• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Samsonite...I was way off 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Report: 76ers re-sign Ennis to 2-year, $4.1M deal
    4h ago
    Mitchell Leff / Getty Images Sport / Getty
    PHILADELPHIA PA - MAY 05 James Ennis III 11 of the Philadelphia 76ers shoots the ball against the Toronto Raptors in Game Four of the Eastern Conference Semifinals at the Wells Fargo Center on May 5 2019 in Philadelphia Pennsylvania The Raptors defeated the 76ers 101-96

The Philadelphia 76ers are bringing back James Ennis on a two-year, $4.1-million deal, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.

Ennis reportedly declined more lucrative offers from multiple teams.

The 29-year-old has played for six teams in five seasons since entering the league in 2014. The 76ers acquired him from the Houston Rockets ahead of February's trade deadline and he played a crucial reserve role in the playoffs.

Ennis remains a strong perimeter defender who has flashed some potential as a 3-point shooter.

He averaged 6.7 points and 3.1 rebounds across 58 games with Houston and Philadelphia last season.

cutz said:
    4h ago
    PHILADELPHIA PA - MAY 05 James Ennis III 11 of the Philadelphia 76ers shoots the ball against the Toronto Raptors in Game Four of the Eastern Conference Semifinals at the Wells Fargo Center on May 5 2019 in Philadelphia Pennsylvania The Raptors defeated the 76ers 101-96

The Philadelphia 76ers are bringing back James Ennis on a two-year, $4.1-million deal, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.

The 29-year-old has played for six teams in five seasons since entering the league in 2014. The 76ers acquired him from the Houston Rockets ahead of February's trade deadline and he played a crucial reserve role in the playoffs.

Ennis remains a strong perimeter defender who has flashed some potential as a 3-point shooter.

He averaged 6.7 points and 3.1 rebounds across 58 games with Houston and Philadelphia last season.

Think I saw they have room for two more vet minimum contracts now? Get a couple aging ring chasers to round out the bench.

Korver should be bought out at some point. I'd love to figure out a way to get him here. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    cutz said:
    4h ago

Think I saw they have room for two more vet minimum contracts now? Get a couple aging ring chasers to round out the bench.

Korver should be bought out at some point. I'd love to figure out a way to get him here. 
    back up PG? Are we counting on Shake for that?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Beat it Kawhi
    chinese-happy.jpg
    cutz said:
    I think this a good thing. Playing against inferior competition for a couple weeks isn't going to do much for him. I want him in the gym every single day working on that jumper
    chinese-happy.jpg
    cutz said:
    I think this a good thing. Playing against inferior competition for a couple weeks isn't going to do much for him. I want him in the gym every single day working on that jumper
    Not all competition is weak that   they would play. Plus, i wanted to see him play in meaningful games(it is the World Championship-yes i call it that still) and see if he actually would take some shots outside of 5 feet. Maybe the Extension he signed has something to do with him not playing? or does he think he's not ready because his shot is still shit? 

I just checked and Australia in a pretty good Group:

Group H

1 CAN Canada
    2 SEN Senegal
    3 LTU Lithuania
    4 AUS Australia

I read a lot of Aussie fans are not happy he's not playing. Some said they bought tickets because Simmons was playing?

cutz said:
    cutz said:
    Not all competition is weak that   they would play. Plus, i wanted to see him play in meaningful games(it is the World Championship-yes i call it that still) and see if he actually would take some shots outside of 5 feet. Maybe the Extension he signed has something to do with him not playing? or does he think he's not ready because his shot is still shit? 

Group H

1 CAN Canada
    2 SEN Senegal
    3 LTU Lithuania
    4 AUS Australia

I read a lot of Aussie fans are not happy he's not playing. Some said they bought tickets because Simmons was playing?

But it's weak compared to his standards in the NBA. I would think that would make it easy for him to just drive down the lane and dunk on everyone rather working on improving his game with that coach he's working with out west. Maybe I'm wrong.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    cutz said:
    cutz said:

Group H

1 CAN Canada
    2 SEN Senegal
    3 LTU Lithuania
    4 AUS Australia

But it's weak compared to his standards in the NBA. I would think that would make it easy for him to just drive down the lane and dunk on everyone rather working on improving his game with that coach he's working with out west. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Yeah, of course  it's weaker then  the NBA competition(overall), so maybe he would let some jumpers fly in a competitive game?
    I wanted Korver, but now he's a Buck. (76ers Comp.)

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1800290

Bucks land veteran Korver on 1-year deal
    2h ago
    Melissa Majchrzak / National Basketball Association / Getty
    SALT LAKE CITY UT - MARCH 29 Kyle Korver 26 of the Utah Jazz handles the ball during the game against the Washington Wizards on March 29 2019 at vivintSmartHome Arena in Salt Lake City Utah Mandatory Copyright Notice Copyright 2019 NBAE

The Milwaukee Bucks agreed to a one-year, $2.6-million deal with Kyle Korver, his agent told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Korver also seriously considered the Philadelphia 76ers, but his relationship and history with Milwaukee head coach Mike Budenholzer were significant factors in his decision, Wojnarowski reports, citing league sources.

The 38-year-old Korver played some of his best basketball under Budenholzer during their tenure with the Atlanta Hawks. Korver made his lone All-Star appearance in 2015 and posted his second- and third-best career scoring average and 3-point percentage in Budenholzer's system.

Korver will add to the arsenal of outside shooters on a Bucks team that ranked second in the Association in triples made and attempted per game during the 2018-19 season.

Milwaukee incurs a $1.6-million cap hit on the contract, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks.

Korver was waived by the Phoenix Suns in early July and also reportedly considered signing with the Los Angeles Lakers.

He averaged 8.6 points on 41.6 percent shooting - including a 39.7 percent mark from distance - across 70 appearances this past season. The sharpshooter owns a career 42.9 percent clip from downtown and ranks fourth all time with 2,351 triples made.

Damnit
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited July 2019
    Anyone see the footage of Ben actually shooting the ball yesterday? Form is better but still isn't great but.....god damn.....if he just starts attempting those kinds of shots it will make him such a better player. Just give me 4 or 5 attempts a game.

I can't wait for this season to start.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Anyone see the footage of Ben actually shooting the ball yesterday? Form is better but still isn't great but.....god damn.....if he just starts attempting those kinds of shots it will make him such a better player. Just give me 4 or 5 attempts a game.

I can't wait for this season to start.
    Yes, i saw the video.

Agree: he has to at least attempt  some Jumpers every game. Like Giannis does, even though he's not a good shooter also.
    The videos are nice but I need to see it in a real game rather than a scrimmage that's set up for him. He can't pass up open 3's anymore. Let it fly.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    The videos are nice but I need to see it in a real game rather than a scrimmage that's set up for him. He can't pass up open 3's anymore. Let it fly.
    He is playing against other NBA guys though. I think Wiggins was one of them.

Hey for late July, I'm happy good with what I'm seeing thus far. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Here's the shooter the 76ers been trying to get:

76ers re-sign Korkmaz to 2-year deal
    1d ago
    Jesse D. Garrabrant / National Basketball Association / Getty
    PHILADELPHIA PA - April 23 Furkan Korkmaz 30 of the Philadelphia 76ers handles the ball against the Brooklyn Nets during Round One Game Five of the 2019 NBA Playoffs on April 23 2019 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia Pennsylvania NOTE TO USER User expressly acknowledges and agrees that by downloading andor using this Photograph user is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement Mandatory Copyright Notice Copyright 2019 NBAE

The Philadelphia 76ers are bringing back Furkan Korkmaz on a two-year deal, his agent, Mike Lindeman, told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

The first year of the contract reportedly will be fully guaranteed, sources informed Wojnarowski.

Philadelphia drafted Korkmaz 26th overall in 2016 but declined his 2019-20 option. However, the team found itself in desperate need of depth after failing to re-sign JJ Redick and missing out on veteran sharpshooter Kyle Korver.

The Turkish guard will likely play a significant role in the Sixers' perimeter rotation after showing growth in his sophomore campaign, averaging 5.8 points and 2.2 rebounds in 14.1 minutes per contest.

All things considered this might be a good pickup?

Report: 76ers, Burke agree to 1-year contract
    7m ago
    Glenn James / National Basketball Association / Getty
    DALLAS TX - APRIL 5  Trey Burke 23 of the Dallas Mavericks handles the ball during the game against the Memphis Grizzlies on April 5 2019 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas Texas Mandatory Copyright Notice Copyright 2019 NBAE

The Philadelphia 76ers and free-agent point guard Trey Burke have agreed to a one-year contract, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.

More to come.

Pg off the bench who can shoot a little and create his own shot. Yeah sign me up. 

This team is going to be really fucking good 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    I just moved to Philly from the Pittsburgh area. I’m living in the Fishtown/Northern Liberties area, so stoked to be within public transit distance of where the Sixers will be playing 41+ games every year. Feels surreal. Hope to see some of you there this season! 
    ^
    Welcome to the Delaware Valley!

The latest Simmons videos has me really excited for the season. Form finally looks pretty good. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    RiotZact said:
    I just moved to Philly from the Pittsburgh area. I’m living in the Fishtown/Northern Liberties area, so stoked to be within public transit distance of where the Sixers will be playing 41+ games every year. Feels surreal. Hope to see some of you there this season! 
    Welcome to Philly. For whatever reason seeing a lot of Pittsburgh peeps making their way eastward lately. I hope you enjoy your time here!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    RiotZact said:
    just don't be a freaking Crosby and Pens fan here. fuck them.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Got tickets to the home opener against the Celts!
    Few weeks away
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    I like where your head's at
    chinese-happy.jpg