Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    Seems like the spring 2016 rumors were already out there by around this time in 2015.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    Ironically was supposed to be a summer Europe tour in 2016 instead - ha. 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,808
    chiefnjk said:
    Seems like the spring 2016 rumors were already out there by around this time in 2015.
    Didn’t really start to hear about spring 2016 until early-mid December.   By Christmas week rumours were everywhere.  There is still time 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,853
    D-Rod said:
    chiefnjk said:
    Didn’t really start to hear about spring 2016 until early-mid December.   By Christmas week rumours were everywhere.  There is still time 
    We knew the majority of the 2016 dates in October 2015. 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    Trying to say show in your state is not really in your state is a stretch.  Does anyone in Pittsburgh think that a Philly show is really a New Jersey show?
    Sorry, I guess this is the quote I was commenting on to provide more context. Just speaking from the perspective of a person that lives a mile from another state that has another venue that PJ frequent... The venue may be in Jersey, but it's mostly a Philly crowd for sure. 
    I get that someone who lives in Camden, NJ feels that a Camden show is really a Philly show and not a New Jersey show.   Regardless, Camden is in New Jersey and thus it is a New Jersey show, and essentially a PA show too based on proximity to Philly. 
    I agree with you... but as a Jersey resident, if Philly wants to claim Camden as its own then they can have it.   :smiley:

• Options
    Camden NJ is actually a Philly Show for the Greater Philadelphia Market.  PJ last played there in 2006 and since then has played Philly Spectrum and Wells Fargo Arenas.
  • Options

Indeed. Apparently, they had everything all ready to go and then the attacks in Paris happened. The US rumors didn't appear until after, right?

Make of that what you will.

Still, it seems like almost every year for about the past 10, Europe has seen either PJ or EV. Heck, the one year, Eddie stayed and did a solo show or two after the band left.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    CANADA
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,785
    CANADA
    If they repeated the tour trek and maybe went east to west this time of 2005, I would be very supportive and get to shows in some other areas I've yet to get to there.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
    CANADA

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990

Indeed. Apparently, they had everything all ready to go and then the attacks in Paris happened. The US rumors didn't appear until after, right?

Still, it seems like almost every year for about the past 10, Europe has seen either PJ or EV. Heck, the one year, Eddie stayed and did a solo show or two after the band left.
    I remember being in Mexico City for the show in 2015 and everyone was talking about the Europe 2016 tour.  
  • Options
    CopperTom said:

I remember being in Mexico City for the show in 2015 and everyone was talking about the Europe 2016 tour.  

Yep.  2018 pretty much had the same cities that were rumored for 2016.
  • Options
    I may have missed it, but has anyone brought up Alpine Valley as a possibility? It’s back open. I also believe Mike has said it’s on his list of favorite venues to play.
  • Options
    I may have missed it, but has anyone brought up Alpine Valley as a possibility? It’s back open. I also believe Mike has said it’s on his list of favorite venues to play.
    There are no credible rumors for US shows in 2020.  I think we all would be shocked if they don't playin 2020 in the US but so far no cities have been rumored.    They'll never play Alpine Valley again as long as they can play Wrigley (that is my own two cents). 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,473
    Spicy. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    I think it’s been 3 years or more since I last posted in here. Jeepers!
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,808

Paris shooting took place on November 13th,  if this is true then US tour wasn’t decided until much later and announced in January.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,853
    edited November 2019
    D-Rod said:

Paris shooting took place on November 13th,  if this is true then US tour wasn’t decided until much later and announced in January.  
    There were strong NA rumors in mid October. 
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    There were NA and Europe rumours in late 2015 at the same time. Announcement was expected in December. It got pushed forward to January, Europe was dropped and some festival dates such as Bonnaroo were added.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    PB11041 said:
    CANADA
    If they repeated the tour trek and maybe went east to west this time of 2005, I would be very supportive and get to shows in some other areas I've yet to get to there.
    I agree it would be cool, but given the history of the last 14 years of less touring, and bigger venues.  I'm not sure we ever get that again :(   Even the 2011 tour lopped off Atlantic Canada :(
  • Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 920
    edited November 2019
    I don't want to put the idea in peoples heads that this is going to be an exact repeat of 2016, even though its been 4 years (holy shit) since then, but do we think they might play some shows in the US before Europe next year? I think thats how it was done in 2016, and before the announcements, the European rumors were stronger than the US rumors probably because its harder to get holds and prepare for Europe. 

The reason I say this is because Jazzfest in New Orleans lineup usually comes out at the end of December or early to late January at the latest. PJ played in 2016, and before that in 2010. I have a feeling they did so good in 2016, the talent buyer that booked them knows they are going to tour and would do anything to have PJ back at the fest. Jazzfest is usually held over 2 weekends, the last weekend of April, and the first weekend of May. There are manyyyy spring festivals around this time, not to mention Innings, as well as others Ed or the band have been apart of before. This is all pure speculation, but could we see mini US/Festival run in spring 2020, with a full European tour and a massive election based tour in the US/Canada in the fall??

Just thought i'd add some speculation instead of "PLAY MY CITY PLEASE :)
    Post edited by SandyRavage on
  • Options
    Unfortunately, the man in the know says No.
    2011: Vancouver
    2013: LA 1 & LA 2, Vancouver
    2018: Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
    2022: LA 1 & LA 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & Vancouver 2, Portland, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,163
    There are no credible rumors for US shows in 2020.  I think we all would be shocked if they don't playin 2020 in the US but so far no cities have been rumored.    They'll never play Alpine Valley again as long as they can play Wrigley (that is my own two cents). 
    Wasn't the rumor for the USA tour in the fall to coincide with the reelection?

Euro has all the rumors  now bc their tour is to start in about 6 months and the festivals are about to announce headliners?
  • Options

Euro has all the rumors  now bc their tour is to start in about 6 months and the festivals are about to announce headliners?

I was just saying that there hasn't been anything solid claimed for the USA for 2020.  At least that I have read. 
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630

Yeah, my guess is they go out in the Fall for the reelection.  Hit some swing states.  
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Noload said:

Yeah, my guess is they go out in the Fall for the reelection.  Hit some swing states.  
    This is an honest question that the response above made me think of. 

Does anyone still believe a rock band can still go out and start a movement for political change in the United States? 

It seems to me that with the over saturation of news and/or propaganda that is spread through TV, social media, and other outlets, a band like Pearl Jam is preaching to the choir. Not saying their whole base is one way or another but saying most people have their minds made up and no amount of shows are going to change that. But I’m a huge pessimist and don’t live in a swing state so I just want a tour with shows I can drive to. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,357
    Noload said:

Does anyone still believe a rock band can still go out and start a movement for political change in the United States? 

It seems to me that with the over saturation of news and/or propaganda that is spread through TV, social media, and other outlets, a band like Pearl Jam is preaching to the choir. Not saying their whole base is one way or another but saying most people have their minds made up and no amount of shows are going to change that. But I’m a huge pessimist and don’t live in a swing state so I just want a tour with shows I can drive to. 
    I think I'm in full agreement/understanding about what you are saying. I love PJ and rock music but it's no longer 1994 (or 2004) and that ship has probably sailed - for both the band and many (not all) fans.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited November 2019

Two shows at Alpine Valley and two at Wrigley would do great things for ticket availability, especially if they limited tickets like "max one show per venue."
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    rummy said:
    Noload said:

I think I'm in full agreement/understanding about what you are saying. I love PJ and rock music but it's no longer 1994 (or 2004) and that ship has probably sailed - for both the band and many (not all) fans.
    Just to take the other side for the sake of argument, there might be a small percentage of people who are influenced either to vote at all or to vote a certain way based on what they hear at a concert.  It’s probably not many people given what the OP has stated, but in places where the vote is really close, a few hundred people here and there could make a difference.  Ed’s passion about certain issues is impactful to an extent. And even if it doesn’t actually have an impact, the band may take the approach that it’s worth a shot, particularly if they are inclined to do a few shows anyway.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,129
    Noload said:

The issue is that they misunderstand the problem nowadays. It's not the 60s where people believed in their institutions and needed to take a skeptical look. For a variety of reasons, people are super aware but they're also super entrenched.

Getting the hyper politicized to calm down and figure out how to work together is the challenge now. Unfortunately, a lot of artists find themselves in that very bucket so they're more apt to make things worse. Screaming about a guy that 60-70% of the country disapproves of is not radical action.