Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941

smile6680 said:
    Can I just pay 5 dollars a year and keep my seniority number and that's all I get. Once again most people I speak to at the concerts are only members to keep their number. Ten club would either fold or lose the majority of their membership dues if they got rid of seniority. They know they can jerk us around because of it. 
    Yah, that's a tough one.   Every other fan club I've joined (u2, metallica, ac/dc, gnr, etc..) I only did for ticket access.   I'd sub in years I wanted to see a show then let it lapse.  PJ is the only one I've kept going for 20+ years.   Once seated tickets got allocated by seniority there's no way you don't renew, especially if you have an older membership.  It was a fairly clever move, even if that was an unintended consequence.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Zod said:

smile6680 said:
    Can I just pay 5 dollars a year and keep my seniority number and that's all I get. Once again most people I speak to at the concerts are only members to keep their number. Ten club would either fold or lose the majority of their membership dues if they got rid of seniority. They know they can jerk us around because of it. 
    Yah, that's a tough one.   Every other fan club I've joined (u2, metallica, ac/dc, gnr, etc..) I only did for ticket access.   I'd sub in years I wanted to see a show then let it lapse.  PJ is the only one I've kept going for 20+ years.   Once seated tickets got allocated by seniority there's no way you don't renew, especially if you have an older membership.  It was a fairly clever move, even if that was an unintended consequence.
    I joined in ‘98, and I remember very shortly after, I think in 2000, they announced it was by number to prevent people from lining up super early like they do for GA now.
    A few times it was random by grouping. Grouping was by number, better number for better grouping, but was random within that group.
    Thats how I remember it anyway. And you’re right, I would consider letting my membership lapse if they got rid of seniority. But for $30/year, I’m keeping my number.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:

smile6680 said:
    I joined in ‘98, and I remember very shortly after, I think in 2000, they announced it was by number to prevent people from lining up super early like they do for GA now.
    A few times it was random by grouping. Grouping was by number, better number for better grouping, but was random within that group.
    Thats how I remember it anyway. And you’re right, I would consider letting my membership lapse if they got rid of seniority. But for $30/year, I’m keeping my number.
    Grouping was 03 tour if I remember right. After that they started doing it by individual numbers 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    I figured the free Can't Deny Me single download was the 2017 single (2016 being the R&R HOF singles, even though they were recorded in April of 2017)???  Okay, now I'm even more confused, but I'll take the singles.  Thanks PJ.
    it was billed as Side A of 2017 Ten Club Single and also first single off album 11. 
    I think those were all CMS misfires, someone just loaded the link quickly into archived messages and fixed somethings but not all.  
    english please?
    I think that the digital release for Can't Deny Me was loaded into the Content Management System that Pearl Jam's tenclub uses on a pre-existing message, you can just duplicate those.  And I don't think they modified the message properly.  It very clearly was a one off release, in the moment, not part of a bigger release.
    it was part of a newsletter that came out specifically saying it was "from the forthcoming Pearl Jam album". 
    I realize that, and they also archive all of their newsletters and there is a distinct different between the original email, and the archived version.  So my point is, when they sent the first email, it was a cut and paste of job.  
    Is it anyway to know when they changed the wording in the archived version -- was it different from the getgo or has it been revised on a later date?
    No, but rarely are the archived versions different from the original if at all.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    edited September 2019
    Regardless of anyone's feelings about Can't Deny Me, it turning out to not be part of the 2017 single would be great because we would then potentially be getting 4 new songs rather than 3.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    NewJPage said:
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:

smile6680 said:
    Grouping was 03 tour if I remember right. After that they started doing it by individual numbers 
    Grouping or "blocks" were used on the 2000 and 2003 tours.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Let's hope "finalized" isn't the new "forthcoming".

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    PB11041 said:
    Damn it!  Looks like the thread will come to end with the news of this newsletter!

We have yet to see what are on them. That could lead to a whole new round. Especially if it is like the Shattered one. 
    Still going strong
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    FR181798 said:
    demetrios said:

2017 & 2018 MEMBER BENEFIT UPDATE

NEWS SEPTEMBER 10 2019

The 2017 & 2018 Ten Club Singles and Deep Magazines are being finalized.

If you had an Analog membership in 2017 and/or 2018, you will be contacted via email with a reminder to update your mailing address once production finishes.

Note: If you had an Analog membership for both years, the 2017 & 2018 Ten Club Singles and Deep Magazines will be shipped together in one package.

All 2017 and 2018 Members will be notified when the applicable digital copies of these are made available for you to download from your account.

/end thread. 
    Easy, man. We still have a vanilla vs cherry coke discussion pending on here.
    Hows that even a discussion. Cherry coke every time. Why does vanilla coke even exist. Glad the singles are being finalized although that term should still keep this thread ticking over until Christmas. One things for certain, these are forthcoming. 

There's that Orange Cream Coke disaster mess.
    Orange Vanilla Coke is surprisingly good.  I didn't think it would be, but they got the formula right.
  • theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    TROMPE LE MONDE
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JimmyV said:
    Let's hope "finalized" isn't the new "forthcoming".
    LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mcgruff10 said:
    NewJPage said:
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:

smile6680 said:

It wasn't necessarily random. What I remember: Tickets were assigned within a block, but the earlier you picked them up, the better you were within that block. It was a system that encouraged people to wait in line, but still rewarded older members.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    mcgruff10 said:
    NewJPage said:
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:

smile6680 said:

It wasn't necessarily random. What I remember: Tickets were assigned within a block, but the earlier you picked them up, the better you were within that block. It was a system that encouraged people to wait in line, but still rewarded older members.
    My experience was the same as yours.  I really disliked the distribution system that year.  We were arriving at venues at 10 in the morning just to be sure we got a decent spot in line when the ticket windows opened.  They also were filling out the entire floor section before they moved to the wings. So people with much higher numbers were right next to the stage while we were stuck at the back of the floor.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    mcgruff10 said:
    NewJPage said:
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:

smile6680 said:

That is correct. I was never able to get in line early enough for front row, got 2nd row a few times.
    The tickets were in a big stack and they just pulled the next pair off the top of the stack when you got to the window.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,976
    on2legs said:
    My experience was the same as yours.  I really disliked the distribution system that year.  We were arriving at venues at 10 in the morning just to be sure we got a decent spot in line when the ticket windows opened.  They also were filling out the entire floor section before they moved to the wings. So people with much higher numbers were right next to the stage while we were stuck at the back of the floor.  
    At Nassau Coliseum in 2003, while we waited in the Ten Club line, a girl who had just been to the window walked by in tears.  She was crying happy tears because she had just bought tickets at the box office and they were in the third row.  She was not in the fan club.  When we got to the Ten Club window after waiting in line for an hour, our tickets (Mem. No. 107xxx) were in the 26th row.  That experience was very frustrating.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:
    At Nassau Coliseum in 2003, while we waited in the Ten Club line, a girl who had just been to the window walked by in tears.  She was crying happy tears because she had just bought tickets at the box office and they were in the third row.  She was not in the fan club.  When we got to the Ten Club window after waiting in line for an hour, our tickets (Mem. No. 107xxx) were in the 26th row.  That experience was very frustrating.
    I hear you.  Frustrating is a great way to describe it.  I’m glad the ten club listened to the feedback after that tour and change the system after that. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    In the newsletter, it said they are almost ready.  That's some good news.  I look forward to hearing them!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:
    I hear you.  Frustrating is a great way to describe it.  I’m glad the ten club listened to the feedback after that tour and change the system after that. 
    Everyone of the shows I used FanClub tix for in 2003 my tickets were handed to me in an envelope and the tickets were already pre-assigned. 

PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:
    Everyone of the shows I used FanClub tix for in 2003 my tickets were handed to me in an envelope and the tickets were already pre-assigned. 
    Out of curiosity... what shows were those?  I think I went to 5 shows that tour and once you got to the front of the line the employees had a huge stack of tickets for each block and they just handed you the top two tickets from the appropriate block. 

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:
    Out of curiosity... what shows were those?  I think I went to 5 shows that tour and once you got to the front of the line the employees had a huge stack of tickets for each block and they just handed you the top two tickets from the appropriate block. 
    It had your name on it.
    I miss igotid88
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    yah I remember the lineup for Seattle was one of the worst i've ever seen.  Wrapped around for hours.   It was the polar opposite in Boise.   So few people went to Boise there was only one block.  We drove over night from portland.   Instead of going to the lineup we checked in super early to our hotel and got some sleep.   It wasn't until we arrived in the afternoon to get our tickets we found out it was only one block.

Had we gotten in line in the morning we would of been front row :(  Ended up being 6th which was still pretty good :)
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:
    I think you may be misremembering the year.
    in 2003 they just pulled a pair of tix off the sack of whatever block you were in.  At least for the shows I attended.
    Tix pre-assigned in envelopes started in 2006 I believe.
    igotid88 said:
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:
    It had your name on it.
    Weird.  Shows I went were handed out first come first serve. 

edited September 2019
    Only shows in 2003 where they would have been in envelopes were MSG.
     Interview from after 2006 tour:

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2006/08/18/the-tft-interview-with-tim-bierman-part-2/

Jessica  But did you have something to do with deciding to move
    over the seniority model for tickets? Was that your call?
    Tim  Everyone got together and tried to figure out how we were
    going to do it. It was just one of those brainstorming ideas.
    Obviously, I can’t remember the specifics of how that happened, but
    what I’m assuming is we got to a point of, “how are we going to do
    this? What can we do to make this ticketing thing work? How can we
    reward the people that have been with us the longest?” And obviously, we’ve had to tweak it a little bit a couple of
    times to make it work right.
    Kathy  Do you mean the decision to move from seniority in blocks
    to number specific?
    Tim  Yeah. It’s much easier than the block system. The block
    system was horrifying and it put an extreme amount of pressure on the
    [10C ticket] person on the day of the show because they had to come to
    the show, get the tickets, make sure they were all there, count them
    out.
    Jessica  I think we found out at the Garden in 2003 when you guys
    did exact for the first time, that was great.

on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:
    4/28, 4/29, 5/3, 6/29, 7/5, 7/6, 7/8, 7/9, 7/14 were the shows I went to, 4/29, 5/3, 6/29 were the ones I used my ten club for.

Poncier said:

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2006/08/18/the-tft-interview-with-tim-bierman-part-2/

reward the people that have been with us the longest?” And obviously, we’ve had to tweak it a little bit a couple of
    to number specific?
    out.

Yeah I think I am confusing people here, I am not saying they were not in blocks, I am just saying mine came in an envelope and was already set, so in theory and probably in practice, someone with a higher number in my block definitely could have had better seats and vice versa.

Poncier said:

to number specific?
    out.

Thank you for digging that up. 

PB11041 said:
    Poncier said:

to number specific?
    out.

Yeah I think I am confusing people here, I am not saying they were not in blocks, I am just saying mine came in an envelope and was already set, so in theory and probably in practice, someone with a higher number in my block definitely could have had better seats and vice versa.

The shows I went to... all the tickets were in stacks behind the counter.  No envelopes.  Just a stack of tickets for each block and once they checked your ID and verified your member number they just pulled two tickets off the top of the stack and handed them over.  

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    Poncier said:

to number specific?
    out.

The shows I went to... all the tickets were in stacks behind the counter.  No envelopes.  Just a stack of tickets for each block and once they checked your ID and verified your member number they just pulled two tickets off the top of the stack and handed them over.  
    I used my 10c number for tix 8 times that tour and each time was exactly like you described. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    Poncier said:

to number specific?
    out.

I used my 10c number for tix 8 times that tour and each time was exactly like you described. 
    So glad they changed it.  👍🏻

This discussion has been closed.