Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    Just hoping to get to one of their shows- w/ a grandkid who's interested also-so I'm gettin' old here ... Like 'em Live 
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,496
    No inside info but this is shaping up for 6 stadium shows again after Europe. I bet album is a year away still with album tour in 2021

Hope I’m wrong 
  • Options
     Europe's happy- hoping USA dates soon
  • Options
    No inside info but this is shaping up for 6 stadium shows again after Europe. I bet album is a year away still with album tour in 2021

Hope I’m wrong 

Hope I’m wrong 
    What basis do you have to post this? Why even waste your time typing this if you have no knowledge of anything. I don’t understand ur logic here. 
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,496

Hope I’m wrong 

Hope I’m wrong 
    What basis do you have to post this? Why even waste your time typing this if you have no knowledge of anything. I don’t understand ur logic here. 
    Pretty sure I started with no basis just my feeling
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Finally an announcement. Gotta believe we will hear about U.S. fall dates in the spring.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    13 European shows? That’s like a warm up for most bands and they can’t announce any shows for North America yet? This band/management is a joke! Most bands announce the whole tour at once not this band it’s absurd ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    I'm disappointed in Europe getting tours in 2018 & 2020 with only stadium shows in the US in between.  Was fortunate enough to make Rome in 2018 with the family (based our vacation around it) and Wrigley.  So I'm spoiled more than most.  Was in europe last year again for vacation as my wife had work over there for months anyhow.  Was hoping to swing it this year to see a show or 2...but not going to be able ot make it work.  My daughter (12) has been asking me since Rome to take her to another Pearl Jam show...maybe this fall?  I sure hope so before she loses interest ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    kaikaikaikai Posts: 55
    JimmyV said:
    Finally an announcement. Gotta believe we will hear about U.S. fall dates in the spring.
    Is that speculation (US in the spring) based off the way previous tours went? This will be my first year actually in 10c. I’m learning all of this as I go. I’m super concerned about getting the actual time off from work. I was hoping to know sooner rather than later but it doesn’t seem like that will be in the cards...
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    kaikai said:
    JimmyV said:
    Is that speculation (US in the spring) based off the way previous tours went? This will be my first year actually in 10c. I’m learning all of this as I go. I’m super concerned about getting the actual time off from work. I was hoping to know sooner rather than later but it doesn’t seem like that will be in the cards...

The semi official rumor was USA dates in the fall closer to the reelection .
  • Options

Hope I’m wrong 

Hope I’m wrong 

Since they are targeting the US in the fall, that seems highly unlikely, but...

If so how depressing for a band that's barely a band touring again without new music, this time before that forthcoming album and having the same exact setup as 2 years ago (the only arena shows overseas and limited stadiums in USA)

If their only east coast date is obstructed view Fenway again (cant imagine they are that much out of ideas) its gonna be a long hard look at a pass. 

Huge bummer for a fan wanting to see them as much as possible before the last bow as we near 60.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    kaikai said:
    JimmyV said:

Re-election my you are so confident! You just touched the $$$ lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    kaikai said:
    JimmyV said:

Couldn't resist ;)

Dont worry, I got the sedatives ready if that happens. 
  • Options
    kaikaikaikai Posts: 55

Couldn't resist ;)

Dont worry, I got the sedatives ready if that happens. 
    Sharing is caring. ;)
    Thanks for the response earlier. I may be bugging you guys a lot as this goes on. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,777
    edited December 2019
    Guessing if they do any US festival, they have to hold out on tour news until that’s been announced.
    Wouldn’t be surprised if they did a Lolla show for the Chicago/Midwest stop this year and a mini tour on the coast(s), hoping for more than that.
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 433
    Really need some US arenas. Earliest it could happen will still be 4+ years.

Lolla in Chicago is an absolute shitstorm these days. Feel bad for anyone over 19 who attempts to go to that. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    I was lucky enough to get three shows in Europe and three US shows last year, so I can hardly complain, but Europe is not in the cards for me in 2020, which bums me out. Holding out for North American shows. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    kaikai said:
    JimmyV said:
    Speculation, wishful thinking, and an educated guess based on how they have announced tours in the past.

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,773
    I will never understand why this band gave up on the US summer sheds, there are so many great outdoor venues and they have just flipped the bird at the idea for going on 15+ years for most.

Regardless, if they are asking $250-$300 a pair for tickets, I hope they are not only playing baseball parks, it is getting to be a cliche. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,412
    I'm disappointed in Europe getting tours in 2018 & 2020 with only stadium shows in the US in between.  Was fortunate enough to make Rome in 2018 with the family (based our vacation around it) and Wrigley.  So I'm spoiled more than most.  Was in europe last year again for vacation as my wife had work over there for months anyhow.  Was hoping to swing it this year to see a show or 2...but not going to be able ot make it work.  My daughter (12) has been asking me since Rome to take her to another Pearl Jam show...maybe this fall?  I sure hope so before she loses interest ;)
    Yes, you are spoiled and why are you slapping others in the face with it? Disappointed after you went to Rome and Wrigley? And an entitiled 12 year old who has ALREADY seen the band in Rome? Geez...you're whining about PJ not announcing shows YOU can go to? 
    So much entitlement on the forum for sure...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    13 European shows? That’s like a warm up for most bands and they can’t announce any shows for North America yet? This band/management is a joke! Most bands announce the whole tour at once not this band it’s absurd ..
    Has been a frustration for a long time with this band.  Never can see the whole picture.

i agree 13 shows is about the minimum to call something a tour.  Don’t really expect more though.

Doesn’t really bother me though as I can’t see even 13 shows.  
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    This can't be all there is to Dimi's "minds will be blown" comment.  A 13 date Euro tour with some different cities?  C'mon

Just have to be patient for some US info. Hopefully Dec/Jan will provide some updates. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    13 dates is pretty weak.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    P-J WILL PLAY USA BEFORE ELECTIONS..MORE DETAILS WHEN KNOW MORE  ..
    CHEERS AND SEE SOME OF U IN EUROPE NEXT SUMMER.

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    edited December 2019
    Deleted. Please see the Posting Guidelines.
    Post edited by Sea on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Yes to all of this.

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,980

Sweet!! Excited about some US shows!!  Have fun in Europe!  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options

That will be a hell of a tour. Drinks on me when they come to Montreal. Canada will be a great warm-up tour before hitting the States. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649

How about new album news?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    JimmyV said:

Yes to all of this.
    They can announce a US tour for September/October in July or even August next year with no issues.  Hopefully they don't wait that long, but I think its going to be a while. Late Spring at the earliest would be my guess for North American dates to be announced. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...