U.S. Soccer Thread

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited June 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    Hope Solo just admitted this was on purpose and a tactic from the trainers/her to stress the Swedish player out:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/olympics/usas-goalkeeper-hope-solo-changed-gloves-before-swedens-winning-penalty-shootout-kick/news-story/10a43f80ad48cc3835fc9cb80a8728d8

After the match, Solo didn’t hold back in her assessment of the opposition.

“We played a bunch of cowards,” Solo told Sports Illustrated. “The better team did not win today. I strongly believe that. I think you saw American heart. You saw us give everything we had today.”

Sow what is this "american heart" exactly? Cheating? Being a weasel?

Fuck that shit.

probably gonna help if you linked where/when she said this.
    Maybe, but it not a defense for jumping to calling other members "dumbfucks" because you couldn't read a simple post.

Sleep well.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mickeyrat said:
    Hope Solo just admitted this was on purpose and a tactic from the trainers/her to stress the Swedish player out:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/olympics/usas-goalkeeper-hope-solo-changed-gloves-before-swedens-winning-penalty-shootout-kick/news-story/10a43f80ad48cc3835fc9cb80a8728d8

“We played a bunch of cowards,” Solo told Sports Illustrated. “The better team did not win today. I strongly believe that. I think you saw American heart. You saw us give everything we had today.”

Fuck that shit.

Maybe, but it not a defense for jumping to calling other members "dumbfucks" because you couldn't read a simple post.

Sleep well.
    It seems like that bothered you.  I'm quite happy being a dumbfuck.  Embrace it.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Fuck that shit.

Sleep well.
    It seems like that bothered you.  I'm quite happy being a dumbfuck.  Embrace it.  
    I would consider it a bannable offense. Would be on my "tegan and sara" board, if I ever find the time to start one.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Fuck that shit.

Sleep well.
    I would consider it a bannable offense. Would be on my "tegan and sara" board, if I ever find the time to start one.
    We all know that's what you're going for here.  It's pretty obvious and weak.  Man up.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Fuck that shit.

Sleep well.
    We all know that's what you're going for here.  It's pretty obvious and weak.  Man up.  
    ?
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Well we now know who runs to the principle...holy fuck...how lame.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    This forum could honestly be turned into a reality tv show. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    The world NEEDS a Tegan and Sara board. Make it happen. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I thought something big happened with US Soccer when I logged on and saw 55 updates to this thread I created.  And then I read through this nonsense and wish I had the last 5 mins of my life back.  I really do miss that "block user" feature from the old board.
    I thought something big happened with US Soccer when I logged on and saw 55 updates to this thread I created.  And then I read through this nonsense and wish I had the last 5 mins of my life back.  I really do miss that "block user" feature from the old board.
    There was some quality soccer talk this morning for sure. 
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    This forum could honestly be turned into a reality tv show. 
    So did you give it another try to realise how you completely misread the post?

haha.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    I haven't followed this thread carefully...but how did a 3-year article derail this thread?  Don't start a US hockey thread...you'll hear about every misstep the US hockey players have been part of...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    how did a 3-year article derail this thread?
    People are unable to read (or reread when prompter to) and thought a post was about a ”3-year article”
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I thought the same(something big happened w/USA Soccer).

Have to admit that i laughed at a lot of the Post, so i didn't lose too much of my life>LOL
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    I thought it might break open after that quick goal, but things evened out. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    Is Sweden playing in a shell like last time?
    mrussel1 said:
    Is Sweden playing in a shell like last time?
    I've resorted to listening because I'm at work and had to do work stuff.  The nerve!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    Solid win.  But our group was all second world nations that don't invest in their women's sports.  The sweep is to be expected.  Once we start playing first world Euro countries, it's going to be tougher. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Solid win.  But our group was all second world nations that don't invest in their women's sports.  The sweep is to be expected.  Once we start playing first world Euro countries, it's going to be tougher. 
    LOL.  I see what you did there...LOL
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    Just my analysis...
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Just my analysis...
    Solid analysis. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Image result for crickets
    Is Spain good?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    edited June 2019
    This is officially the dumbest argument I've ever read on here.

AND THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING!
    It's not even an argument, it's just someone with an ax to grind towards america and wants nothing to but to get into a pissing match and derail a thread and sucessfully did so.   As someone whose been on this board for 14 years and has been in some classic pissing matches, I mean ffs I once threatened to fight a fellow board who lives 20 minutes or so away from. I never once had an ax to grind or agenda, I did it cause it was just fun. 

Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

The USWNT is nothing without Heath, her level of play is unreal 

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

It's not even an argument, it's just someone with an ax to grind towards america and wants nothing to but to get into a pissing match and derail a thread and sucessfully did so.   As someone whose been on this board for 14 years and has been in some classic pissing matches, I mean ffs I once threatened to fight a fellow board who lives 20 minutes or so away from. I never once had an ax to grind or agenda, I did it cause it was just fun. 

METSFAN, YOU ARE SIMPLY A DELIGHT!
    chinese-happy.jpg

METSFAN, YOU ARE SIMPLY A DELIGHT!
    HAHA, Thank you 

Awesome win today.  Bring on France!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Lucky as shit.  That second penalty was an absolute gift and as soft as it gets.