poster 79x80 LUCILLE  BALL GEORGE SANDERS CHARLES COBURN BORIS KARLOFF SIR CEDRIC HARDWICKE  JOSEPH CALLEIA ALAN MOBRAY AND GEORGE ZUCCO Film directed by DOUGLAS
    A Dragon Arrives 2016 - IMDb
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    Love it too. Huge fan. Inadvertently watched the special edition. So weird seeing some of the extra scenes. Don’t think it made it a better movie. Mostly dialogue between John and the T-800 where he’s teaching him to be human. Also the Michael Biehn scene and terminator surgery.
    It was mindblowing in 2001 when I for the first time saw NEW SCENES for MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME?!?!? I had not known about the SE-cut and didn't really think about deleted scenes and stuff before DVD came. 

This was the first DVD I ever bought, and got a region free DVD player for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX2JivwIeC0

But the theatrical cut is the one to see. All day everyday. I'm turning 40 this year, and my birthday gift to myself is to finally catch Terminator 2 on 35 (or 70)mm wherever it may play. So a trip somewhere (in Europe hopefully) if I catch news of it being shown, is my plan. Would mostly love to watch a swedish theatrical copy with vintage 1991 subtitles, but impossible to make that happen.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    edited January 2
    Re-watched Spielbergs Munich yesterday, and I don't know if it is even covered in the book it is based on (?) - but it's a bit off that the Lillehammer incident that ended the "mission" isn't covered, where Mossad went to Norway and shot an innocent married waiter.

Story-wise, I don't see how a writer wouldn't put it as the third act finale with them wanting to have Eric Banas character in the end "disillusioned" about what they had done? It's in line with going after the "main badguy" they keep referencing, because that's the guy Mossad went to Norway to kill. I wonder if it was included in any of the three original scripts written. But if it isn't in the book, it was logically never considered to be a part of the story. But still weird that bit is "completely" removed from the narrative.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,676
    We watched this last night. 
    Jerry  Marge Go Large - Wikipedia
    Love it too. Huge fan. Inadvertently watched the special edition. So weird seeing some of the extra scenes. Don’t think it made it a better movie. Mostly dialogue between John and the T-800 where he’s teaching him to be human. Also the Michael Biehn scene and terminator surgery.
    It was mindblowing in 2001 when I for the first time saw NEW SCENES for MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME?!?!? I had not known about the SE-cut and didn't really think about deleted scenes and stuff before DVD came. 

This was the first DVD I ever bought, and got a region free DVD player for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX2JivwIeC0

But the theatrical cut is the one to see. All day everyday. I'm turning 40 this year, and my birthday gift to myself is to finally catch Terminator 2 on 35 (or 70)mm wherever it may play. So a trip somewhere (in Europe hopefully) if I catch news of it being shown, is my plan. Would mostly love to watch a swedish theatrical copy with vintage 1991 subtitles, but impossible to make that happen.
    Totally agree about getting to see extra scenes in your favorite movie! Totally felt that way discovering the extra scenes for Aliens!

I’ll need to read the book for Munich. That movie is good. Crazy that Jason Statham shows up for like 30 seconds. That’s a great cast.
    We watched this last night. 
    Jerry  Marge Go Large - Wikipedia
    Still need to watch this. They filmed this in Georgia where my mom lives. I actually had to meet with their set location scouts as they wanted to use my mom’s house for Cranston and Benning’s home. They eventually went with the house across the street. Probably a good thing. It looked pretty invasive for about 2-3 weeks!

My sister caught a view of Cranston on the front porch late one night while they were filming.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,376
    Re-watched Spielbergs Munich yesterday, and I don't know if it is even covered in the book it is based on (?) - but it's a bit off that the Lillehammer incident that ended the "mission" isn't covered, where Mossad went to Norway and shot an innocent married waiter.

Story-wise, I don't see how a writer wouldn't put it as the third act finale with them wanting to have Eric Banas character in the end "disillusioned" about what they had done? It's in line with going after the "main badguy" they keep referencing, because that's the guy Mossad went to Norway to kill. I wonder if it was included in any of the three original scripts written. But if it isn't in the book, it was logically never considered to be a part of the story. But still weird that bit is "completely" removed from the narrative.

That is odd....great movie though
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

• PapPap Posts: 28,728
    Last Christmas (2019)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    Reality 2023 - IMDb
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.