The National Football League

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,402
    Vrabel canned...wasn't expecting that

That's wild.  I'd take him as Bears coach in a heartbeat.  These owners just love firing coaches.  
    Would love him in Columbus where he belongs. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,131
    Ravens and 9ers.
    I really want run and shoot fooseball not a defensive stalemate.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,073
    Is Aaron Rodgers the most self absorbed asshole in the NFL? The evidence is mounting...

Aaron Rodgers seems completely fed up with the problems he is causing the Jets

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/aaron-rodgers-new-york-jets-press-conference-distractions
  • Yes 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Yes 
    I didn't see much from yesterday's McAfee show, but I did see a clip of Rodgers defending his own intelligence, and it was pretty comical. 

He just doesn't know when to stfu and it's wildly entertaining. 
    Is Aaron Rodgers the most self absorbed asshole in the NFL? The evidence is mounting...

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/aaron-rodgers-new-york-jets-press-conference-distractions
    This cracks me up because other people MAKE him a story, lol.

If you don't like it dont you do it too.  I think that s the line from a band we like?

Stop reporting on it and no one will care but apparently people do.

Rodgers does want to have his cake and eat it too though, I see that for sure.
    edited January 10

If you don't like it dont you do it too.  I think that s the line from a band we like?

Blaming others for Aaron Rodgers inability to stfu or insatiable need for attention is weak. No one forces him to go on McAfee's show and display his own stupidity to the world. He does that on his own. 

He's his own worse enemy. 
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,616
    Vrabel is so underrated.  That franchise made a mistake in blowing all of that money on Derrick Henry and not trying to balance out the skill positions more or getting a better QB than Tannehill.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Aaron Rodgers has miraculously become even more annoying since he stopped doing those annoying, State Farm commercials.

Fuck that guy. Hard to believe I was a relatively big fan of his just a few years ago. 

www.myspace.com
  • Is Aaron Rodgers the most self absorbed asshole in the NFL? The evidence is mounting...

Blaming others for Aaron Rodgers inability to stfu or insatiable need for attention is weak. No one forces him to go on McAfee's show and display his own stupidity to the world. He does that on his own. 

He gets paid to go on there....rich as he is, this still enables him.
    Fuck that guy, if I never heard him speak again it would be too soon.
    Overrated as fuck, also.  Look at his record in big games.  (Beyond all of the dumb shit he has been saying/doing for years.)
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    this all started when he was waiting on draft night, you could see his mind breaking apart.....the funniest part is he THINKS hes interesting, hes not..
    edited January 10

He gets paid to go on there....rich as he is, this still enables him.
    Fuck that guy, if I never heard him speak again it would be too soon.
    Overrated as fuck, also.  Look at his record in big games.  (Beyond all of the dumb shit he has been saying/doing for years.)
    It's still his choice to go on that show every week and run his mouth... Rodgers always has the option to STFU, he just chooses not to. 

I'm not really a fan of Kimmel, but he hit the nail on the head when he said Aaron's too ignorant to know how dumb he is. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    Is Aaron Rodgers the most self absorbed asshole in the NFL? 
    Not sure I'd limit it to just the NFL.
    This weekend we rock Portland

CROJAM95 said:
    this all started when he was waiting on draft night, you could see his mind breaking apart.....the funniest part is he THINKS hes interesting, hes not..
    He must be interesting because everyone keeps talking about him?

Also overrated?  4 MVPs is not overrated...

I googled Mcafee and still have zero idea who he is.  I don't watch much WWE so wouldn't have known him from there.  How the heck did he become the guy to turn into?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    4 REGULAR SEASON MVP’s.

kershaw in the postseason.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

CROJAM95 said:

One could certainly make the argument he's overrated when looking at his numerous playoff failures, he's lost 4 straight times now when reaching the NFC Championship games. Remember he lost his playoff opener twice (2011 & 2021) as the 1 seed including when they were 15-1 in 2011.
    So, he may not be overrated in the regular season, but come playoff time, he's pretty close to a bust.
    4 time MVP who has only been to 1 Superb Owl.

CROJAM95 said:

I googled Mcafee and still have zero idea who he is.  I don't watch much WWE so wouldn't have known him from there.  How the heck did he become the guy to turn into?
    Then why are you talking about this so much?
    www.myspace.com

CROJAM95 said:

I googled Mcafee and still have zero idea who he is.  I don't watch much WWE so wouldn't have known him from there.  How the heck did he become the guy to turn into
    Yeah, THAT'S why people are talking about him, because he's just so gosh darn interesting. Good call. 

I'm also unclear on what your lack of awareness about McAfee means or what the WWE has to do with anything. I can't help but think you might be using google wrong.  
  • Poncier said:

CROJAM95 said:

One could certainly make the argument he's overrated when looking at his numerous playoff failures, he's lost 4 straight times now when reaching the NFC Championship games. Remember he lost his playoff opener twice (2011 & 2021) as the 1 seed including when they were 15-1 in 2011.
    So, he may not be overrated in the regular season, but come playoff time, he's pretty close to a bust.
    Xactly correct.
    2 games under .500 in the playoffs since he won the bowl.  Winning one playoff game most years makes you Dak not Montana.
    Regular season stats are great but they don't make someone one of the best all time QBs, in my book.
    It would be different, I guess, if his teams were awful.  He played on a bunch of good teams and only got er done 1x.  
    Overrated.

CROJAM95 said:

It's a good question. 
  • Also....doing Olivia Munn the way he did can never be redeemed.  It takes an all world asshole to do that.
    Poncier said:

CROJAM95 said:

Xactly correct.
    2 games under .500 in the playoffs since he won the bowl.  Winning one playoff game most years makes you Dak not Montana.
    Regular season stats are great but they don't make someone one of the best all time QBs, in my book.
    It would be different, I guess, if his teams were awful.  He played on a bunch of good teams and only got er done 1x.  
    Overrated.
    A lot of these playoff losses over the last decade are as a home favorite too
    www.myspace.com
  • Poncier said:

CROJAM95 said:

Xactly correct.
    Overrated.
    The place where visiting team almost always were at a huge disadvantage....good point.
    Poncier said:

CROJAM95 said:

Xactly correct.
    Overrated.
    Poncier said:

CROJAM95 said:

Xactly correct.
    Overrated.
    The place where visiting team almost always were at a huge disadvantage....good point.
    Brett Favre was 8-3 in playoffs at Lambeau.
    Wroggers was 5-4.

CROJAM95 said:

Im talking about Rodgers, I was curious to who McAfee was...

Great point!

CROJAM95 said:

I googled Mcafee and still have zero idea who he is.  I don't watch much WWE so wouldn't have known him from there.  How the heck did he become the guy to turn into
    Yeah, THAT'S why people are talking about him, because he's just so gosh darn interesting. Good call. 

I'm also unclear on what your lack of awareness about McAfee means or what the WWE has to do with anything. I can't help but think you might be using google wrong.  
    Google Pat Mcafee...
    Patrick Justin McAfee is an American sports analyst, professional wrestling color commentator, professional wrestler, former football punter, and kickoff specialist. McAfee is an analyst on ESPN's College GameDay, a television program covering college football. He also hosts The Pat McAfee Show live on YouTube

I know hes on ESPN, I just wasn't sure how he got to where he is.  I've never watched his show.  Actually only heard about it on here.

CROJAM95 said:

It's a good question. 
    Answered!

CROJAM95 said:

Google Pat Mcafee...
    Patrick Justin McAfee is an American sports analyst, professional wrestling color commentator, professional wrestler, former football punter, and kickoff specialist. McAfee is an analyst on ESPN's College GameDay, a television program covering college football. He also hosts The Pat McAfee Show live on YouTube

I know hes on ESPN, I just wasn't sure how he got to where he is.  I've never watched his show.  Actually only heard about it on here.
    Hey, we both learned something today. I had no idea about the WWE connection. That might explain his obsession w/ tank tops. 

CROJAM95 said:

Google Pat Mcafee...

Hey, we both learned something today. I had no idea about the WWE connection. That might explain his obsession w/ tank tops. 
    I seriously see snippetts of his show and it's always w Rodgers.  Dude was a kicker?  Again I still don't know how he became a thing.  I can't find that on google.
    edited January 10

CROJAM95 said:

Google Pat Mcafee...

I seriously see snippetts of his show and it's always w Rodgers.  Dude was a kicker?  Again I still don't know how he became a thing.  I can't find that on google.
    I think he was a kicker with the Colts, and IIRC he got a show w/ Barstool Sports after his playing career which took off from there. & while we're on he subject, I don't think it's any small coincidence that Rodgers found a safe space on a show geared towards the Barstool demographic.