Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,527
    Jaguars look legit, D is very good. Etienne one of top backs....Trevor will most likely get more chemistry with Ridley and other recievers as the season moves on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852
    Loved seeing the Oilers uniforms yesterday.  They looked outstanding!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,187
    mrussel1 said:
    yeah that was wild...reminded me of Dan Pastorini
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,287
    mrussel1 said:

these uniforms along with the eagles kelly green are my favorite throwbacks

Also how did the Giants get -9 passing yards total on Sunday? Is that even possible? :confused:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,537
    mrussel1 said:

these uniforms along with the eagles kelly green are my favorite throwbacks

Also how did the Giants get -9 passing yards total on Sunday? Is that even possible? :confused:
    I kinda think Seattle has them all beat. The Eagles ones are lighter than they used to be.

These Lions leotards tonight are atrocious. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,766
    Oh yeah the Cortez Kennedy Seahawks unis - rockin'
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    I was bummed out when Seattle dropped their old look for the flashier, soulless new ones.

I really liked seeing the Oiler uniforms.  Patriots always look great (as they may have a bottom 5 uniform in the NFL).  Tampa Bay's are terrific as well

The Giants retro hits the nostalgia feels too... but I dont think those are better than their current look (which are somewhat throwbacks as is)
  • Options

not exciting....

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

not exciting....
    Ugh, the Bengals should never again wear those dumb Browns look-a-like uniforms. Stick with the stripes!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I think the Bengals have a good look currently

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,834

not exciting....
    Ugh, the Bengals should never again wear those dumb Browns look-a-like uniforms. Stick with the stripes!
    I mean, I personally find it hysterical that Paul Brown, who has the Browns named after him, then got all butt hurt when he was fired and went out and founded the Bengals, in the same state, has their stadium named after him, and slightly changed their color scheme.
  • Options

not exciting....
    I mean, I personally find it hysterical that Paul Brown, who has the Browns named after him, then got all butt hurt when he was fired and went out and founded the Bengals, in the same state, has their stadium named after him, and slightly changed their color scheme.
    Good history! Yeah that whole thing is hilarious. Maybe the Browns should have announced "no no no, this team is now named after Jim Brown."

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,400

not exciting....
    Good history! Yeah that whole thing is hilarious. Maybe the Browns should have announced "no no no, this team is now named after Jim Brown."
    They should just change the name to the Cleveland Steamers.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852

not exciting....
    No... never.  Jim Brown is great and a hero, but don't forget Paul Brown coached all of those Championships and also led Ohio State to the National Championship.  He's from Norwalk, coached at Massillon, Ohio State, Cleveland and Cincy.  And Paul Brown created the professionalism of football with position coaches and so much more.  The whole reason we care about the 40 yard dash is because Brown wanted to time out punt coverage.  

The Browns are about Paul Brown.  That won't change.  
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    yeah.  Paul Brown is basically the father of the NFL as we know it.  And I think of him almost 100% with Cleveland
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,548
    Wobbie said:
    and….glorified? your chiefs?

dropping in the WPR.

I mean no Taylor Swift at the game.  There's my excuse.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    I think the Bengals have a good look currently

same...but they had those shit helmets when I was a kid so it's nostalgic. 

I do like the white striped helmets

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,815
    Niners make a move to strengthen dline.  Chase Young.  Good trade for their pass rush and run blocking....and a huge trade for their penalties.  Add one personal foul and offsides per game.  :lol:  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Niners make a move to strengthen dline.  Chase Young.  Good trade for their pass rush and run blocking....and a huge trade for their penalties.  Add one personal foul and offsides per game.  :lol:  

And at least 4 games on the sideline due to injury.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,815

And at least 4 games on the sideline due to injury.
    Haha.  I hope not.  I can live with the dumb penalties if he helps on the line.  Not playing would be a bummer. 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598

I know the pass rush isn't as good this year, but it is crazy that they continue to add D-linemen and ignore the DB issues they have. Lynch's philosophy is that a stout pass rush means the DBs don't have to cover as long, so they don't need to be as stout. However over the years the Niners have been absolutely killed by QBs that could move around, avoid the pass rush, and make big plays because of our substandard DBs. Year after year. Add better DBs and maybe a few of the big plays don't happen because the coverage is decent. 
  • Options
    They need one of those as well
  • Options
    I also have what is likely the unpopular opinion among Niners fans. . That they should trade 1st round picks without much concern if it helps them win now.
    My reasoning is that the picks suck anyway.  They pick better on later rounds.
  • Options
    They need one of those as well
    At least one.
  • Options
    this is a Rental, doubt they sign him in the offseason
  • Options
    I also have what is likely the unpopular opinion among Niners fans. . That they should trade 1st round picks without much concern if it helps them win now.

Maybe use one of those first rounders to upgrade at QB?  Unless you're completely sold on Purdy.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Agree, would highly doubt they sign
  • Options
    Historically they do have sketchy results in the first round. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Him & Bosa

OSU ....could be super scary, specially on Halloween
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Him & Bosa

OSU ....could be super scary, specially on Halloween
    Also, if he walks at end of year they would get a comp pick
    Smart deal, help in an area SF needs.
    Would love to have seen a DB, a WR, and/or another OL.  They are better now, though.