Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Vanilla Coke is marginally better than Coke Zero Peach but not even in the same league as Cherry Coke.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    FR181798 said:
    Vanilla Coke is marginally better than Coke Zero Peach but not even in the same league as Cherry Coke.
    I definitely prefer canned Cherry over canned Vanilla.  But a real vanilla Coke, soda shop style, is tough to beat.
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 794
    I figured the free Can't Deny Me single download was the 2017 single (2016 being the R&R HOF singles, even though they were recorded in April of 2017)???  Okay, now I'm even more confused, but I'll take the singles.  Thanks PJ.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I figured the free Can't Deny Me single download was the 2017 single (2016 being the R&R HOF singles, even though they were recorded in April of 2017)???  Okay, now I'm even more confused, but I'll take the singles.  Thanks PJ.
    it was billed as Side A of 2017 Ten Club Single and also first single off album 11. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    Free at last... Thank God almighty we are free at last. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,976
    on2legs said:
    JimmyV said:
    I thought the AG complaint was a bridge too far when we first heard about it. But I won't lie, I'm glad it actually forced Tim Bierman to comment on the issue.
    I just want to know if the AG’s investigation ends with no arrests does that mean we won’t see anymore posts from all the legal scholars here declaring “breach of contract” and “fraud”?
    Breach of contract is a civil claim.  Fraud can be either civil or criminal.  No one would be arrested as a result of civil claims of breach of contract or fraud.  Perhaps you shouldn't be casting aspersions on purported legal scholars until you understand these basic facts.

At the moment, there is a prima facie case for breach of contract under general principles of law.  (Caveat: I have no knowledge of Washington state law, which could have its own wrinkles.  I'm not even sure that the contract is governed under Washington state law.)  It's a completely separate question whether someone would find it worthwhile to spend the time and money necessary to bring a civil lawsuit in an attempt to either force performance of the contract or to recover money damages for his or her losses.  The only way it would possibly make sense from a lawyer's perspective is as a class action on behalf of all analog members of the Ten Club.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    PB11041 said:
    I hope we never get the singles so this thread can go on until I die.
    HAHAHA
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    BF25394 said:
    on2legs said:
    JimmyV said:
    I thought the AG complaint was a bridge too far when we first heard about it. But I won't lie, I'm glad it actually forced Tim Bierman to comment on the issue.
    I just want to know if the AG’s investigation ends with no arrests does that mean we won’t see anymore posts from all the legal scholars here declaring “breach of contract” and “fraud”?
    Breach of contract is a civil claim.  Fraud can be either civil or criminal.  No one would be arrested as a result of civil claims of breach of contract or fraud.  Perhaps you shouldn't be casting aspersions on purported legal scholars until you understand these basic facts.

At the moment, there is a prima facie case for breach of contract under general principles of law.  (Caveat: I have no knowledge of Washington state law, which could have its own wrinkles.  I'm not even sure that the contract is governed under Washington state law.)  It's a completely separate question whether someone would find it worthwhile to spend the time and money necessary to bring a civil lawsuit in an attempt to either force performance of the contract or to recover money damages for his or her losses.  The only way it would possibly make sense from a lawyer's perspective is as a class action on behalf of all analog members of the Ten Club.
    Let it go and join the celebration!  The singles are on their way!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

pjl44 said:
    If there's any question why the Ten Club has publicly expressed contempt toward a segment of their fanbase, look at how people will line up behind a person who feels it's appropriate to get the state AG's office involved over a pair of $10 records
    It's a pair of $10 records owed to thousands, possibly tens of thousands, of consumers.  It's exactly the kind of thing that consumer protection agencies in government are set up to police.  It is also exactly the kind of thing that many successful class action lawsuits have been waged over.
  • EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 473
    back on topic, what's coffee like in Hawaii?
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
    pjl44 said:
    The Ten Club has brought me a great deal of joy over the years. It bugs me to see a "fan" try to use the state AG's office to some end over 2 unfulfilled records. Request a refund, cancel your membership, or stop spending money? That strikes me as an appropriate consumer response to a business with a long delay in shipping $20 of goods. But we all understand why few people (if anyone) go that route. It also bugs me that other "fans" either see that as appropriate or at least won't call it out. If my neighbor blows leaves into my yard, I don't throw a rock through his window.
    Do you have information that the individual who filed this complaint did not request a refund?

Do you understand how easy it is to file a complaint with the Washington AG's office?  It's a form you submit on the Internet.  It can take less than five minutes.  It is not a violent act like throwing a rock through a window.  A better analogy would be that your neighbor keeps blowing leaves into your yard, you ask him to please stop blowing leaves into your yard, he ignores you, you ask again and again, he continues to blow leaves into your yard and ignore you, and you reluctantly file a complaint.  No rock-throwing involved-- not to mention the fact that you didn't pay your neighbor financial consideration for the right not to have leaves blown into your yard.

It is entirely appropriate to register a complaint with a consumer regulator when a business has been engaging in bad business practices.  I don't understand why you see this as beyond the pale.  Ten Club is a business.

There is an incredible irony in you being so offended that someone would have the audacity to bring a consumer complaint claiming that a band has failed to deliver a promised benefit that he paid for (along with likely tens of thousands of other people), when the band in question famously made a huge stink about Ticketmaster imposing unjustified fees on ticket purchases, and did so on behalf of consumers (i.e., their fans and music fans in general).  This guy submitted a form on the Internet to register a complaint and succeeded in getting a long-overdue response.  Pearl Jam members gave testimony before the U.S. Congress.  If they don't support this guy's right to complain, they have a lot of explaining to do.

• It was you wasn't it?

It was you wasn't it?

The guy who brought the complaint already identified himself.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Identified himself and shared Bierman's response. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • FR181798 said:
    demetrios said:

2017 & 2018 MEMBER BENEFIT UPDATE

NEWS SEPTEMBER 10 2019

The 2017 & 2018 Ten Club Singles and Deep Magazines are being finalized.

If you had an Analog membership in 2017 and/or 2018, you will be contacted via email with a reminder to update your mailing address once production finishes.

Note: If you had an Analog membership for both years, the 2017 & 2018 Ten Club Singles and Deep Magazines will be shipped together in one package.

All 2017 and 2018 Members will be notified when the applicable digital copies of these are made available for you to download from your account.

/end thread. 
    Easy, man. We still have a vanilla vs cherry coke discussion pending on here.
    Hows that even a discussion. Cherry coke every time. Why does vanilla coke even exist. Glad the singles are being finalized although that term should still keep this thread ticking over until Christmas. One things for certain, these are forthcoming. 

There's that Orange Cream Coke disaster mess.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Can I just pay 5 dollars a year and keep my seniority number and that's all I get. Once again most people I speak to at the concerts are only members to keep their number. Ten club would either fold or lose the majority of their membership dues if they got rid of seniority. They know they can jerk us around because of it. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    it was billed as Side A of 2017 Ten Club Single and also first single off album 11. 
    I think those were all CMS misfires, someone just loaded the link quickly into archived messages and fixed somethings but not all.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

PB11041 said:
    I think those were all CMS misfires, someone just loaded the link quickly into archived messages and fixed somethings but not all.  
    english please?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PB11041 said:
    english please?
    I think that the digital release for Can't Deny Me was loaded into the Content Management System that Pearl Jam's tenclub uses on a pre-existing message, you can just duplicate those.  And I don't think they modified the message properly.  It very clearly was a one off release, in the moment, not part of a bigger release.

• KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    Enzed said:
    back on topic, what's coffee like in Hawaii?
    Overrated

I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    english please?
    I think that the digital release for Can't Deny Me was loaded into the Content Management System that Pearl Jam's tenclub uses on a pre-existing message, you can just duplicate those.  And I don't think they modified the message properly.  It very clearly was a one off release, in the moment, not part of a bigger release.
    it was part of a newsletter that came out specifically saying it was "from the forthcoming Pearl Jam album". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    BF25394 said:
    It was you wasn't it?

The guy who brought the complaint already identified himself.
    It was me that filed the complaint. I've actually met the AG of Washington State. I got the idea of filing a formal complaint with his office because he spoke at my service club group. He went in to all that his office deals with and consumer complaints were some of thing things at the top of his list. Most of the time nothing too formal comes of it. The AG's office steps in and asks the business to respond to a complaint but will not take legal action or give legal advice. This is exactly what happened with this situation. He specifically said that if someone has a consumer complaint, to go to his web site and fill out the form.
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    english please?
    it was part of a newsletter that came out specifically saying it was "from the forthcoming Pearl Jam album". 
    I realize that, and they also archive all of their newsletters and there is a distinct different between the original email, and the archived version.  So my point is, when they sent the first email, it was a cut and paste of job.  

So the photos kind of got jumbled.
    In the initial email it did kind of look like it was the "2017 Single".  

The archived version strips out all of that and just says Pearl Jam has a new song.

The follow up email that came on 3.13.2018 is not archived at all, and that references from the forthcoming album.

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    It remains possible that Can't Deny Me was from an album forthcoming at that time, and that album has since been scrapped. Not saying I believe that is what happened but it is possible. Whatever album comes out this year or next may look nothing like what was once believed to be forthcoming.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    It remains possible that Can't Deny Me was from an album forthcoming at that time, and that album has since been scrapped. Not saying I believe that is what happened but it is possible. Whatever album comes out this year or next may look nothing like what was once believed to be forthcoming.
    Exactly. Wasnt Oh My God and Atlas Shugged suppose to be on Chinede Democracy. 7 years later. Things had changed. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 5 more hours for my first Diet Coke free day in a long, long time.  Stay strong Bootlegger.

Also, the newsletter didn’t really say anything new about the singles.  Although, I would expect they are close to being completed.  
  • PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    english please?
    I realize that, and they also archive all of their newsletters and there is a distinct different between the original email, and the archived version.  So my point is, when they sent the first email, it was a cut and paste of job.  
    Is it anyway to know when they changed the wording in the archived version -- was it different from the getgo or has it been revised on a later date?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    PB11041 said:
    So the photos kind of got jumbled.
    In the initial email it did kind of look like it was the "2017 Single".  

The archived version strips out all of that and just says Pearl Jam has a new song.

The follow up email that came on 3.13.2018 is not archived at all, and that references from the forthcoming album.

cool. thanks!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

This discussion has been closed.