The National Football League

Comments

• Wobbie said:
    my first thought about fins/chiefs is that andy reid weighs about two mike mcdaniels.
    Shit Mahomes probably weighs 1.5 McDaniels.
    Reid is three mcdaniels!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,358
    Wobbie said:
    my first thought about fins/chiefs is that andy reid weighs about two mike mcdaniels.
    Only two?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    KC on Peacock exclusively and I don’t have Peacock here in Wisconsin.  Looks like I’ll be a temporary subscriber.
    I hope the ratings for this game are at Blutarski levels (even though I have access to Peacock), and the streaming exclusive playoff games thing dies a quick and decisive death.
    Playoff games should be easily accessible to all.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    Poncier said:
    KC on Peacock exclusively and I don’t have Peacock here in Wisconsin.  Looks like I’ll be a temporary subscriber.
    I hope the ratings for this game are at Blutarski levels (even though I have access to Peacock), and the streaming exclusive playoff games thing dies a quick and decisive death.
    all about money, I’m sure.

josh allen is the modern day brett favre….without being an asshole.

I used to like both favre and wroggers….not anymore.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,073
    edited January 8
    Poncier said:
    I don't think the league cares about the ratings. They've been streaming TNF on Amazon for a couple years now... I can't help but think that lost them some viewers, but why should that be a concern if the streaming service is putting up the money in advance? 

Not to mention KC's a perfect team to try this with as well what with the Swfties tuning in and all. 
    Poncier said:
    I don't think the league cares about the ratings. They've been streaming TNF on Amazon for a couple years now... I can't help but think that lost them some viewers, but why should that be a concern if the streaming service is putting up the money in advance? 

yup.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,427
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:

yup.
    Who are your Super Bowl teams? 
    Im going with

49'ers VS Buffalo 

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:

yup.
    Who are your Super Bowl teams? 
    Im going with

49'ers VS Buffalo 

I'll be surprised if Buffalo makes it past the divisional weekend.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Crazy ride for the Bills.  Went into yesterday with a realistic possibility they could miss the playoffs entirely to a 2-seed.

They really dominated that game, but Allen had 2 bad turnovers (and another neutral one), and also a bad decision to come up empty at the half.

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    Is Belichick sticking around? 

Falcons/Commanders fire their coaches.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,402
    Poncier said:
    It's so annoying for so many reasons.  I think it will be a winner for NBC because they will get the ad revenue plus the $5 for all of us that sign up for one day then cancel.  

And the worst thing about streaming is not being able to flip at commercials.  Drives me nuts.  I can't stand watching hockey on ESPN+. It sucks.
    CROJAM95 said:

I hope so. 

He needs personnel help for sure, but i do hope he's still the HC in '24. 
    MayDay10 said:
    it was nice how those fraudulent dolphins “fans” sold their tickets.

there will be a handful of dolphins fans in KC.

eagles, GB and browns fans will travel. Steelers fans will try but I don’t see Bills fans giving up many tickets.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,989
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    It's so annoying for so many reasons.  I think it will be a winner for NBC because they will get the ad revenue plus the $5 for all of us that sign up for one day then cancel.  

And the worst thing about streaming is not being able to flip at commercials.  Drives me nuts.  I can't stand watching hockey on ESPN+. It sucks.
    And not only can you not flip, it's the same fucking ESPN+ commercials over and over too.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
  • Rams are +5000 to win Superb Owl?
    I don't gamble on those sites/apps but that is tempting to throw a few hundred on.  
    (This is why I don't use those apps....I'd always be betting on a longshot I thought had a chance and losing money going for the big return.)

As a Niners fan I hope they win.  
    However, I'm gonna say it is an AFC team that wins - no reason not to pick the Ravens after they humiliated the 49ers on XMas.
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

And not only can you not flip, it's the same fucking ESPN+ commercials over and over too.
    Espn ➕️ is a total piece of shit app. The worst.  I don't have a choice since my team is out of market,  but I was much happier when I had NHL ticket on Directv. But they sucked in different ways. 
    edited January 8
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

Espn ➕️ is a total piece of shit app. The worst.  I don't have a choice since my team is out of market,  but I was much happier when I had NHL ticket on Directv. But they sucked in different ways. 
    I click on videos on ESPN app and literally get a blank white screen.

And oh yea, I click on the ESPN+ articles and it doesn't let me friggin read them.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    edited January 8
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

I click on videos on ESPN app and literally get a blank white screen.

And oh yea, I click on the ESPN+ articles and it doesn't let me friggin read them.
    It will log me out randomly. If I want to watch a game that started,  it shows me the score anyway.. screwing me. I have to turn my head.  And if I go to another app for a few minutes (like during intermission), when I go back I have to start at the beginning,  hope it doesn't show me the score,  and then FF to where I left off.  I fucking hate ESPN at this point. 

Oh and then the picture will go to very low resolution for periods of time,  when every other app is fine. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    CROJAM95 said:

I hope so. 

He will go to a ready made team like Brady. Maybe the Cowboys if they don't make it past the first round and they fire their coach. 

I miss igotid88
    edited January 8
    igotid88 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I hope so. 

He will go to a ready made team like Brady. Maybe the Cowboys if they don't make it past the first round and they fire their coach. 

If he does, Kraft will have to fire him... I don't think he's going to sign off on a trade where his new team has to give up assets to bring him in. 

As far as NE goes, that defense kept showing up & giving their all week in & week out even after they were well out of playoff contention. Hearing the way guys like Peppers & Andrews talk about him tells me he hasn't lost the locker room / team & they still love playing for him. 

I think it will be a mistake for Kraft to let him go. 
    My longshot Superb Owl matchup:
    Cleveland vs LA Rams.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    If McCarthy gets canned, you have to think Quinn gets the promotion

I think Belichick/ Washington makes way more sense, More Control for Bill 
    CROJAM95 said:
    If McCarthy gets canned, you have to think Quinn gets the promotion

I think Belichick/ Washington makes way more sense, More Control for Bill 
    If this were 10 years ago, I might agree, but he'll be 72 in April... I would think he wants to win more sooner than later. 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    igotid88 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I hope so. 

If he does, Kraft will have to fire him... I don't think he's going to sign off on a trade where his new team has to give up assets to bring him in. 

As far as NE goes, that defense kept showing up & giving their all week in & week out even after they were well out of playoff contention. Hearing the way guys like Peppers & Andrews talk about him tells me he hasn't lost the locker room / team & they still love playing for him. 

From the outside, I have great respect for Belichick, and what he has accomplished and innovated over his career.

However, I believe it would be in the Patriots' (and maybe Belichick's) best interests to have a clean break.  They need to build a championship football program from the top-down.  They nice draft slot in what looks like a great draft to be there as well as some cap flexibility I think.  They need some new innovative ideas for 2024-on, especially offensively, and I don't think Belichick can reinvent himself again there to get it done.  Also, who knows how a Belichick/GM relationship would go in NE, would Belichick need to approve of it?  Would his presence keep candidates away?  

On the flip-side, I can see a fresh start and a new outlook for Belichick possibly bringing success in LA or Chicago (or even Dallas if the crap out).

Its interesting to see what happens.  You have to think Kraft is really conflicted right now, as-is Belichick.  I wonder how sentimental Kraft is, and how much that will cloud his judgement.
    I'll say Dallas vs. Buffalo in the Super Bowl.

igotid88 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I hope so. 

please, no!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited January 8
    MayDay10 said:
    igotid88 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I hope so. 

From the outside, I have great respect for Belichick, and what he has accomplished and innovated over his career.

However, I believe it would be in the Patriots' (and maybe Belichick's) best interests to have a clean break.  They need to build a championship football program from the top-down.  They nice draft slot in what looks like a great draft to be there as well as some cap flexibility I think.  They need some new innovative ideas for 2024-on, especially offensively, and I don't think Belichick can reinvent himself again there to get it done.  Also, who knows how a Belichick/GM relationship would go in NE, would Belichick need to approve of it?  Would his presence keep candidates away?  

On the flip-side, I can see a fresh start and a new outlook for Belichick possibly bringing success in LA or Chicago (or even Dallas if the crap out).

Its interesting to see what happens.  You have to think Kraft is really conflicted right now, as-is Belichick.  I wonder how sentimental Kraft is, and how much that will cloud his judgement.
    RE: personnel decisions, he's had help before; he had Scott Pioli there for the 1st 8 or so years, and Nick Caserio had a pretty big role in personnel decisions after that... would BB cede final say? Hard to say, but I don't think he wants to start over somewhere else at this stage; and I don't think Kraft wants to start from scratch either, not at 82 years old. His best chances of seeing another trophy are probably w/ BB. 

Patriots had a top 10 defense this year, depending on the source (ranked as low as 12th & as high as 7th) and it's not as if they have ZERO talent on the offensive side. IDK if BOB is the answer as OC, but they have a good draft position and plenty of cap space... maybe the future isn't as rosy as I want to think but anyone they bring in is going to be a setback from a coaching standpoint, and probably a significant one. 

It will indeed be interesting, but this Pats fan hopes he's back another year. I think their best chances for winning in the short term are w/ BB, but won't be shocked if they send him packing either. 
    Poncier said:

Not to mention KC's a perfect team to try this with as well what with the Swfties tuning in and all. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:

The league has been paid already, so ratings matter little to them (but still they don't want really low viewership), so its NBC/Peacock who wants the eyeballs. Hope is ratings are crazy low and they realize it isn't worth paying for an exclusive stream (advertisers won't pay the same rate going forward etc.), and they (and Bezos on Thursday) give up the rights next time things come up for bid and they go back to regular broadcast. Not likely, but one can only hope.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I hope so. 

please, no!
    I don't want that either. Don't want the Cowboys winning another Super Bowl
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I hope so. 

please, no!
    I don't want that either. Don't want the Cowboys winning another Super Bowl
    They won't,  not this year.