Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    DM282158 said:
    Crazy how California is going on 7 years without a show. 
    Remarkable.  
  • Options
    DM282158 said:

It'll be 10+ for Ohio, excluding one show in Cincinnati which is practically Kentucky.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    DM282158 said:

It'll be 10+ for Ohio, excluding one show in Cincinnati which is practically Kentucky.
    No way. Only Kentucky people like to claim Cincinnati. Not the other way around. Once you cross that river, everything changes. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    Trying to say show in your state is not really in your state is a stretch.  Does anyone in Pittsburgh think that a Philly show is really a New Jersey show?
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Trying to say show in your state is not really in your state is a stretch.  Does anyone in Pittsburgh think that a Philly show is really a New Jersey show?
    That means they've only played 1 show in PA 2007 to 2019.  PA is overdue in that case  
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    That means they've only played 1 show in PA 2007 to 2019.  PA is overdue in that case  
    Crisis level!
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    This simplifies things and takes it out of context. Cincinnati is a river away from Kentucky and Philadelphia is a river away from New Jersey. 

Camden shows are Philly shows on some shirts and posters and the crowds are addressed as Philadelphia crowds. I'm not trying to argue one way or the other, but just provide context. 

• Options
    Sorry, I guess this is the quote I was commenting on to provide more context. Just speaking from the perspective of a person that lives a mile from another state that has another venue that PJ frequent... The venue may be in Jersey, but it's mostly a Philly crowd for sure. 
  • Options
    Sorry, I guess this is the quote I was commenting on to provide more context. Just speaking from the perspective of a person that lives a mile from another state that has another venue that PJ frequent... The venue may be in Jersey, but it's mostly a Philly crowd for sure. 
    I get that someone who lives in Camden, NJ feels that a Camden show is really a Philly show and not a New Jersey show.   Regardless, Camden is in New Jersey and thus it is a New Jersey show, and essentially a PA show too based on proximity to Philly. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    edited November 2019
    I get that someone who lives in Camden, NJ feels that a Camden show is really a Philly show and not a New Jersey show.   Regardless, Camden is in New Jersey and thus it is a New Jersey show, and essentially a PA show too based on proximity to Philly. 
    I agree with you... but as a Jersey resident, if Philly wants to claim Camden as its own then they can have it.   :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    on2legs said:
    I agree with you... but as a Jersey resident, if Philly wants to claim Camden as its own then they can have it.   :smiley:
    Image result for its true gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    In 2010, they announced two shows in NYC and one was TBA. The TBA show became available to 10C members who missed out on the NYC shows.

So yeah, there are those "geographic" exceptions/rules whatever you want to call them.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116

How about Long Island fans? Not counting the outer city boroughs our population here is double Philly.

Including the outer boroughs (physically connected) we have about 5 times the population of averaged sized cities like Philly.

And for us getting across any river is a quandary requiring sedatives.

And we will probably never get another show again after the Nassau Fiasco.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067

How about Long Island fans? Not counting the outer city boroughs our population here is double Philly.

Including the outer boroughs (physically connected) we have about 5 times the population of averaged sized cities like Philly.

That Nassau show was amazing. I've been to around a thousand concerts and haven't been anywhere near that uncomfortable before or since. They need to come back and exorcise the demons.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    We've taken to arguing geography and demographics. 

Rock n' roll, dude!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,372
    pjl44 said:

That Nassau show was amazing. I've been to around a thousand concerts and haven't been anywhere near that uncomfortable before or since. They need to come back and exorcise the demons.
    Same.I think thats what it feels like just before a riot.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Rock n' roll, dude!

Sorry man I dont intend on arguing. We all love this band but we all know they don't like to tour that much. And haven't exactly covered the map over the last decade in the US 

I'm really happy for our Euro fans for their embarrassment of riches compared to us getting full and solo tours. But were all just hoping against hope we get to see them again near our hometowns. And zero NA rumors is stunning right now.

On LI (origin of the "jam in PJ!") I realize that's very unlikely and most likely we will be very lucky to land a 4% draw to an MSG show. So be it. Time for a home equity loan.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    pjl44 said:

It was definitely spicy that night. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JimmyV said:

Rock n' roll, dude!

Sorry man I dont intend on arguing. We all love this band but we all know they don't like to tour that much. And haven't exactly covered the map over the last decade in the US 

I'm really happy for our Euro fans for their embarrassment of riches compared to us getting full and solo tours. But were all just hoping against hope we get to see them again near our hometowns. And zero NA rumors is stunning right now.

On LI (origin of the "jam in PJ!") I realize that's very unlikely and most likely we will be very lucky to land a 4% draw to an MSG show. So be it. Time for a home equity loan.

2010 (almost a decade ago) and 2013/2014. Add 2016 plus the 3-4 festivals in...2012.

But yeah, it's been either EV or PJ every year in Europe since...2009? 2008?
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I'd love something in MN again. Last was 2014, before that was 2003, as 2006 opening for Petty doesn't count. Before that was 1998. I suppose they figure we'll all just travel to Wrigley, which I have been, but not anymore. I've come to peace that if my last show was at Wrigley last year in the rain, then that was a pretty F'N epic night, even with a 5 am flight the next day. One hell of a way to go out.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    The U.S. is feast or famine.  The northeast feasts.  Chicago feasts. Seattle feasts.   The rest are content with one show every 7 years at best. 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Rock n' roll, dude!

2010 (almost a decade ago) and 2013/2014. Add 2016 plus the 3-4 festivals in...2012.

Was that NY?

IIRC NY had PJ shows in 2010, 2013 and 2016. Plus central park in 2015 they did about 12 songs? Do not recall anything in 2012 or 2014.

Based on population , NY is an under served market. But they all are in NA except Chi & Bos.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

Rock n' roll, dude!

Was that NY?

IIRC NY had PJ shows in 2010, 2013 and 2016. Plus central park in 2015 they did about 12 songs? Do not recall anything in 2012 or 2014.

Based on population , NY is an under served market. But they all are in NA except Chi & Bos.

And Philly. 
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    At least I can count on Mötley Crüe to tour next year in the US.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Rock n' roll, dude!

Was that NY?

Four USA shows (festivals) in 2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Jam_2012_Tour
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    C’mon folks let’s keep up with European thread they get over 100 new posts a day lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    C’mon folks let’s keep up with European thread they get over 100 new posts a day lol 
    Zero rumors. Unfortunately   Not much to talk about.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
    edited November 2019
    JimmyV said:

Rock n' roll, dude!

They were not here in 2008. That was the year of the  "Return of WMA and Who You Are" NA tour.

E U R O P E
    2000 Sweden
    2012 (Pearl Jam and Eddie) Sweden
    2014 Sweden
    2017 (Eddie)
    2019 (Eddie) 
    2020 Sweden
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Rock n' roll, dude!

They were not here in 2008. That was the year of the  "Return of WMA and Who You Are" NA tour.

E U R O P E
    2000 Sweden
    2014 Sweden
    2016 (Eddie)
    2019 (Eddie) 
    2020 Sweden
    I think Eddie was 17 not 16.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    kst said:
    JimmyV said:

Rock n' roll, dude!

E U R O P E
    2000 Sweden
    2014 Sweden
    2016 (Eddie)
    2019 (Eddie) 
    2020 Sweden
    I think Eddie was 17 not 16.
    True. 2017 Eddie in Berlin. 2016 Neil Young in Berlin.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"