Rage Against The Machine

Comments

• JOEJOEJOE said:
    Booked a refundable hotel room for Phoenix....hoping the show is at an arena as opposed to some huge field.
    I doubt it'll be an arena but ya never know. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Booked a refundable hotel room for Phoenix....hoping the show is at an arena as opposed to some huge field.
    I did the same. Hoping for something closer to here but 3 days in Phoenix area will be fun. 

tbergs said:
    Listened to BOLA on the drive in to work this morning. 20 years and still awesome. Be nice to see SOAD also announce a reunion tour. 

They are though in Europe next year unless you mean this side of the pond than I hope they do too. 
  • PJNB said:

So Prophets of Rage are done....

Does this mean what I think it means?
    Man I would love to be wrong and Rage gets back together permanently!
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    PJNB said:

So Prophets of Rage are done....

Does this mean what I think it means?
    Yeah, when I saw that, it made me think that ZDLR must have committed to the year at least, if not new music as well.  Anxiously awaiting venue and ticket info for those March shows, but even if I can't make one of those, after this post I'm confident we'll all get to see them in 2020!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    Doesn't it feel like they failed to take advantage of the initial announcement/hype?  Unless they're planning some big return performance or something, everyone was going nuts on Friday, but no ticket info or statement or anything.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Doesn't it feel like they failed to take advantage of the initial announcement/hype?  Unless they're planning some big return performance or something, everyone was going nuts on Friday, but no ticket info or statement or anything.
    That's a good point.....most announcements include on-sale info these days, but then again, RATM have always done things differently.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I think they want it to look less like a big re formation and more like, We've been on hiatus and we're back. Like a passive reformation. Makes it look less like a money grab.

But they need some new tunes. Even if a AA side single.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Is there any indication of more dates and a longer reunion?  Or is this run of shows it?
    MayDay10 said:
    Is there any indication of more dates and a longer reunion?  Or is this run of shows it?
    I would guess the full tour gets announced the day after Coachella to take advantage of the hype, but who knows.

edited November 2019
    I bet we hear more news about dates in late winter. But I bet they do the Euro festival circuit, SO I wouldn't expect a Us tour until July/August. Maybe shows leading up to the Election.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    So it may not be necessary to fly cross country to phoenix?
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    MayDay10 said:
    So it may not be necessary to fly cross country to phoenix?
    No one knows.  We've only heard about 5 dates.  2 of them are festivals.  Not sure what the other 3 are (headlining their own shows are other festivals).   It's possible we won't know about more tour dates until after they announce these 5 shows.  That would make it though.  Do you gamble on a full tour, or go see a band that barely tours while you can... sigh.
    I have zero doubt there will be more shows. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    I'm thinking there will be an album. You know ZDLR has a ton of stuff and I'm sure the band does as well.

I really like the Prophets album....but I kept wishing ZDLR was singing it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I thought there was an article already that hinted that more shows are planned later in the year. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    I am not risking it. If there is nothing official from them on the matter by the time these 5 shows go on sale I am going to Phoenix. 
  • I'm thinking there will be an album. You know ZDLR has a ton of stuff and I'm sure the band does as well.

The second part I think might be off.

Most musicians don't become recluses and stop writing altogether.  He has done 2 things since quitting RATM, the lion thing and a spot on RTJ song, that's it.

If he has found some newfound glory and fervor then amen but I don't know it that is the case.
    I'm thinking there will be an album. You know ZDLR has a ton of stuff and I'm sure the band does as well.

Most musicians don't become recluses and stop writing altogether.  He has done 2 things since quitting RATM, the lion thing and a spot on RTJ song, that's it.

If he has found some newfound glory and fervor then amen but I don't know it that is the case.
    He released a solo song and indicated it was from his forthcoming album (similar to Can't Deny Me).

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    As long as Zach can still sound like Zach, bring on a new RATM album.

What better place than here? What better time than now?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    The phoenix show is on a Monday.  There are no festivals at the end of March here that occur on a Monday. It could be an outside event at Rawhide Wild Horse Pass they have had weekday events before. The other options are arenas, football stadium, and baseball field. They sold out the USC Coliseum last time they played. Football stadiums seem reasonable unless they end up with 20 plus shows. Then it would seem arenas.
  • I'm thinking there will be an album. You know ZDLR has a ton of stuff and I'm sure the band does as well.

He released a solo song and indicated it was from his forthcoming album (similar to Can't Deny Me).

That solo song would be what I said as the "lion thing", One Day as A Lion was that project and that was way back in 08...
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Hoping they get added to the Rockville lineup. Metallica doing two sets AND RATM? Wow. And it's only an hour and 15 min drive for me. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Those records were revolutionary at the time because people were complacent. Nowadays even country singers are activists. Which is ultimately a good thing, but I don't know how they'd do the same thing today and sound fresh.
  • pjl44 said:
    Those records were revolutionary at the time because people were complacent. Nowadays even country singers are activists. Which is ultimately a good thing, but I don't know how they'd do the same thing today and sound fresh.
    Not hearing a new song with the anger in Zachs voice over a ferocious band accompanying for almost 20 years would be fresh to my ears.

Nobody is coming at you today like Rage did back then.  System of a Down did but that's almost 20 years ago too.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    pjl44 said:
    Not hearing a new song with the anger in Zachs voice over a ferocious band accompanying for almost 20 years would be fresh to my ears.

Nobody is coming at you today like Rage did back then.  System of a Down did but that's almost 20 years ago too.
    Yeah, true. I guess I'm just thinking lyrical themes. I'm certainly interested in hearing what they would sound like now.
  • pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Yeah, true. I guess I'm just thinking lyrical themes. I'm certainly interested in hearing what they would sound like now.
    Oh I don't want to hear new music w 20yo lyrics.  It has to be fresh.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Better album: evil empire or self titled?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Good one.

Self titled

What if you added Battle of Los Angeles to that question?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    Good one.

Self titled

What if you added Battle of Los Angeles to that question?
    Great album.  Battle of LA will always be number three but those others two depend on my mood. Kind of like a no code/yield dilemma. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Zach put out Digging For Windows 3 years ago. El-P produced it.