The National Football League

Comments

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Jason P said:
    How old and removed from the NFL must Colin Kaepernick need to be before activists and journalists* stop demanding he be given a shot to replace a teams QB?  57?  Do we have 16 more years of this?  Not to mention he has found a much more lucrative career (dividing America) that doesn't involve having 300 lbs guys trying to kill him.
    This comment is more egregious than saying Andy Reid runs a nuthouse.

Stupid Bears, making Andy Viable by hitching a ride on Mahomes....that will go down as one of the greatest fuck ups....Imagine Patrick on that fuckin team.....so yea theres at least one team dumber than the Andy Reid Braintrust =) 

Being that your so objective... 
    stupid Bears is right (coming from a fan). That will go down as an all time biggest draft day blunder. 
    Here's a fun question.  Who made the biggest mistake?  The Bears not drafting Mahomes at 2, or the Bills trading away the #10 pick?
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Jason P said:
    How old and removed from the NFL must Colin Kaepernick need to be before activists and journalists* stop demanding he be given a shot to replace a teams QB?  57?  Do we have 16 more years of this?  Not to mention he has found a much more lucrative career (dividing America) that doesn't involve having 300 lbs guys trying to kill him.

Stupid Bears, making Andy Viable by hitching a ride on Mahomes....that will go down as one of the greatest fuck ups....Imagine Patrick on that fuckin team.....so yea theres at least one team dumber than the Andy Reid Braintrust =) 

stupid Bears is right (coming from a fan). That will go down as an all time biggest draft day blunder. 
    Plus didnt Trubisky only start 1 year @ UNC.....Mahomes, the whole Baseball Background.....its a shame, the ceiling on those 2 guys so one sided

Even if Mitch gets his head out of his ass....he will never come close to Mahomes
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Jason P said:

Here's a fun question.  Who made the biggest mistake?  The Bears not drafting Mahomes at 2, or the Bills trading away the #10 pick?
    Bears by far. They gave up a Kings ransom (including a first round pick!) to move up one draft spot from 3 to 2 when the 49ers were not going to take Trubisky anyway (they openly admitted). To not only be that far off in talent evaluation to think Trubisky was better than mahomes and Watson, but also give up a HUGE haul to move up one spot to get him, will forever go down as one of the biggest draft day misses ever. 
    CROJAM95 said:
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Jason P said:

Plus didnt Trubisky only start 1 year @ UNC.....Mahomes, the whole Baseball Background.....its a shame, the ceiling on those 2 guys so one sided

Even if Mitch gets his head out of his ass....he will never come close to Mahomes
    Mitch was drafted after his junior year. Not sure if he started any games prior, but if so it wouldn’t be many.  He could turn into Joe f’n Montana and it’s still a horrible move on draft day (breaking news...he’s not turning into Montana).  

bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Jason P said:

Bears by far. They gave up a Kings ransom (including a first round pick!) to move up one draft spot from 3 to 2 when the 49ers were not going to take Trubisky anyway (they openly admitted). To not only be that far off in talent evaluation to think Trubisky was better than mahomes and Watson, but also give up a HUGE haul to move up one spot to get him, will forever go down as one of the biggest draft day misses ever. 
    Hindsight is 20:20, but at the time Trubisky and Watson were rated much higher than Pat.  It wasn't until about a week before, Pat started shooting up the draft boards.  Originally he was projected in the 2nd round, then late first.  Apparently the Chiefs had been heavily scouting him his sophomore year at Texas Tech and were willing to do what they had to in order to get him.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    People are choosing to take Kaepernick's message completely wrong. It's not his fault stupid fucking people just see black-man-not-standing-for-the-anthem and automatically assume he hates troops and America instead of actually listening to what he has to say.  But yes, let's blame the black man.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    edited September 2019
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Jason P said:

Mitch was drafted after his junior year. Not sure if he started any games prior, but if so it wouldn’t be many.  He could turn into Joe f’n Montana and it’s still a horrible move on draft day (breaking news...he’s not turning into Montana).  

He started 13 games at UNC and went 8-5....not exactly lighting it up.  I try really hard not to think about the Bears taking him over Watson and Mahomes but holy shit what a mess.  
    People are choosing to take Kaepernick's message completely wrong. It's not his fault stupid fucking people just see black-man-not-standing-for-the-anthem and automatically assume he hates troops and America instead of actually listening to what he has to say.  But yes, let's blame the black man.
    It just goes to show how far this society still has to go.  It's ridiculous how many are in denial that racism is an issue.
    Mahomes playing @ Texas Tech is why some teams weren't as high on him, the run n shoot or whatever was looked down upon. Now you have Arizona Cardinal HC, Kyler, Lamar, Tua Mania, Lincoln Riley next HC (INSERT TEAM TALK) The NFL Mimicks one success and tries to repeat.....Lamar & Kyler look good so far

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Jason P said:

Its not so bad here in Buffalo because:

a. they got Tre White with the later 1st rounder and he is one of the best young CBs in the league.

b. other capital acquired with the trade made it possible to get a potential franchise QB (Allen) and potential franchise MLB (Edmunds).  Both look promising so far.  At the time of the 2017 draft, it was pretty clear the Bills were putting all their eggs in the much more promising QB draft class in 2018.

c. I dont think Mahomes comes close to the same performance on the Bills with the lack of weapons and coaching.

d. The Bills made the playoffs breaking the longest, nearly 20-year playoff drought the same year as that draft.

So people here aren't really upset about it at this point.  If everything here fizzles out and the Bills end up at square-1, it will be something that people will wallow in.
    MayDay10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Jason P said:

Its not so bad here in Buffalo because:

a. they got Tre White with the later 1st rounder and he is one of the best young CBs in the league.

b. other capital acquired with the trade made it possible to get a potential franchise QB (Allen) and potential franchise MLB (Edmunds).  Both look promising so far.  At the time of the 2017 draft, it was pretty clear the Bills were putting all their eggs in the much more promising QB draft class in 2018.

c. I dont think Mahomes comes close to the same performance on the Bills with the lack of weapons and coaching.

d. The Bills made the playoffs breaking the longest, nearly 20-year playoff drought the same year as that draft.

So people here aren't really upset about it at this point.  If everything here fizzles out and the Bills end up at square-1, it will be something that people will wallow in.
    Buffalo is in better shape than people realize.  I hear that defense is real and if Josh Allen can progress this year, they're a good pick to come out as a Wild Card this year.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Read this article and one line jumped out at me....
    In Weeks 1-2, there were 178 flags for offensive holding, a 66% increase from the same time period last season.

Why 66% more?  It could be called on every play, we know that.  It fucks with the game flow.  Call the egregious ones or call every one you see.  Don't call more just for the sake of calling more.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Read this article and one line jumped out at me....
    In Weeks 1-2, there were 178 flags for offensive holding, a 66% increase from the same time period last season.

Why 66% more?  It could be called on every play, we know that.  It fucks with the game flow.  Call the egregious ones or call every one you see.  Don't call more just for the sake of calling more.

the dumbest part of this article is Troy Aikman saying Tom Brady is one of the least controversial players in the league.  i guess except for you know that 4 game suspension for cheating. 
    Brady is doing what he can to influence the calls now that his O-Line is decimated.  Everything is deliberate
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Antonio Brown released
    I miss igotid88
    About time.
    color me surprised.  

Props to the Patriots.  

I wonder if there is a tidal wave coming his way that we dont know about yet...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    igotid88 said:
    Antonio Brown released
    Just came to post that. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    too Many farts in toms crib
  • Good move by the Pats. He shouldn’t have ever played a down for them though. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Who's the next team to take a chance on AB?
    What is it with some of these posts that take forever to get to the words?
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I really hope he doesn't jump off a building.  Dude needs some help.

Also, my fantasy team selection of him was pretty dumb right about now!
    I really hope he doesn't jump off a building.  Dude needs some help.

Also, my fantasy team selection of him was pretty dumb right about now!
    He only throws furniture off buildings

narcissists like him never do it
    Can you people hit backspace on your posts
    I miss igotid88
    I can hit backspace.  I am using a kb, though.
    When I am on my phone I sometimes get that annoying ass long space before text.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    What an idiot losing his guaranteed money with the raiders, he will be the next bagel guy fighting Lenny dykstra 
    He tweeted thanks for the opportunity Patriots

and shouted out Tom Brady

whose he fooling? It’s nice to know that he realizes he royally fucked up and is acting phony to try and fool the next team into some loot

fuck off you nasty farting fuck
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Who's the next team to take a chance on AB?

I'm assuming the NFL now puts him on the exempt list. They don't look great doing nothing and forcing the Patriots t be the ones to take action, so they try and save face and Goodell makes a statement trying to defend their inaction as being "thorough" or something.
    This weekend we rock Portland