Options

U.S. Soccer Thread

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Jumb0 said:
    CONCACAF out CONCACAF'd itself last night.

Wish they had the balls to actually do something about Mexico and their fans.

But, whatever. On to our real rivals on Sunday.
    Mexico fans are such trash.  That brutal chant and constantly throwing drinks at the players.  Just a horrible fanbase.

McKennie red card was bullshit but the one on Dest was deserved.  Those are 2 huge losses for Sunday.  Balogun was pretty much non-existent but Pulisic was incredible.  Tres a cero!

• Options
    As far as Berhalter goes, WTF?  I've never been a huge fan but what a complete waste of the last 6 months with these interim coaches to end up bringing back the same guy.  No matter who is in charge of US Soccer, it always seems to be a complete clown show.
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    As far as Berhalter goes, WTF?  I've never been a huge fan but what a complete waste of the last 6 months with these interim coaches to end up bringing back the same guy.  No matter who is in charge of US Soccer, it always seems to be a complete clown show.
    Classic USSF. I'm not upset at Berhalter coming back as I am the complete clown show the process was. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Jumb0 said:
    Classic USSF. I'm not upset at Berhalter coming back as I am the complete clown show the process was. 
    Even though how the accusations went down were shady as hell, they had to do some sort of investigation.  You can't just brush off something like that nowadays.

It is unfortunate that he was let go for a period of time.  But hey, he's back.

I forgot the name of the family that was butthurt and decided to shed the light on this 30 years later or so, I would hope they got banned at some point.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,459
    Reynas
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    I am so excited for soccer the next few years. Messi is going to bring an energy and attention we haven’t seen before. Plus leading up to the World Cup. Going to be an awesome few years for soccer. 

:yawn:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    What a half by Reyna. Also, this stadium is empty. 
  • Options
    Congrats USA on defending their Concaof title.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    LOL. We broke Mexico. They fired their manager after 7 games.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    LOL. We broke Mexico. They fired their manager after 7 games.
    I think we've beat them or tied like every game over the past couple of years?
  • Options
    2019 was the last time Mexico won. 

We are 5-2-3 in the last 10.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    2019 was the last time Mexico won. 

We are 5-2-3 in the last 10.
    Yes, nice.  I knew we were doing well against them these past few.

The team looks good.  Pulisic is amazing.  Hope to see us get a good run in the Cup.
  • Options
    It's the B team + Matt Turner. Should absolutely make the final and would be a bit of a disappointment not to win it all.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    It's the B team + Matt Turner. Should absolutely make the final and would be a bit of a disappointment not to win it all.
    The dreaded MLS B team.  Wanted to go to the game Saturday vs Jamaica in Chicago but the prices are crazy.  Wish they would have the Gold Cup every 4 years so it actually mattered.  But that's now how CONCACAF rolls.
  • Options
    Happy I didn't waste money on that game last night.  That starting lineup was rough.  They did look better with the subs.  Bailed out by Turner saving a penalty.  This tourney might be a struggle.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Lol Messi 
  • Options
    Somewhere in the middle eastern desert Ronaldo is sooooo bitter telling everyone “I’m not mad, you’re mad”
  • Options
    Lol Messi 
    He's going to absolutely dominate that joke of a league.

Nice start for the US women last night.  That game easily could've been 6 or 7-0.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    My 5 year old nephew kept accusing the Vietnamese of cheating last night because they had boys on their team.

Like half the team seemed to have really short hair cuts. lol

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    My 5 year old nephew kept accusing the Vietnamese of cheating last night because they had boys on their team.

Like half the team seemed to have really short hair cuts. lol

Your kid isn't woke enough, lol.

I remember Vietnamese females always having short hair for years.  Now you say it that is odd I never noticed it.

Women's team looks like they need more practice together.
  • Options
    True test for the ladies tonight against Netherlands
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,924
    Jumb0 said:
    True test for the ladies tonight against Netherlands
    Should be a great game!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Anyone checking out these Leagues Cup matches?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Anyone checking out these Leagues Cup matches?

Only the one Nashville (my team) has played
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    The team that the Union kicked the shit out of tonight from MX was awful.  

The USWNT had a draw.  I thought they would smoke everyone.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,459
    Netherlands played a solid 50 minutes of frustrating total football - gotta give them credit. The US is not nearly as good as past teams at finishing - there is no proverbial Carli Lloyd on this team.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I thought the women’s game was a lot of fun. Really like that 10 on the Dutch. Scrappy
  • Options
    I thought the women’s game was a lot of fun. Really like that 10 on the Dutch. Scrappy
    Yeah that was really entertaining.  The Dutch are really tough....very disciplined team that rarely makes mistakes.

Also didn't realize that Trinity Rodman is Dennis Rodman's daughter.
  • Options
    Yeah that was really entertaining.  The Dutch are really tough....very disciplined team that rarely makes mistakes.

Also didn't realize that Trinity Rodman is Dennis Rodman's daughter.
    Rodmans daughter is a beast on this team.  Keep your eye on her!

Van De Donk, #10 for the Netherlands was tough as hell.  She wore that swim cap so she didn't bleed everywhere.

That's a competitor!

She and Horan are actually friends but played like they wanted to kill each other, lol.