Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    The holidays singles have always been a bit of fun to me, I enjoy them for what they are, but I can never actually say I look forward to them and they are high up the list of the years most essential releases.....on that basis Ive always been relaxed about when they come, a nice surprise in the mail and a fun listen. I have never taken it more seriously than that. If these last two never materialise, I'll get by
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:
    The holidays singles have always been a bit of fun to me, I enjoy them for what they are, but I can never actually say I look forward to them and they are high up the list of the years most essential releases.....on that basis Ive always been relaxed about when they come, a nice surprise in the mail and a fun listen. I have never taken it more seriously than that. If these last two never materialise, I'll get by
    That’s not the point, it’s the fact we paid for something that was never delivered with ample time to do so. That’s the argument. No one will not get bye, it’s a fucking 45.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,789
    pdalowsky said:
    That’s not the point, it’s the fact we paid for something that was never delivered with ample time to do so. That’s the argument. No one will not get bye, it’s a fucking 45.
    Image result for spinning in circles gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    pdalowsky said:
    Im just saying, it just doesnt upset me that much. It clearly upsets you. I appreciate it was promised and paid for, but I consider that over the years Ive had bloody good value out of this fanclub and have no gripes. I am thankful it is still there for us
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:
    Im just saying, it just doesnt upset me that much. It clearly upsets you. I appreciate it was promised and paid for, but I consider that over the years Ive had bloody good value out of this fanclub and have no gripes. I am thankful it is still there for us
    Haha, ok. 
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    I think it's important to keep this conversation going even though it is just beating a dead horse but why can't everyone just be civil about it? If you don't mind that the singles haven't been sent to you, feel free to speak your mind but don't attack the people who do care about them.

The sad thing is that Pearl Jam or the 10c could make this go away by giving us an actual timeline. The fact of the matter is that they are late on delivering 2 singles and 2 DEEP magazines. They are about to be behind 3 DEEP magazines which I'm really interested to see how they are going to get themselves out of this hole that they've dug themselves in to.

To me, it's not about the money I've given them. I'm severely disappointed in the band that I looked up to as a kid. I joined the 10c when I was 14 and had to figure out how to pay for my membership in 1996. The singles were the world to me because they used to be rare. I think it's pathetic how they now treat their fan club and they've been doing it for a few years now. Back in the day, the 10c used to mean a lot more than it does now and I think that's a huge disconnect from the older members and the newer members. I don't feel any animosity towards the people that don't care that they haven't delivered we've paid for.

I would hope that Pearl Jam and the 10c feel bad for the current situation but nothing has pointed to this being the case. The only apology we've received was from Tim Bierman and he wasn't sorry for the 10c screwing this up, he was only sorry to the people that expressed frustration(his words, not mine).
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971
    Release the mp3 hounds!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    pdalowsky said:
    At this point it sure will be a surprise when they turn up in the mail.

Even the few years before the 2016 (2017) single have been a bit of a disaster for me. I had a couple go missing in the post. Once when they moved over the database or whatever they somehow lost a digit off my postal address. Then one year it was just never posted to members in this part of the world. Shipping error or something. 

Lets hope they are worth the wait.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    weird, if someone says they are planning to do something for me because they sometimes suck at our relationship, I take that as a commitment to the change. but ok. 
    "planning" to do something and "are" doing something are very different. Plans fall through all the time. 
    again, this is setting the bar really really low for the club/band. to send out a letter of apology to the club saying they can expect something as an apology and to not only not follow through, but try to erase it from memory, is really weak. 

I for one think they should be held to a higher standard than that. 
    And again, I am just pointing out a bad example you are using. The Big Bold and Free was not something promised, or owed, or paid for. They made the mistake of saying they were working on something before it was finalized and the plans fell through. You did not pay for it, it did not come out of your membership. But you act like it did.

The singles are paid for and owed. 
    Ok then, tell your spouse you are planning to do something nice for them and then never do it. Then report back how they feel about that....
    If people see their relationship with any band or fan club as being at all similar to a spouse, I think we're touching on the root of the problem 
    oh for fucks sakes, it was a hypothetical parallel. 

How we're still needling them over Big, Bold, and Free nearly 15 years later is crazy. To also compare that - in any way - to the feeling of having a promise broken by a spouse is just...I don't know man.
    as i already said, i'm not needling them over it. as i already said, i wasn't even a member at the time. so i have never given a flying fuck about BB&F. 

i guess you don't know how rebuttals work. they aren't subject to statute of limitations, or any kind of equality, someone makes a claim, it's open to refute. 

there's some serious reading comprehension issues here. or people just wanting to argue. either way, later. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Image result for atomic bomb gif

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,363

6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    First there was the Christmas single.
    Then the Annual single
    Then just the Fanclub single
    Past couple of years its been the Forthcoming single

Its evolution baby!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,179
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    weird, if someone says they are planning to do something for me because they sometimes suck at our relationship, I take that as a commitment to the change. but ok. 
    "planning" to do something and "are" doing something are very different. Plans fall through all the time. 
    again, this is setting the bar really really low for the club/band. to send out a letter of apology to the club saying they can expect something as an apology and to not only not follow through, but try to erase it from memory, is really weak. 

I for one think they should be held to a higher standard than that. 
    And again, I am just pointing out a bad example you are using. The Big Bold and Free was not something promised, or owed, or paid for. They made the mistake of saying they were working on something before it was finalized and the plans fell through. You did not pay for it, it did not come out of your membership. But you act like it did.

The singles are paid for and owed. 
    Ok then, tell your spouse you are planning to do something nice for them and then never do it. Then report back how they feel about that....
    If people see their relationship with any band or fan club as being at all similar to a spouse, I think we're touching on the root of the problem 
    oh for fucks sakes, it was a hypothetical parallel. 

How we're still needling them over Big, Bold, and Free nearly 15 years later is crazy. To also compare that - in any way - to the feeling of having a promise broken by a spouse is just...I don't know man.
    as i already said, i'm not needling them over it. as i already said, i wasn't even a member at the time. so i have never given a flying fuck about BB&F. 

i guess you don't know how rebuttals work. they aren't subject to statute of limitations, or any kind of equality, someone makes a claim, it's open to refute. 

there's some serious reading comprehension issues here. or people just wanting to argue. either way, later. 

• Options
    For the past 20 years or so I have never cared for anything other than having access to ten club tickets. I do think the people who enjoy the singles should have received them and for the life of me why are people defending the tenclub/band for not fulfilling their end of an agreement. It's okay to criticize them. 
  • Options
    Image result for train over cliff gif

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    JB16057 said:
    I think it's important to keep this conversation going even though it is just beating a dead horse but why can't everyone just be civil about it? If you don't mind that the singles haven't been sent to you, feel free to speak your mind but don't attack the people who do care about them.

The sad thing is that Pearl Jam or the 10c could make this go away by giving us an actual timeline. The fact of the matter is that they are late on delivering 2 singles and 2 DEEP magazines. They are about to be behind 3 DEEP magazines which I'm really interested to see how they are going to get themselves out of this hole that they've dug themselves in to.

To me, it's not about the money I've given them. I'm severely disappointed in the band that I looked up to as a kid. I joined the 10c when I was 14 and had to figure out how to pay for my membership in 1996. The singles were the world to me because they used to be rare. I think it's pathetic how they now treat their fan club and they've been doing it for a few years now. Back in the day, the 10c used to mean a lot more than it does now and I think that's a huge disconnect from the older members and the newer members. I don't feel any animosity towards the people that don't care that they haven't delivered we've paid for.

I would hope that Pearl Jam and the 10c feel bad for the current situation but nothing has pointed to this being the case. The only apology we've received was from Tim Bierman and he wasn't sorry for the 10c screwing this up, he was only sorry to the people that expressed frustration(his words, not mine).
    i can't help but think the band sort of resents many of the older fans.  I think back to the tours where seniority got you the best seats and it would literally be the same handful of people in the front for every show.  I remember Eddie saying something about that on stage.  I think those people tended to be a little off as well.  Not defending the band, but I'm just trying to understand where they might be coming from with their obvious disdain for us.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,601
    I’m a little disappointed the singles are no more...I say a little disappointed because I realize it’s a first world problem and there are far more pressing concerns for one and all these days. Having said that it was always exciting to receive these while anticipating what would actually be released. It was certainly a little gem from the band just for the fan club and it felt like it flew under the radar for the most part. Mind you 20 years ago bandwidth isn’t what it is today and the fan club has been able to expand while developing a more direct connection with the band and suddenly you didn’t need to wait months to hear news. I get it...it’s evolution but the old fart in me still looks back at the fan club past with warm feelings while shaking my proverbial fists at you youngin today with your airbuds and your parking assists and your indifference towards these 45’s*

*sarcasm alert.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    It seems like band has gotten rich and maybe the fans are little less a priority? Or they don’t care or they forgot or they thought Stone was handling it or they are caught up in the democratic debates or they each got a insta pot and have been coming up with new receipts ? 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,179
    100 Pacer said:
    I’m a little disappointed the singles are no more...I say a little disappointed because I realize it’s a first world problem and there are far more pressing concerns for one and all these days. Having said that it was always exciting to receive these while anticipating what would actually be released. It was certainly a little gem from the band just for the fan club and it felt like it flew under the radar for the most part. Mind you 20 years ago bandwidth isn’t what it is today and the fan club has been able to expand while developing a more direct connection with the band and suddenly you didn’t need to wait months to hear news. I get it...it’s evolution but the old fart in me still looks back at the fan club past with warm feelings while shaking my proverbial fists at you youngin today with your airbuds and your parking assists and your indifference towards these 45’s*

*sarcasm alert.
    Do we know if how long you've been in the club lines up with how much you're sweating the singles? I'm an old and firmly in the "don't care enough to say mean shit about the band/10C" camp.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    smile6680 said:
    For the past 20 years or so I have never cared for anything other than having access to ten club tickets. I do think the people who enjoy the singles should have received them and for the life of me why are people defending the tenclub/band for not fulfilling their end of an agreement. It's okay to criticize them. 
    I think it's because we don't know if it's the 10c or the band.  If it's the band it explains why the 10c doesn't say much.   It doesn't look good if they keep putting out updates saying they are waiting on the band.  First rule of management is shit goes uphill not downhill :)
  • Options
    stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    No one truly knows what goes on in that world so it’s all conjecture. 

But the fact still remains we paid for something that they haven’t, cant or won’t deliver. No one should be losing their heads over first world problems like a couple of 45s, no question but it’s not right. Simple as that. 

Just put it out, anything will do, Ed reciting the alphabet, an extended mix of the writers block typewriter thing at the end of binaural. Or else provide a refund. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

*sarcasm alert.
    So true....all of it. I remember the rumour pit, and the waiting for the rock magazine in the Uk every Weds for some tidbit on the world of Pearl Jam......I recall the vitalogy and No code era specifically - scouring pages for a quote from the band......

These days its in the news within 10 minutes of it being said. 

Im an old romantic too, I love a CD. But this year i got a log in to Apple Music.......after abstaining for years to succumb to the spotify movement, and instantly regretted not doing it years earlier. Even Dinosaurs need to evolve Eric.....
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    I'm only here to watch the very funny gifs. Explosions, derailing trains, funny faces... keep em coming.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,650
    Peak Christmas single time was that post Yield era and having Strangest Tribe and Driftin show up on my doorstep.   Magical. 
  • Options
    I'm only here to watch the very funny gifs. Explosions, derailing trains, funny faces... keep em coming.
    Here's to another year of the same. I dont think we can count that out. I mean back in 2016 did we ever think we wouldnt be getting  the single this decade. Im a non believer in the 2017 typo btw. 
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    FR181798 said:
    Here's to another year of the same. I dont think we can count that out. I mean back in 2016 did we ever think we wouldnt be getting  the single this decade. Im a non believer in the 2017 typo btw. 
    I predict next year there will be a lot of new posts in this very thread, other explosion gifs and funny faces memes, and other posts by Tim Bierm... sorry, Tim Simmons, telling us how useless it is to keep posting the same stuff over and over. I'm a clairvoyant.

ps: all of the above is not to be taken seriously. Any complaints, send them to Jammalambo's lawyer, Frederick F. Ucker.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
     :o 
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,999
    Peak Christmas single time was that post Yield era and having Strangest Tribe and Driftin show up on my doorstep.   Magical. 
    As far as I’m concerned this was the far and away the best single. Could have straight up been a one off like Merkin
  • Options
    Should we start a poll. What will happen first, Trump releases his tax records. Or Pearl jam releases the holiday singles
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    Zod said:
    smile6680 said:
    I think it's because we don't know if it's the 10c or the band.  If it's the band it explains why the 10c doesn't say much.   It doesn't look good if they keep putting out updates saying they are waiting on the band.  First rule of management is shit goes uphill not downhill :)
    The Ten Club is part of the Pearl Jam LLC which is the band.
This discussion has been closed.