THE BEST DAYS ARE OVER!!

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    deadendp said:
    Riverbend? Ick. Can we get something a bit more centrally located in Ohio? Riverbend tops out at 15,000. 

Columbus?

Cleveland? 

:smiley:
    Cleveland? I already saw Ed in Cleveland - He walked past the 3rd base dugout, fists raised in the air, covered in champagne as we called his name. The smile across his face as big as ours. The day we went All the Way.  B)=);)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    deadendp said:
    Riverbend? Ick. Can we get something a bit more centrally located in Ohio? Riverbend tops out at 15,000. 

Columbus?

Cleveland? 

Cleveland? I already saw Ed in Cleveland - He walked past the 3rd base dugout, fists raised in the air, covered in champagne as we called his name. The smile across his face as big as ours. The day we went All the Way.  B)=);)
    Stop caring about sports. It will make your life richer.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Think about Harvest Moon, Broken Arrow and Silver & Gold. The best days are ahead.
    After the Gold Rush still my favorite Neil Young album. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    deadendp said:

Columbus?

Cleveland? 

I was honestly happy with either team winning. :smiley:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    Think about Harvest Moon, Broken Arrow and Silver & Gold. The best days are ahead.
    After the Gold Rush still my favorite Neil Young album. 
    I respect that.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    musicsam3 said:
    "Realize that being on that stage comes first" I hope none of Pearl Jam's members EVER "realize" that...
    Just think if Pearl Jam came out now. Being on stage would come first cause that’s how bands pay the bills now. Sorry it’s too much to ask for a band to tour 3-4 months a year or every other year. Most of us fans work 40+ hours a week in jobs we hate or put up with to pay the bills. 12 months a year. And I for one, live in a place I hate (Fresno, Ca) not in Hawaii or Seattle or somewhere nice because I can’t and most people can’t afford to move or have multiple homes. I just think if your going to go on hiatus at least inform your fan base instead of tickling us with updates every month about poster shows or limited edition vinyl that only a select few get. Sorry. Just in a bad mood from working 8 hours in 100 degree heat. Rant finished. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    deadendp said:

Columbus?

Cleveland? 

Stop caring about KISS. It will make all of our lives richer.  ;)

For so many years, the Cubs winning a World Series was my Agnes. You, if anyone should appreciate that I got my Agnes.  =)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited July 2019
    deadendp said:

Columbus?

Cleveland? 

Literally! I can't believe how much it is to attend a professional league game these days...tickets, food, parking, a ferry ride (for me, anyway), souvenirs (for my kid, anyway),...and a lot of the time I can just watch the event from the comfort of my own home!
    Edit: I do realize that you weren't being literal in your post! :-)
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Neil was younger than pj is now when he released those
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    NewJPage said:
    Neil was younger than pj is now when he released those
    But he had released a lot more albums before that... so.. in a way career wise album-to-age he was older.
    Neil still tours more than PJ and he’s almost a fossil. 
    And is more lose and mixes up the set more than PJ
    Played on the beach couple nights ago...oh my!
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    NewJPage said:
    I. Know. And it sounded great from the video :O Wanna impulse-go to Hyde Park tomorrow too see him (and Bobby Dylan) but to expensive,..

https://youtu.be/sQHvY29UHBI
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    tdawe said:
    Something I always try to keep in mind is that it's much bigger than just 6 dudes. One thing I took away from the last issue of DEEP (whenever that was) is that there a ton of people involved in the touring operation, those people are professionals, and the band is very respectful of them. Pearl Jam's crew are veterans and they're in-demand in their industry, and I can see how the one-year-on-one-year-off model that they've been more or less doing for the last few years makes some sense - they crew up in the even years for high-paying gigs at a relatively leisurely pace with a band that seems to be all good dudes, and in the odd years they're free to pick up with whatever other tours they want to, or spend more time with their families if they choose.

I'm sure all of this is true of DMB's crew as well, but it may just be a different model/relationship where they've decided they're touring every year and at a faster pace. 
    This is definitely true. A few years ago DMB didn't tour and took a year off. They announced it a year in advance because they let the crew know so they could book other gigs. 

PJ probably keeps things a little less defined and flexible.
    For sure.  PJ only needs a crew for 2-3 weeks a year.  DMB is going to need a whole summer.
    Correction.  2-3 weeks every other year. 
    Definitely not odd years.
    Maybe Leap Years. Or Light Years
    NewJPage said:
    I. Know. And it sounded great from the video :O Wanna impulse-go to Hyde Park tomorrow too see him (and Bobby Dylan) but to expensive,..

https://youtu.be/sQHvY29UHBI
    Easy for me to say, but FUCKING DO IT
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    To be fair he has 4x as many records
    Bob Dylan was one of the worst concerts I’ve ever seen. Huge letdown. 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Ha! Same here 
    Most surfers 🏄🏽 don’t have the best work ethic. 🤙🏽
    I know. I love it. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    The best days were almost 20 years ago if you’re looking for the whole package of great live band and great albums.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    deadendp said:

Columbus?

Cleveland? 

For so many years, the Cubs winning a World Series was my Agnes. You, if anyone should appreciate that I got my Agnes.  =)
    Amen to that.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    deadendp said:

Columbus?

Cleveland? 

Amen to that.
    Agnes has become a metaphor. Nice! 
    deadendp said:

Columbus?

Cleveland? 

Haha. Now I can relate.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    DewieCox said:
    The best days were almost 20 years ago if you’re looking for the whole package of great live band and great albums.
    Yep.   
    I don’t like Backspacer but I loved Lightning Bolt. But sadly, yes the best days are over. What we have now is a part time band with a semi retired output. A band that plays ballparks instead of actual touring. It’s a shame but hey, what can you do. 
    deadendp said:

Columbus?

Cleveland? 

I second this!
    Right now any venue in any state would be a welcome thing. 
    deadendp said:

Columbus?

Cleveland? 

I second this!
    LET'S BEAT METALLICAS RECORD (64 050 ppl)

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Important to remember that even if the best days are over, that does not mean there cannot be good days ahead.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    Thansk JimmyV I needed that today. Every time I see this thread it makes me think of my life, not PJ. Very depressing. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    deadendp said:

Columbus?

Cleveland? 

I second this!
    LET'S BEAT METALLICAS RECORD (64 050 ppl)

Didn't Rod Stewart play in front of 4 million in Rio?