Options

THE BEST DAYS ARE OVER!!

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,944
    I suspect they probably are working on a new album, in one way or another, but I suspected the same thing last fall and I was wrong.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I think that the point has been missed about the thread. It’s not to say the band is dead, or broken up. It’s just pointing that like all things in life, the best times are gone. Never again will we see the massive tours, even the semi consistent album cycle. The fan club singles are done. The set lists are more predictable. 

The band will probably release a couple more albums. Shows will be sporadic. Less dates, bigger venues. We are lucky that they change the set list at all. And honestly, we should all be thankful and grateful for what they have given and what’s to come. 

But it the point of the thread is to remember the past because their legacy is unmatched in my eyes. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,162

.PeArLgOoNeR said:
    They are working on a new album now. That's all I can say and probably shouldn't even be saying that to respect my source, but I just wanted to share that with other fans waiting. I'm excited!
    I've heard from someone with "connections" that the album is already done..
    I trust none of it

Supposedly soundgarden has a few Cornell vocal songs that are in decent shape but they want to clean up and have been told Matt is busy with "Pearl Jam commitments" for the next year or so
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,087
    The fact is nobody really knows. They are working on a new album. Who knows?  Maybe it comes out soon or maybe not for a year or two. Maybe they do a bigger tour or just a few stadium shows again. They clearly work at their own pace. I’m fine with all of this. I’m happy they are all still around and am confident we will get some good news in the next year. That alone keeps me engaged and excited. And although the last two records rank lower for me in the overall catalog they still had some excellent tunes on them (Got Some, Pendulum, MYM etc). I wouldn’t bet against them surprising fans with something phenomenal when they do end up putting out new music. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,844
    mcgruff10 said:
    They are working on a new album now. That's all I can say and probably shouldn't even be saying that to respect my source, but I just wanted to share that with other fans waiting. I'm excited!
    Awesome news.  thanks for sharing.  
    What are we talking here though? Still writing or actually recording some stuff? They have probably been "working" on the new album for years now. 
  • Options
    rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 130
    I think that the point has been missed about the thread. It’s not to say the band is dead, or broken up. It’s just pointing that like all things in life, the best times are gone. Never again will we see the massive tours, even the semi consistent album cycle. The fan club singles are done. The set lists are more predictable. 

The band will probably release a couple more albums. Shows will be sporadic. Less dates, bigger venues. We are lucky that they change the set list at all. And honestly, we should all be thankful and grateful for what they have given and what’s to come. 

But it the point of the thread is to remember the past because their legacy is unmatched in my eyes. 
    Well, the purpose of this  thread doesn't seem to work very well.

Anyway, for me the best days are not over yet.  I don't know  if the new album will blow me away like Yield, but I'm pretty sure my best  live experience  with them is yet come, because the one and only time I've seen them live was at a festival in 92... I really regret not going last year. 
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,987
    PJNB said:
    I am no stalker at all with this band and know very little of where they are at all times but ever since the Boston shows when exactly did they have time to all get together and put together an album? 
    Basically any time when we haven’t heard anything about any of them since last year.  Probably around the same time when threads like these pop up.
  • Options
    rahjiim said:

Anyway, for me the best days are not over yet.  I don't know  if the new album will blow me away like Yield, but I'm pretty sure my best  live experience  with them is yet come, because the one and only time I've seen them live was at a festival in 92... I really regret not going last year. 
    Yield is such a great album. Always overlooked. 

A festival in 92. That sounds like a great show. Yea. Seeing them live these days is still god damn great. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,135
    NewJPage said:
    vaggar99 said:
    i wish they would just come out and say "we hate making records.  there's no money in it.  playing shows is fun and it pays bookoos of money.  thanks for understanding."  Steve Nicks did it.
    But they don't play shows
    KISS too. Gene has said no more album unless someone garantuees they make money off it. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 130
    rahjiim said:

Yield is such a great album. Always overlooked. 

A festival in 92. That sounds like a great show. Yea. Seeing them live these days is still god damn great. 
    Roskilde 92. But I don't really rememder it, I wasn't there because of Peal Jam (and not really because of Nirwana either). What you can find on YouTube seems to do it justice.

Fortunately I was too busy to go in 2000. But that was also the last time they played in my hometown. I really should have gone. 
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 545
    We all have memories of this band that have elevated and even saved some of our lives, but man there are still some amazing fucking days and nights to come.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304

.PeArLgOoNeR said:
    I trust none of it

Supposedly soundgarden has a few Cornell vocal songs that are in decent shape but they want to clean up and have been told Matt is busy with "Pearl Jam commitments" for the next year or so
    They don't have access to Cornell demos at the moment, so they can't finish the album until they get them
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    NewJPage said:

.PeArLgOoNeR said:
    I trust none of it

They don't have access to Cornell demos at the moment, so they can't finish the album until they get them

There was word of a project without specifics.  I have heard they are having difficulty getting access to those demos as well. I mentioned it only because of the relevance to Matt.

"Soundgarden guitarist Kim Thayil indicated that Matt Cameron has upcoming Pearl Jam commitments, which should be music to the ears of fans worried about the band’s future, especially as Eddie Vedder recently revealed why the band take many hiatuses."

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,987
    Man, thats a sneaky way to get an AlternativeNation link in there. 

• Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    False. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    They are working on a new album now. 
    Unfortunately I dont' think is true. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    BTW, worst thread title ever.
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    Spill the beans if you know something!
  • Options
    Man, thats a sneaky way to get an AlternativeNation link in there. 

Haha. I'm sure that felt good. But imagine walking into this reply:

Sure Alt Nation may incorporate some click bait but they are not as wild as the following website when it comes to fake news:

"
    $1.00
    FORMAT
              FORMAT                                                                                   MP3                                                                                                                              m4a                                                                                                                              AIFF                                                                  

"Can't Deny Me" from the forthcoming Pearl Jam album. Co-produced by the band and Brendan O'Brien 

After purchase, Check order history, click View Details for downloadable .zip file link"
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,968
    NewJPage said:

.PeArLgOoNeR said:
    I trust none of it

There was word of a project without specifics.  I have heard they are having difficulty getting access to those demos as well. I mentioned it only because of the relevance to Matt.

"Soundgarden guitarist Kim Thayil indicated that Matt Cameron has upcoming Pearl Jam commitments, which should be music to the ears of fans worried about the band’s future, especially as Eddie Vedder recently revealed why the band take many hiatuses."

And what did Eddie reveal about the band’s many hiatuses? 

Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    NewJPage said:

.PeArLgOoNeR said:
    I trust none of it

Alternative Nation in a nutshell

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,254
    PJNB said:
    NewJPage said:

.PeArLgOoNeR said:
    I trust none of it

Alternative Nation in a nutshell

HAHA! Was that created specifically for this reference because it's perfect.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    Your welcome 🙏🏽 
  • Options
    vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202
    Seriously folks just enjoy the fact there is still a future. An opportunity to see them live and even unwrap a new album.

if your seeking new music check out Bahamas, or better yet head out to your local hole in the walls and support an upcoming act. 

This is not the place to be if you’re looking for something new. 

After 30 some odd years of marriage, it’s no longer about new things, it’s about comfort, trust and love. 

The memories around here are as thick as they come. The fellas owe us nothing. We should be grateful for the ride up to here and “wherever we might go”
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

First of all I will say. Any amount of PJ is better than no PJ at all. With that being said. The variety of the shows has become somewhat stale. Same couple openers, first set ends with RVM or Porch with the other usually closing out the first encore. Alive in the second encore. It just seems like they take less chances now. No big deal. But they are still light years above the bands that play the same set list every night. Shit, some bands have the same stage banter between songs. You never know what Ed’s going to say. But the holy shit sets seem to be long gone. Maybe I’m wrong but just seems like it’s easier to call the recent ones than the old ones. 

Every band as they age seem to lose the fire and drive and the music seems to become a character (I think that’s the right word) of what seemed so fresh when they and we were young. What was once so rebellious and fresh is now blah. But shit, could you imagine having to sing Even Flow for the millionth time just so Mike can pull out an epic solo. 

Look at the bands from the 60’s and 70’s now. Rebels that were game changers back then are old grandparents that just play the hits. All great bands become nostalgic acts over time. I believe this is where we are at in PJ land. It’s a shame but that’s life. 
    this is where i'm at.  I didn't think LB was bad.  I just didn't think we had to wait so long for it.  felt forced.  like an album that had to be released to justify 5 more years of touring.  same with this "in work/finished" album.  i'm just setting the bar as low as possible in hopes that there will be some level of redemption.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,911
    raindog80 said:
    Fortunately, you are wrong. But hey, you have every right to live in your pessimism. My source is not a friend of a friend of a friend who overhead someone say something in a coffee shop in Seattle. It is legit and I'm excited. What you think ain't gonna kill that.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    Fortunately, you are wrong. But hey, you have every right to live in your pessimism. My source is not a friend of a friend of a friend who overhead someone say something in a coffee shop in Seattle. It is legit and I'm excited. What you think ain't gonna kill that.
    They have been doing different projects away from each other the last several months though. What does working on the album exactly mean? They have been working on it for years. 
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    They have been doing different projects away from each other the last several months though. What does working on the album exactly mean? They have been working on it for years. 
    Haha, yup. "Working on" is pretty vague. That could mean everyone is recording little riffs on their smart phones, or "discussing" the project, or emailing snippets around. Back in the day, working on an album meant getting together and writing and recording and banging out a record. These days that doesn't happen. So what does "working on" mean? It sounds as specific as "forthcoming." 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,751
    jeffbr said:
    PJNB said:
    raindog80 said:
    Haha, yup. "Working on" is pretty vague. That could mean everyone is recording little riffs on their smart phones, or "discussing" the project, or emailing snippets around. Back in the day, working on an album meant getting together and writing and recording and banging out a record. These days that doesn't happen. So what does "working on" mean? It sounds as specific as "forthcoming." 
    That's possible but I'm going to assume that's not the case with big-time bands. I base this only on an interview I saw with James Hetfield from a few years ago. He was asked if, when the band isn't together, he records snippets to send to the other three if an idea comes to him. He got a good laugh out of the question and said "If I'm phoning up Lars and saying 'Hey! I've got a riff!', then we've got a big problem." 

Then again, I think those four guys are more on the same page than our five guys are. So who knows....
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    After Some Kind of Monster, I’m surprised James even has Lars’s phone number. 

All I can say about the new album is BRING IT ON!