2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,936

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,773
    edited November 2019
    demetrios said:

I will get that outfit and where wear (online spelling imbecile here) it nightly to at least 3 shows if they play dates in canada.  
    Post edited by PB11041 on
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    Montreal on a weekend would be driveable and impossible to say no to.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    They sold April 2016 eastern NA in January 2016.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Montreal on a weekend would be driveable and impossible to say no to.
    Same. 
  • Options
    Please no baseball stadiums! 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    kst said:
    They sold April 2016 eastern NA in January 2016.
    And May 2010 in March.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Looks like the band followed  SNL on twitter. I'm getting 2006 tour vibes. 

1. Show on TV in the states
    2. Euro Tour
    3. US tour 
  • Options

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    Agreed
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,773
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agreed
    hopefully they at minimum do a mix that leans away from the baseball stadium.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Stadium shows are better than no shows.
  • Options
    CopperTom said:

Indeed. People will buy those tickets, lessening demand for other shows.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    In these crazy times we are living in. Isn’t it almost a safety hazard for Pearl Jam or any other anti-trump band to stage concerts anywhere? If they came to California I would still go, but that’s because I don’t live in fear. But the crazies love to cause mass casualties and a majority (not all) of Trump’s supporters are fucking crazy. The safety of all the fans has to weigh heavy on the band and it’s management. It’s a sad state of affairs that we live in a time where a great rock concert is such a fragile place. When I went to U2 a couple years ago in Santa Clara they had cops on platforms pointing machine guns at the crowd coming into the stadium. It was like a war zone. Crazy stuff.   

Then: 

"For the first time my life seems like an exciting year to vote. There's actually couple tables...take advantage of the access out there. We  certainly aren't gonna tell you who to vote for...Ralph Nader "

Possibly now:

"We would love to rally with you for change we enthusiastically believe in, but it sucks living in a police state with crazy people shooting their AR15s at us."

How times have changed in 19 years.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,313
    CopperTom said:
    That might be true but I’ll pass on any stadium shows.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    nm219369nm219369 Posts: 204
    Depends how much they actually want to still tour, a stadium show probably is the equivalent of 4-5 shows in terms of ticket sales and merchandise sales. Possibly even more with the added days for Merchandise. 
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    ComeToTX said:
    Seriously. I go to 50+ shows a year and plenty (most) of those bands hate our President. I’ve never felt unsafe. 
    Lol! Same here.
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,002
    bgirl59 said:
    VOLARE said:
    JBC7913 said:
    I got it from my friends, sister’s Uncle Sam, that his cousin’s pastor knows someone who will remain anonymous within his congregation(for obvious reasons) that his wife’s boss got told there will be shows somewhere on planet earth in 2020. Don’t shoot the messenger, just what I was told! 
    I read on Alternative Nation that on the Pearl Jam 10Club site in the forum section on a tour rumor thread that people were speculating the band would tour in 2020 and that one member confirmed it.
    :lol: :lol
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    nm219369 said:
    Depends how much they actually want to still tour, a stadium show probably is the equivalent of 4-5 shows in terms of ticket sales and merchandise sales. Possibly even more with the added days for Merchandise. 

Another possibility just charge what other bands do for prime seats at arena shows. And sell merch.
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    CopperTom said:
    That might be true but I’ll pass on any stadium shows.
    Same here. Been there, done that. 5 times, actually. That's plenty for me.
  • Options
    Announcing a few 2020 USA & Canada Pearl Jam dates soon would make a wonderful Christmas gift.
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,059
    demetrios said:
    Announcing a few 2020 USA & Canada Pearl Jam dates soon would make a wonderful Christmas gift.
    Or blow your Christmas budget. 😁
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    hihobibo said:
    demetrios said:
    Hate to admit this, but PJ's lack of touring has made me less excited about seeing them live. If you asked me three years ago, I'd have said I'll see four next tour and travel for them. Since last year though, I've decided that if they play in a place I want to visit, or in Toronto, I'm in, and just for one show. I don't really care enough anymore to see them more than that.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    hihobibo said:
    demetrios said:
    Hate to admit this, but PJ's lack of touring has made me less excited about seeing them live. If you asked me three years ago, I'd have said I'll see four next tour and travel for them. Since last year though, I've decided that if they play in a place I want to visit, or in Toronto, I'm in, and just for one show. I don't really care enough anymore to see them more than that.
    That, and also seeing a couple of Tool shows. Spiraling out in their aura. 

But PJ will add a couple dates within a few hundred miles of my small town and 60 million in population and I'll get the bug to find tickets. With so many fans around here good luck.

With so few NE dates in the last 4 years the "2016 msg ticket clusterf*ck" will feel like a warm summer's picnic.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,249
    I'd prefer arena shows, but I can't seen myself skipping shows if the played Stadiums in my two closest markets (Vancouver/Seattle).    I suppose the interesting question would be what do I do if Seattle got a stadium show but Vancouver got an arena show (this happens often because of the different sizes of the markets).  Definitely go to Vancouver... would that be enough to satiate my appetite.   I've never really just got to one of the two cities.  I usually do both if there's shows in both.
  • Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 779
    edited November 2019
    demetrios said:
    Is this a wish or a hint?
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Australia better be added to that list or there will be hell to pay I tell ya.  A November 2020 Australia tour will do just nicely.  
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    Getting old here. Looking to do 4 shows and wife wants to go to Canada. 
    This is Not For You