Options

Rage Against The Machine

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,165
    Yah, I'd prefer not to go to a festival, so one of the other 3 shows would be most appealing.  I've never been to New Mexico.  It'd become the 14th state that I've visited.

After the small sliver of dates in 2011, me and a few friends have been talking about going to a show wherever it was, if they reunited again.   I'm hoping we put our money where our mouths are :)

I'm not sure we get more shows than this?  Given where the shows are, it doesn't look like it goes all that far from Zach's De La Rocha's stomping grounds... it's looks like a small tour that doesn't have him travelling too far.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    Zod said:
    I'm not sure we get more shows than this?  Given where the shows are, it doesn't look like it goes all that far from Zach's De La Rocha's stomping grounds... it's looks like a small tour that doesn't have him travelling too far.
    I can see this run being intended to hype an amphitheater tour that gets announced the day after Coachella.  With Run the Jewels opening would make the most sense.  Hopefully.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Hopefully Zach realizes the pay day they can make with a more expansive tour (I know its far from his primary motivation), and they add to this list, specifically some east coast dates.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,165
    That's the thing.... Zach seems like a recluse that doesn't like to do the shows.   It feels like people saying PJ is going to do a big amazing tour, when in reality they do more of the same (smaller tours to bigger markets).   RATM hasn't done a full blown tour in forever, not even then the last time they reunited.   I sort of expect it to be more like the last one.  Random dates, mostly festivals?
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    edited November 2019
    "Industry sources have confirmed to Consequence of Sound that the posting is accurate, and that the band is planning to play more shows beyond these initial dates."

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    It makes sense they will want to do a full tour. Coachella is a nice payday, but for them going thru the grind relearning the songs and putting on a show plus overhead to start things up, if it were me I'd want to crank up that tour gross revenue machine. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    lol that Forbes is the one breaking the news.

About RATM.  

And Wall Street Journal broke the Crowes "reunion." This is all more fitting than we'd probably care to admit.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    It makes sense they will want to do a full tour. Coachella is a nice payday, but for them going thru the grind relearning the songs and putting on a show plus overhead to start things up, if it were me I'd want to crank up that tour gross revenue machine. 
    2007 was very limited too though I hope you are right. 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    Lol.  They’re not going to recognize this Coachella crowd.  

One selfie then they’re going to Travis Scott’s stage. 
    The "pop" audience that has taken-over Coachella the past few years has no idea what they are in for!
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Lol.  They’re not going to recognize this Coachella crowd.  

One selfie then they’re going to Travis Scott’s stage. 
    The "pop" audience that has taken-over Coachella the past few years has no idea what they are in for!
    ^^^That's for damn sure! The mosh pits at a Rage show are probably the most intense I have ever been a part of.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285

I just experienced a little swelling!!!
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 650
    Anyone know the other venues besides Coachella? Trying to dig stuff up but no luck
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    PJNB said:
    2007 was very limited too though I hope you are right. 

My memory is getting terrible. I thought they did a decent tour at some point in that era. Maybe they did a festival at Randals Island IIRC?
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,942
    pjl44 said:

About RATM.  

And Wall Street Journal broke the Crowes "reunion." This is all more fitting than we'd probably care to admit.
    I mean it has more to do with irony of Forbes and the band's anti-capitalist stance.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    pjl44 said:

About RATM.  

I mean it has more to do with irony of Forbes and the band's anti-capitalist stance.
    Totally. Just reminded me how odd it was that the Crowes news came via the WSJ. Expecting Bloomberg to give us the lowdown on Oasis.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    And here I thought the 42 new posts were because  everybody was liking my sons's band ....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,887
    Please let them play the nyc area.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rollings said:
    And here I thought the 42 new posts were because  everybody was liking my sons's band ....
    Lol he is great! 
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    Just wish I knew if more shows are coming. Rage, other then Nirvana is my one regret for not seeing, and now that I have the chance, I feel I need to. Like Zod said, non fest show would make the most sense.
    It's weird becuase Coachella usually announces lineup in early January and has strict non disclosure for performers to not announce. Rage has broken that, so hopefully, they can announce more shows before Coachella?
  • Options
    LN241653LN241653 Cambridge Posts: 163
    Over the moon with this, I’ll keep my fingers crossed they cross the water later in the year.
  • Options
    And they chose a picture from the Chile protests for the announcement!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I think we’d have to assume they’ll add more shows.  Morello has been in Austin several times recently, may not be too far fetched to think they’d do sxsw or ACL if they’re doing fests 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    LET'S DO THIS
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options

So Prophets of Rage are done....

Does this mean what I think it means?
  • Options
    Seems like it. 

• Options
    Their Store was updated with lots of BOLA gear. 

https://rageagainstthemachine.probitymerch.com/
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Boston Calling Festival held at Harvard Stadium Memorial Day weekend, Morello's a Harvard alum...marriage made in heaven.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Looking to hit the El Paso show. Have some friends in Texas. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    Listened to BOLA on the drive in to work this morning. 20 years and still awesome. Be nice to see SOAD also announce a reunion tour. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    Booked a refundable hotel room for Phoenix....hoping the show is at an arena as opposed to some huge field.