The National Football League

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    DewieCox said:
    You guys hate the color rush unis that much? The bad ones are really bad but I’d be fine if they became the Colts primary darks.
    The Colts color rush is such a slight variant that most casual observers wont probably even notice.  The most drastic alternate I can remember is when they went with the dark blue helmets with the horse shoes on the back ... but they kinda looked New York Giants old timey.  
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Vinny just missed another PAT.  :|
  • Kyle Rudolph doing his best OBJ.  Hell of a catch.

Dolphins and Fitzmagic win again.

Jets beat the Giants?  NY football is THE worst I've seen in years...  The Jets I expect but the decline of the mighty Giants is baaaaaaad.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Haven't been mighty for a spell, but yes...it is bad.

That was a badass catch!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    My Steelers are 5-4. given the circumstances at the start of the year. thats pretty fucking good.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Some awful placekicking throughout the league yesterday
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    edited November 2019
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Now this is a football game
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Now this is a football game
    Great game. Overtime rules suck.  Always good to see Richard Sherman lose
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    San Francisco should have run the ball at least once there.
    I miss igotid88
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    igotid88 said:
    San Francisco should have run the ball at least once there.
    Yes or throw an easy reception.  Didn’t like the third down blitz either. You can’t let Wilson scramble there
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Also didn't Geno Smith call tails? But the ref said "heads"
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Good game.
    Jimmy G looked pretty bad but once Sanders went out he was left with Deebo and then pretty much trash to throw to.
    Seattle played great D.
    Glad it didn't end in a tie, although I wanted 49ers to win.
  • Good game.
    Jimmy G looked pretty bad but once Sanders went out he was left with Deebo and then pretty much trash to throw to.
    Seattle played great D.
    I had mentioned about Jimmy G and his stats and how the hell they keep on winning?  Someone mentioned that the defense was great.  I don't see him as an elite qb but maybe because he has zero to work with though?  Besides Kittle whom didn't play, he doesn't have a "go to" guy and I expect more out of Sanders.

igotid88 said:
    Also didn't Geno Smith call tails? But the ref said "heads"
    DON'T QUESTION GENO SMITH.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Good game.
    Seattle played great D.
    I had mentioned about Jimmy G and his stats and how the hell they keep on winning?  Someone mentioned that the defense was great.  I don't see him as an elite qb but maybe because he has zero to work with though?  Besides Kittle whom didn't play, he doesn't have a "go to" guy and I expect more out of Sanders.

They've been doing it old school with defense and the running game.  Not very impressed by Jimmy G last night but like F Me said he didn't have many options once Sanders went out.  That was a wild game.
    edited November 2019
    Good game.
    Seattle played great D.

They've been doing it old school with defense and the running game.  Not very impressed by Jimmy G last night but like F Me said he didn't have many options once Sanders went out.  That was a wild game.
    Old school. Love it. 

Jim G has been pretty good for the whole season though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Good game.
    Seattle played great D.

Seattle had some great pressure going and they were stacking the box.  Those make it tough for a QB w/very limited weapons in the passing game.  I still am high on Jimmy but expected much more out of the SF line.
    The WRs they put out there beyond Deebo were absolute trash.  Dumpster fire type of shit.  Pettis and Bourne should be taxi squad players, at best.  I feel that if Sanders stays in they win.  I feel like with Kittle and Sanders in there they control the game. 
    Injuries are part of things, however.  They lost their starting Center the same game they welcomed 3 important players back.  The NFL is a tough league!

How they are going to handle most teams is that ridiculous pressure.  Wilson is a frigging magician and very few QBs are going to make the series of plays he made in that game when the Hawks needed it.  I am a big Niners fan but have to take the proverbial cap off to Wilson.  He was brilliant against what is one of the best defenses in the NFL.

I am not down on the kicker.  Dude nailed a 47 yarder at the end of the game to send it to OT.  He didn't go 4-4 with the 47 yarder in OT to win...but c'mon, guy was not working in the NFL last week.  Gotta figure there is a reason for that.
    Thought he performed pretty damn well. 

Was a fun game, I never thought we were coming back once we have them that 3rd TD.

• Good game.
    Seattle played great D.

Old school. Love it. 

I wouldn't call 15 TD's to 9 INT as good, but , ok?
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Jimmy G looked like Rivers, could have had 5 picks if Seattle remembered to catch the ball. If the run game isn't dominating, Jimmy G just a system guy with the RPO's. That being said, they can still win big with that D and 3 pretty good running backs.  
    Jimmy GQ definitely had happy feet in the pocket much of the game last night. Booger made not of it late in the game that he looked unsettled. Pressure will do that to most QB's. He's a good QB, not (yet at least) a great QB.
  • Poncier said:
    Jimmy GQ definitely had happy feet in the pocket much of the game last night. Booger made not of it late in the game that he looked unsettled. Pressure will do that to most QB's. He's a good QB, not (yet at least) a great QB.
    Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl, right?
    Good game.
    Seattle played great D.

Old school. Love it. 

14th in qb rating, 12th in QBR, 9th in completion percent......I said "pretty good", which I think is accurate given his lack of offensive weapons.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:
    He is most definitely better than Trent Dilfer. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Poncier said:
    He is.  Low lying fruit, my bad...
    Good game.
    Seattle played great D.

Old school. Love it. 

14th in qb rating, 12th in QBR, 9th in completion percent......I said "pretty good", which I think is accurate given his lack of offensive weapons.
    I was curious about this.  He is just above Brady in QBR.

Food for thought too, Fitzmagic has a better QBR but less of a Passer rating so I wouldn't put too much stock in those stats.

Desert for thought.  Sam Bradford IMO, is/was having a great year.  Finally has a line or just finally putting it together, coaching, other?
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    That was a really entertaining game.  Just when I thought Seattle was going to pull away at 21-10, the 49er defense gets a score.  Glad I made the time to watch it.  Great to see these two teams good at the same time again.  Really fun rivalry to watch.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    edited November 2019

Good game.
    Seattle played great D.

Old school. Love it. 

I was curious about this.  He is just above Brady in QBR.

Food for thought too, Fitzmagic has a better QBR but less of a Passer rating so I wouldn't put too much stock in those stats.

Desert for thought.  Sam Bradford IMO, is/was having a great year.  Finally has a line or just finally putting it together, coaching, other?
    Well that's because Tom Brady is 42 years old and not the same qb he was just a few years ago when his rating was usually around or over 100% year in, year out.

QBR is newer and maybe not as reliable as the old school passer rating. But I don't see how you can take a stat like passer rating that's been around forever and say you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Go look at the top ten qb's here and tell me they're not all objectively in or around the top ten in the league this year. Then do the same thing for every other year the NFL has existed and it's all pretty much the best qb's 

Rating

Russell WilsonSEA

Patrick MahomesKC

Kirk CousinsMIN

Deshaun WatsonHOU

Matthew StaffordDET

Derek CarrOAK

Aaron RodgersGB

Dak PrescottDAL

Lamar JacksonBAL

Drew BreesNO

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited November 2019
    Poncier said:
    Good game.
    Seattle played great D.

Old school. Love it. 

????

Bradford is out of the league, last played on 9/23/18.
    Between this and Jimmy Butler playing for the Clippers last year, you might want to see a neurologist.
    Post edited by Poncier on
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495

Russell WilsonSEA

Patrick MahomesKC

Kirk CousinsMIN - Not.

Deshaun WatsonHOU

Matthew StaffordDET - Borderline.

Derek CarrOAK - Not.

Aaron RodgersGB

Dak PrescottDAL - Not.

Lamar JacksonBAL

Drew BreesNO

I think the old "158.3" rating is confusing and prefer the QBR metric.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Good game.
    Seattle played great D.

Old school. Love it. 

????

Bradford is out of the league, last played on 9/23/18.
    Between this and Jimmy Butler playing for the Clippers last year, you might want to see a neurologist.
    OMG another brain fart...  Matt stafford...   Too much going on in the brain for some reason.  I think I need a vacation...