Where would you rather live the US or Sweden

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
Maybe this will keep those other threads from closing.
Give Peas A Chance…

Where would you rather live the US or Sweden 43 votes

U.S.A.
51%
cincybearcatjeffbrmcgruff10vaggar99bootlegger10The JugglerDirtie_Frankmfc2006PJPOWERjwhjr17RYMEcp3iversoneddiecPapF Me In The Brainmrussel1Jason7192riley540RunIntoTheRainRenfield 22 votes
Sweden
18%
MayDay10goldrushWhyNotSwedenrustneversleepsSmellymanrgambsConorKavanaghJPPJ84 8 votes
Canada
18%
Dead Man WalkingMoonpigSpiritual_ChaosOnWis97BLACK35PJ_SoulLerxst1992Meltdown99 8 votes
Anywhere but those 3
2%
tempo_n_groove 1 vote
Anywhere other than planet earth
9%
lastexitlondonbrianluxOffSheGoes35Hi! 4 votes

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Canada
    I'm not leaving Canada.  But the US is my second choice.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    It's too fucking hot here.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    U.S.A.
    I voted USA, Sweden is too cold...both weather wise and personality of the citizens wise.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Stupid thread but I can see the need for it after trying to wade through the other threads here this morning.

Some people need to grow thicker skin around here or start using the ignore feature.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    U.S.A.
    Sweden seems like the game Candy Land, simple and cute, but will drive you nuts and you are at the mercy of the characters (government). The US is more like Settlers of Catan, work hard and reap the fruits (or grain, brick, lumber and ore lol) of your labor! 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    Sweden seems like the game Candy Land, simple and cute, but will drive you nuts and you are at the mercy of the characters (government). The US is more like Settlers of Catan, work hard and reap the fruits (or grain, brick, lumber and ore lol) of your labor! 
    To me, Sweden reminds me of those little green ant farms.  They are taken care of and fed, but they really don’t have too many opportunities to grow or become more than a bitter old government fed Swede.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    U.S.A.
    dignin said:
    Stupid thread but I can see the need for it after trying to wade through the other threads here this morning.

Some people need to grow thicker skin around here or start using the ignore feature.
    Why should one be obligated to ignore?  
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Sweden
    I‘m starting to think I missed the point of this thread, if it ever truly had one... wtf are you people on about?!
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    U.S.A.
    5. The government of Sweden controls your access to alcohol.
    In the decade after the second world war, Sweden was really struggling with the problem of alcoholism. After trying several other methods of cracking down on this issue, the government decided on a policy that they called Systembolaget in 1955. This structure is the government-controlled alcohol store, and it is the only place you can purchase products that contain more than 3.5% alcohol.

Is this true?  If so - reason enough to not vote for Sweden!
    hippiemom = goodness
    U.S.A.
    dignin said:

Or you know, not just repeating the same stuff that isn't even remotely on topic over and over and over in multiple threads.  It's not hard.  I understand things go off topic from time to time, but when pointed out, how about not be a dick and keep doing it?
    hippiemom = goodness
    dignin said:

Or you know, not just repeating the same stuff that isn't even remotely on topic over and over and over in multiple threads.  It's not hard.  I understand things go off topic from time to time, but when pointed out, how about not be a dick and keep doing it?
    Takes two to tango.
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

Why should one be obligated to ignore?  
    For thread integrity, and my sanity.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    U.S.A.
    I’d like to visit Sweden, but I like living here even though our country can be incredibly fucked up at times.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Takes two to tango.
    This ain’t tango. It’s an Internet messageboard. Like his admitted sex life, it only takes one.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    edited July 2019
    It's too fucking hot here.
    Ain't it the truth! :lol:

I think I'd like to try Saturn.  I'm guessing that's where Sun Ra is after visiting Earth for so many years.  I saw him and his band three times- all amazing experiences.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

U.S.A.
    ^ Doh!  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited July 2019
    U.S.A.
    Lucky number 13 for me! Sweden is ranked lower than the US at 14.  
    https://ceoworld.biz/2019/04/11/best-quality-of-life-2019/

So Sweden is the worst of the Scandinavian countries, doesn't sound that great of a country.  Sucks to suck.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    man, for all the whining that americans do about how they get shit on by the rest of the world, those same people sure like to shit on other countries. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

U.S.A.
    man, for all the whining that americans do about how they get shit on by the rest of the world, those same people sure like to shit on other countries. 
    Long time coming my friend. 
    U.S.A.
    mcgruff10 said:

So Sweden is the worst of the Scandinavian countries, doesn't sound that great of a country.  Sucks to suck.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mcgruff10 said:
    that's the attitude of a child. 

the same could honestly be said about how everyone shits on america. we have been getting "america is the fucking BEST" rammed down our throats all our lives. some just like to point out facts. not just government-funded anecdotes to get you to join the fucking army and die for oil. oh, whoops, I mean FREEDOM. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

U.S.A.
    mcgruff10 said:

the same could honestly be said about how everyone shits on america. we have been getting "america is the fucking BEST" rammed down our throats all our lives. some just like to point out facts. not just government-funded anecdotes to get you to join the fucking army and die for oil. oh, whoops, I mean FREEDOM. 
    Sorry you feel that way, but you're generalizing quite a bit.  McGruff did not post gov't propaganda, he posted data.  What's the issue with that?
    U.S.A.
    mcgruff10 said:

Nah man this is all about 1 persons relentless posts in any thread.  You got this wrong.  I hate Sweden now.  Never thought about it before though. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    Canada
    mcgruff10 said:

Canada all the way down to 18...wtf...I have a great quality of life.  It is all about perspective, I suppose if I was homeless, I'd have a different view...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2019
    Canada
    I would rather live in any first world country other than the USA right now. Women's rights are being attacked in the US at the moment, so that's a big no-go for me. And it's way too religious. Plus the politics obviously, and the whole racism issue, and all the guns... No thanks.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    U.S.A.
    mcgruff10 said:

I believe in karma my friend and sometimes it really does bite you in the ass.    
    But yeah I posted some data, I'm not posting propaganda posters (although I do some great lessons on WW1 and WW2 propaganda).  

U.S.A.
    mcgruff10 said:

Canada all the way down to 18...wtf...I have a great quality of life.  It is all about perspective, I suppose if I was homeless, I'd have a different view...lol
    I think your lack of a craft beer industry brought it way down.   Who the hell could be happy drinking Molson and Labatt?
    U.S.A.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I think your lack of a craft beer industry brought it way down.   Who the hell could be happy drinking Molson and Labatt?
    Solid take.

Surprisingly I found the Czech Republic to have an amazing small craft beer industry.  Didn't expect it.  Previously I found italy to be getting better but not great. Any other countries have a good craft beer scene?
    hippiemom = goodness
    U.S.A.
    5. The government of Sweden controls your access to alcohol.
    In the decade after the second world war, Sweden was really struggling with the problem of alcoholism. After trying several other methods of cracking down on this issue, the government decided on a policy that they called Systembolaget in 1955. This structure is the government-controlled alcohol store, and it is the only place you can purchase products that contain more than 3.5% alcohol.

Is this true?  If so - reason enough to not vote for Sweden!
    It's not like they did anything in World War 2 so I wonder why the rate of alcoholism went up.  I would have thought that the alcoholic rate went up in countries that actually fought in the war.  Interesting.
    Canada
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

We have a robust craft beer industry, but we also have access to Cannabis without being hassled by the police...that should move us into at least 14...
    Give Peas A Chance…
This discussion has been closed.