Options

U.S. Soccer Thread

Comments

• Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Didn't stay up/wake up to watch (thankfully) but it's looking more and more like Vlatko is in over his head. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Pressure got to the ladies but the goalie almost saved them.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    Now I’m mad I was up at 5am 🤦‍♂️

goalie almost achieved a rarity by scoring and making some big saves

• Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,924
    Four goals all tournament.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    I thought this report summed it up pretty well:

“After some underwhelming performances in the group stage… the real USWNT showed up today.

Unfortunately for them, an unreal Zećira Mušović also showed up today in the Sweden goal.”

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    The better team won today on another day the outcome could be different! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I thought the Americans played better than the Swedes....but they couldn't score...and succumbed to the pressure of the PKs.  
    This was the only game I saw in this tourney, but they played well today.  

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    edited August 2023
    The better team won today on another day the outcome could be different! 
    Sweden had ONE shot on goal in a 100 & 20 minutes.

Props to the Swedish goalie. She was the player of the game.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Well now we rebuild?

This team did not have the usual fire we've seen from them before.  Need to rebuild that culture.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Is anyone interested in forming an English premier fantasy league?

Please let me know, and I can set up a league.

Thanks
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    Well now we rebuild?

This team did not have the usual fire we've seen from them before.  Need to rebuild that culture.
    I thought I heard the announcers say their were 14 players playing in their first WC?
  • Options
    cutz said:
    Well now we rebuild?

I thought I heard the announcers say their were 14 players playing in their first WC?
    Yes, A rebuild I mean management.  Top down.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    edited August 2023
    They lost, big deal

they won 2 in a row, why even play if the outcome is “ in the bag”? Another political football, if they advocated for attacking a poor mid eastern country with yellow cake or a coup when u lose an election  they’d be heroic on one side

• Options
    Well now we rebuild?

Don't have to rebuild, just re-tool/reload. 
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Well now we rebuild?

Don't have to rebuild, just re-tool/reload. 
    Retooled only if you mean better coaching.  Then yes I agree with you.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Tyler Adams to Chelsea.  Hopefully he ends up with regularly playing time and it's not another Pulisic situation there.  Thought he would have been better off going to a mid table team in the Premier League where he'd be a regular starter.
  • Options
    Tyler Adams to Chelsea.  Hopefully he ends up with regularly playing time and it's not another Pulisic situation there.  Thought he would have been better off going to a mid table team in the Premier League where he'd be a regular starter.

Deal has apparently fallen through. 
  • Options
    Man. Got a season ticket holder presale password to try and get tickets to watch Nashville SC end Inter Messi FCs run of terror. 
    I had no doubt that once resale opened prices would be insane, but I was not expecting the club to charge $300+ in the STH presale. 
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Man. Got a season ticket holder presale password to try and get tickets to watch Nashville SC end Inter Messi FCs run of terror. 
    I had no doubt that once resale opened prices would be insane, but I was not expecting the club to charge $300+ in the STH presale. 
    $300 is cheap compared to the match at LAFC....resale tickets START at $800
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Jumb0 said:

I'm not talking resale. I'm talking what the club put the tickets on sale for to season ticket holders. 
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Jumb0 said:

I'm not talking resale. I'm talking what the club put the tickets on sale for to season ticket holders. 
    I agree.....$300 is unreasonable.....I wonder how many STHs will resell
  • Options
    Were selling for 1000+ on resale here for Messi mania last night.  I tried to get tickets Saturday when they dropped but never got beyond the queue before they sold out.  

• Options
    I am surprised how pricey it is to see Messi play in the U.S.   Hasn't he ever played here before during a pre-season tour with Barca or PSG?
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,458
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I am surprised how pricey it is to see Messi play in the U.S.   Hasn't he ever played here before during a pre-season tour with Barca or PSG?
    Those are in big football stadiums. These games are in MLS soccer stadiums that are much smaller. (don't give me crap about what I am calling the sports - this is the US Soccer Thread)

And yeah, he sure is making Major League Soccer look pretty damn minor league.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Technically he has not played an MLS game yet.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Those are in big football stadiums. These games are in MLS soccer stadiums that are much smaller. (don't give me crap about what I am calling the sports - this is the US Soccer Thread)

Yep.  It's just not a good league.  And they just keep adding more and more teams to water it down even more.  Thankfully almost all of  the talented young US players are playing in Europe these days.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    I thought the Union might be the team to beat him. Nope they got destroyed, 4-1. I'm surprised i couldn't find that game on tv  anywhere though. :neutral:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I thought the Union might be the team to beat him. Nope they got destroyed, 4-1. I'm surprised i couldn't find that game on tv  anywhere though. :neutral:
    Apple?
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,458
    Apple?
    Yeah I watched it on Apple TV.

The Union played well as far as possession, but they couldn't finish and Miami obviously could. Messi only scored one of them but it was a hell of a shot. I also thought the ref was demonstrably favoring Miami, as would be expected. But a blowout nonetheless, over one of the league's top teams, by the standings at least.

And it's a game between two MLS teams. Jeez with the dumbass technicalities.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    Apple?
    Yeah I watched it on Apple TV.

The Union played well as far as possession, but they couldn't finish and Miami obviously could. Messi only scored one of them but it was a hell of a shot. I also thought the ref was demonstrably favoring Miami, as would be expected. But a blowout nonetheless, over one of the league's top teams, by the standings at least.

And it's a game between two MLS teams. Jeez with the dumbass technicalities.

oh ok, that is probably why I couldn't find it. I do have apple tv though, although not apple + (which I'm guess that is what it was on, not the free/regular aplle tv?)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly