The Food Thread

Comments

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I just tried my first London Fog with oat milk. It is beautiful. A London Fog is a latte but with Earl Grey tea. Yummy!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    tis the season!
    I'll have to post the finished products when I get them made, ketchup on the left, relish on the right.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    I have another bushel of tomatoes but they wouldn't fit in the picture.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Looks great!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited August 2019
    A rif on Peruvian chicken tonight. Not sure how I never heard about this.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Interested to learn about this 

Took a chicken out of the freezer today, to cook tomorrow.  Perhaps it will have a Peruvian twist?
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Moroccan chicken tagine. One of my favourites.

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    That looks good.

Laying everything out, the five year old is helping me make lasagna.
    Chicken still thawing, will roast tomorrow.

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    edited August 2019

Made some Korean Spicy Pork yesterday. Marinated the thin strips of pork shoulder for about 4 hours.
    Post edited by eddiec on
    eddiec said:

Made some Korean Spicy Pork yesterday. Marinated the thin strips of pork shoulder for about 4 hours.
    This looks awesome. What is the marinade?
    edited August 2019
    eddiec said:

3 cloves garlic, minced
    onion sliced thin
    teaspoon ginger, minced
    1/4 cup korean chili paste- gochujang (I went to the asian market and bought it premade)
    1/4 cup soy
    3 tbsp rice vinegar
    1 tbsp sesame oil
    1 tbsp sugar
    4-5 stems from spring onion
    black pepper
    (recipe called for chili flakes as well but i left them out as paste i Bought seemed spicy enough. It was.)
    Post edited by eddiec on
    Interested to learn about this 

Took a chicken out of the freezer today, to cook tomorrow.  Perhaps it will have a Peruvian twist?
    So the way I did it, it was essentially grilled chicken with the green sauce so don’t think it was the exact thing but the sauce was delicious. Will be doing it again though 
    Interesting.  
    Fucking lasagna, when done right, is brilliant.
    I didn't make the pasta, used dried, but that is probably the only way I feel it could have improved.

That looks really fucking good 
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Interesting.  
    Fucking lasagna, when done right, is brilliant.
    I didn't make the pasta, used dried, but that is probably the only way I feel it could have improved.

Hell yeah! Looks great!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    eddiec said:
    eddiec said:

3 cloves garlic, minced
    onion sliced thin
    teaspoon ginger, minced
    1/4 cup korean chili paste- gochujang (I went to the asian market and bought it premade)
    1/4 cup soy
    3 tbsp rice vinegar
    1 tbsp sesame oil
    1 tbsp sugar
    black pepper
    (recipe called for chili flakes as well but i left them out as paste i Bought seemed spicy enough. It was.)
    I recently purchased gochujang and gochugaru from my local Asian supermarket.
    Brilliant ingredients. 
    I might try making what you made as it looks nice. Is that kimchi in the small bowl?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    That looks good.
    It sure is. My nieces love it.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    rgambs said:
    tis the season!
    I'll have to post the finished products when I get them made, ketchup on the left, relish on the right.
    I could not have been more disappointed in our garden this year. Worst haul yet.

This, on the other hand, looks splendid!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I just tried my first London Fog with oat milk. It is beautiful. A London Fog is a latte but with Earl Grey tea. Yummy!
    Stop it. That's a jacket from the 80's and you know it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    rgambs said:
    tis the season!
    I could not have been more disappointed in our garden this year. Worst haul yet.

This, on the other hand, looks splendid!
    My pepper crop went bunk again and I am NOT HAPPY.
    Time to start my own seeds because the greenhouse stock isn't cutting it.  
    eddiec said:
    eddiec said:

3 cloves garlic, minced
    onion sliced thin
    teaspoon ginger, minced
    1/4 cup soy
    3 tbsp rice vinegar
    1 tbsp sesame oil
    1 tbsp sugar
    black pepper
    I recently purchased gochujang and gochugaru from my local Asian supermarket.
    Brilliant ingredients. 
    I might try making what you made as it looks nice. Is that kimchi in the small bowl?
    It is, but it actually didn't go well with the dish. The pork was spicy and a non-spicy (refreshing) vegetable would have been better. Next time I'll have cucumber or something with it.
    Made a Thai red curry the last two nights. I buy the curry paste.

• wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Desert
    Made with apples from the market 

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    wasa1971 said:
    Desert
    Made with apples from the market 

I would love a slice of that, looks delicious!!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    I'm not a big candy bar guy, which is probably why I had never heard of this before last week, when I bought one while getting some gas when it was positioned on the counter, inside.

This is perhaps the best candy bar ever.

^^^ it's pretty damn good, but I still prefer a classic 5th Avenue!

rgambs said:
    ^^^ it's pretty damn good, but I still prefer a classic 5th Avenue!

In the freezer?  5th Ave, so good!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Best candy bar ever!  So of course because it's my fucking favorite, it gets discontinued.
    Best candy bar ever!  So of course because it's my fucking favorite, it gets discontinued.
    That was a good one.
    They are mostly good...again, I eat probably 3-4 candy bars a year at this point.  At one time I ate one probably every other day.
    Butterfinger and Reese's Cups were my go-tos.
    Also liked Whatchamacallits.
    Frozen Snickers bars.

Trying to think of one I did not care for:
    Mounds.
    Another?
    Hershey's.  I would eat it...but, why?  Next to it on the shelves were things like the ones named above...and Twix...and Skor....and Three Musketeers.

Wonder how many of the ingredients in these things are 'real food' - lol.