The National Football League

Comments

• As Pats fans, what do you guys think?
    (Of BB getting the door?)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited January 11
    I didn't realize Carroll was older than Belichick. Looks like he still wants to coach though?

I don't get these old guys. When I'm in my later years all I will want to do is golf if I'm still able. Fuck working. lol
    www.myspace.com
  • At least with Pete, it is what he loves.  Guessing the same with BB.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,073
    As Pats fans, what do you guys think?
    I hoped he would stay on for one more year.... regardless of who they bring in, it's going to be a significant drop off in play calling and game planning. I had hoped he would concede personnel decisions and stay put, but c'est la vie. 

The team has the #3 pick and a crap load of cap space and now they have a coaching and GM vacancy to fill... not to mention they just let the most accomplished coach in the SB era walk with no compensation (after letting Brady walk w/ no compensation)

Yeah... I'm not feeling great about it. 
  • Makes sense.
    So I'm really finally going to be forced to download fucking Peacock this weekend, huh? Such bullshit
    www.myspace.com
  • I use it on mg cable and I don't pay for it.  Curious to see of they make me upgrade my account.  When they showed a game earlier this year I got it....
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,616
    So I'm really finally going to be forced to download fucking Peacock this weekend, huh? Such bullshit
    I just bit the bullet in order to watch KC vs MIA
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    ... not to mention they just let the most accomplished coach in the SB era walk with no compensation (after letting Brady walk w/ no compensation)

Ownership has not exactly looked smart lately.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier said:
    ... not to mention they just let the most accomplished coach in the SB era walk with no compensation (after letting Brady walk w/ no compensation)

He's stressed out.  Probably needs a happy ending.
    Poncier said:

Weird how the 82yo who gets dirty strip mall HJs made the wrong decision. 
    Poncier said:

Or needs to cede decision making to Jonathan. A lot of talk that Bill being 71 is a detriment. Kraft is 82. He has likely lost a few MHP off his fastball as well.
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Or needs to cede decision making to Jonathan. A lot of talk that Bill being 71 is a detriment. Kraft is 82. He has likely lost a few MHP off his fastball as well.
    I trust Jonathan less than his father. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    Chargers/Falcons best openings imo

i see Bill B taking one, Washington maybe

he wants those 15 wins…
  • Poncier said:

Weird how the 82yo who gets dirty strip mall HJs made the wrong decision. 
    Hahaha.  Yeah, strange.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,387
    I’m fully prepared for 30-40 years of 3-14 or 4-13 seasons. Been there done that. Would love for BB to get his 15+ in one or more seasons somewhere else. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

What's the deal with Jonathan?  Is the fanbase hopeful for when he is the sole owner?  Or is it like the Steinbrenner thing with George and Hal (or the fact that instead of 1 team buying players there are 6 in competition now).

Not sure what a great owner Kraft is.  He struck gold with Belichick who remained ahead of the curve for almost 20 years and struck gold again with a quarterback who was willing to commit his entire being to winning.  I guess he should take credit for sitting back and letting the chefs cook.

Its a hard decision now.  They allowed Caserio to walk, that was a mistake.  I'm not sure who they bring in.  Probably a coach first and then the grocery-getter GM.  
    MayDay10 said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

What's the deal with Jonathan?  Is the fanbase hopeful for when he is the sole owner?  Or is it like the Steinbrenner thing with George and Hal (or the fact that instead of 1 team buying players there are 6 in competition now).

Not sure what a great owner Kraft is.  He struck gold with Belichick who remained ahead of the curve for almost 20 years and struck gold again with a quarterback who was willing to commit his entire being to winning.  I guess he should take credit for sitting back and letting the chefs cook.

Its a hard decision now.  They allowed Caserio to walk, that was a mistake.  I'm not sure who they bring in.  Probably a coach first and then the grocery-getter GM.  
    Kraft was a savvy enough owner to have learned his lesson w/ Parcells and give up a 1st Round pick to get Belichick. He also built that stadium without taking a dime of taxpayer money; for that he’ll always have my respect. He also has a really weird desire to be liked…. He wants to sit at the table w/ the Mara’s & the Rooney’s…. He rolls over for the media and likes to be seen w/ rappers like Jay Z & Rick Ross…. He’s a strange dude, but I’ll tip my cap to him for what he’s accomplished over the last 30 years. (He’s also given more to charity than most people will ever know, but OTOH, he’s a billionaire… he can afford to). 

Jonathan… idk. He doesn’t strike me as erratic as say, Mark Davis or Jim Irsay, but I think like with his father, he has rabbit ears and cares too much about what’s being written in the papers. I don’t think the fan base is hopeful w/ him at the helm… I know I’m not. 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I remember Artie Lange on the Stern show told a long story of how Bob Kraft procured him to perform for a family birthday party or something, flew him in, and was the nicest guy/most gracious host.   It was at the pit of the Patriots' torment of the Bills so it was tough to hear.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,131
    (Just read up on it)
    He made it clear he wanted to stay and fought for it.

Seahawks make playoffs 10 years out of 14.  SB 2x, winning one, losing one in painful fashion.  Far and away the most success the weak franchise ever had.

Jets win 6 games in his one year as coach....and for an organization as bad as the Jets this is probably a top 10 coach, lol.

Pats?  Well, he made playoffs 2 out of 3 years and kept things warm for Bill.  

Obviously had great success in college level with USC.  

Still blown away that the SeaChickens think they will do better.  That team was largely garbage the past few years and he did a hell of a job.  If they had an average coach they don't make playoffs last year and win 3-4 games this year.

Hope Seattle turns back into the pumpkins now.
    He made people believe Gino Smith was good...
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,131
    I like Carroll too but he's 72. Seems a good time for Seattle to move on. I don't see him going any other place. 
    Giants did this w Coughlin.  Head and shoulders a better coach than anything they've had since but thought he was too old.
    (Just read up on it)
    He made it clear he wanted to stay and fought for it.

Seahawks make playoffs 10 years out of 14.  SB 2x, winning one, losing one in painful fashion.  Far and away the most success the weak franchise ever had.

Jets win 6 games in his one year as coach....and for an organization as bad as the Jets this is probably a top 10 coach, lol.

Pats?  Well, he made playoffs 2 out of 3 years and kept things warm for Bill.  

Obviously had great success in college level with USC.  

Still blown away that the SeaChickens think they will do better.  That team was largely garbage the past few years and he did a hell of a job.  If they had an average coach they don't make playoffs last year and win 3-4 games this year.

Hope Seattle turns back into the pumpkins now.
    He made people believe Gino Smith was good...
    That alone should equal enshrinement in Canton.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    Come home Bill
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Come home Bill
    Daboll to Bama, Bill to NYG.
  • Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Come home Bill
    Daboll to Bama, Bill to NYG.
    Barf.  Why would Bama want the rotund one?  He can't run a team

I think it's more likely Bill will go to Dallas. If they lose this weekend, I can see them canning McCarthy. He probably wants a team that's close to winning...that is not the Giants. 
    www.myspace.com
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    I think it's more likely Bill will go to Dallas. If they lose this weekend, I can see them canning McCarthy. He probably wants a team that's close to winning...that is not the Giants. 
    I said that earlier this week. Bill still loves the Giants and said he wanted to coach them.
    I miss igotid88
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    As a Steeler fan I'm just happy to be able to keep my license plate frame on my car one more week. 
    Here we go!
    There's chatter that same scenario exists in your city of brotherly shove. If Tampa wins Monday, Sirianni could get canned, and BB comes to Philly. Seems he prefers a return to the NFC East.
  • Predictions for this weekend:

Niners can't lose!  (Always talk myself into the good chance of losing every playoff game prior to start time...playoffs are nervous energy/excitement time!)

Going with one upset on each side:

Cowboys beat Packers
    Eagles beat Bucs
    Rams beat Lions

Texans shock Browns
    Bills beat Steelers 
    Chiefs beat 🐬 

Would like to see:
    Packers, Eagles, Lions
    Texans, Steelers, Dolphins

Who do you have winning games this weekend?