*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    edited October 2019
    Might as well be playing the Washington Generals tonight. Never heard of this Chinese team (not that i am familiar with any Chinese team, but still..)

Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:
    cutz said:
    Did the 76ers get Danny Ainged AGAIN?? (76ers get a player from U Washington in trade with Celtics)

That #33 pick could've been Carsen Edwards and now the Celtics Drafted him.

But seriously I think Carsen Edwards is a backup PG at best, everyone is judging him based off the regional final game VS Virginia where he was phenomenal, but he's pretty small, so I wouldn't fret too much over losing out on him. He's a depth guy at best I think.
    Exactly on Edwards. 76ers need a backup PG . I saw Edwards more then that game VS Virginia. He can really shoot which the 76ers also need. Though, i worry about him the defensive side of the ball.
    Sorry, but i HAD to dig this back out(you can do the same when he's not doing shit>LOL)

I know its only pre-season, but this kid can shoot/score 

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:
    cutz said:
    Did the 76ers get Danny Ainged AGAIN?? (76ers get a player from U Washington in trade with Celtics)

That #33 pick could've been Carsen Edwards and now the Celtics Drafted him.

But seriously I think Carsen Edwards is a backup PG at best, everyone is judging him based off the regional final game VS Virginia where he was phenomenal, but he's pretty small, so I wouldn't fret too much over losing out on him. He's a depth guy at best I think.
    Exactly on Edwards. 76ers need a backup PG . I saw Edwards more then that game VS Virginia. He can really shoot which the 76ers also need. Though, i worry about him the defensive side of the ball.
    Sorry, but i HAD to dig this back out(you can do the same when he's not doing shit>LOL)

I know its only pre-season, but this kid can shoot/score 

8 3-pointers in a quarter is insane.  it's like he was playing nova again :)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Guy can shoot, but lets pump the breaks. It was a preseason game. After the game Brian Scalabrine was talking about how the defense will be paying attention to Hayward, Brown & Tatum and Edwards will be left open blah blah blah...Edwards will be on the bench and it will be Kemba Walker that will be on the floor.
    Certainly looks like a decent pick at #33 cause normally those guys are lucky to even sniff a roster, but he's going to play 10-12 minutes a night most nights.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Matty Thybulle’s defense though? I’ve liked what I’ve seen from him thus far 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:
    Guy can shoot, but lets pump the breaks. It was a preseason game. After the game Brian Scalabrine was talking about how the defense will be paying attention to Hayward, Brown & Tatum and Edwards will be left open blah blah blah...Edwards will be on the bench and it will be Kemba Walker that will be on the floor.
    Certainly looks like a decent pick at #33 cause normally those guys are lucky to even sniff a roster, but he's going to play 10-12 minutes a night most nights.
    And that's all the 76ers would need out of him(10-12 minutes a night). Good enough for them considering the team they have. And, if is he HOT you can play him more.

I did say it was only a pre-season game.
    Confidence levels are high. Opening night on Wednesday
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Looking forward to this year!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    concerned not enough shooters.
    pjhawks said:
    concerned not enough shooters.
    Only thing they are missing is a sharp shooter off the bench. They'll find one by the deadline/buyout market. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Ben needs to shoot.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Celtics +5, easy money.
    edited October 2019
    Poncier said:
    Celtics +5, easy money.
    Who asked? Haha. Lots of changes on both sides. Crazy that Ben and Joel are the only 2 Sixers left from the Celtics playoffs series loss.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    So pumped for tonight.
    RiotZact said:
    So pumped for tonight.
    Yes sir. Can't wait
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Almost time :smiley:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Ugly game, especially early. Turned into a relatively comfortable win, as it should have. 

I love the way Matty Thybulle plays. This kids gonna be a problem for teams defensively. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ^^^Ugly game is right^^^   Its still a win!

You can tell they haven't played enough games together. Should get better as the season goes along.
    cutz said:

You can tell they haven't played enough games together. Should get better as the season goes along.
    The TNT crew said there were less preseason games too? Just need time to jell

Speaking of which, Hubie Brown is 86!!! How is he still calling games? I was watching some late 80’s Sixers clops the other day and he was the color analyst. When I was a kid I remember thinking he looked pretty old back then. Turns out....I was right. I can’t believe he is still around

chinese-happy.jpg
    Ugly game, especially early. Turned into a relatively comfortable win, as it should have. 

I love the way Matty Thybulle plays. This kids gonna be a problem for teams defensively. 
    Yeah both teams didn't look particularly ready to start the season, but your boys got their shit together. Stevens needs to have the entire team shoot 500 FTs today, that was a disgrace. And Thybulle looks like he could be a Marcus Smart type pest/defender which is a good piece to have coming off the bench.
    cutz said:

Speaking of which, Hubie Brown is 86!!! How is he still calling games? I was watching some late 80’s Sixers clops the other day and he was the color analyst. When I was a kid I remember thinking he looked pretty old back then. Turns out....I was right. I can’t believe he is still around

Hubie seemed lost at times, especially the review when Brown's elbow caught Embiid in the chops, he sounded like he thought they had called the foul on Embiid and were checking to see if Embiid committed a flagrant. He's had a solid career, no shame in hanging it up at this age. If he continues to call games like he did last night he'll tarnish his legacy.
    Poncier said:
    cutz said:

Hubie seemed lost at times, especially the review when Brown's elbow caught Embiid in the chops, he sounded like he thought they had called the foul on Embiid and were checking to see if Embiid committed a flagrant. He's had a solid career, no shame in hanging it up at this age. If he continues to call games like he did last night he'll tarnish his legacy.
    I was shocked when I saw his age. I just assumed he looked old back when I was a kid and that he was really in his 40's maybe. Blows my mind that an 86 year is still calling games on ESPN
    chinese-happy.jpg
    82-0
    chinese-happy.jpg
    82-0
    If the shooting comes around, look out. Most guys are under their averages right now. Loved that the Hawks had to rely on Len and Carter to take 4 3's at the end of the game. Poor John Collins. A T for shimmying and Scott a Flagrant 2? This league is becoming what the NFL was when they wouldn't allow TD celebrations.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

chinese-happy.jpg
    Did they call the offensive foul on Embiid?
    edited October 2019
    Poncier said:
    Did they call the offensive foul on Embiid?N
    Poncier said:
    No, because Collins fouled him before Embiid puts his hand on him?
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:
    Didn't see the game, just looking at the picture.
    In that frame it looks like an offensive foul.
    Poncier said:
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:
    Didn't see the game, just looking at the picture.
    In that frame it looks like an offensive foul.
    Superstars don't have that called on them. 
    chinese-happy.jpg