*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Sixers played the champs tougher than anyone else. 

Embiid better have hired a personal chef by now and should be working out everyday. 
    Ben should be taking a ten million jumpers a day. 

Gotta be better next year. 

#runitback
    and they only had less than half a season to play together.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

Embiid better have hired a personal chef by now and should be working out everyday. 

#runitback
    Embiid cost them a title this year.  if he doesn't get sick like a little child and the Warriors had the same injuries Sixers probably win it all. 
    pjhawks said:

#runitback
    Embiid cost them a title this year.  if he doesn't get sick like a little child and the Warriors had the same injuries Sixers probably win it all. 
    i guess adults don't get sink. I'm sure you perform better at your job when you're sick. Embiid is the only reason they had a shot this year. 
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    pjhawks said:

#runitback
    i guess adults don't get sink. I'm sure you perform better at your job when you're sick. Embiid is the only reason they had a shot this year. 
    i don't (knock on wood).  once in 25 years have I missed a day of work because of sickness.  and i'm not a professional athlete who has access to health professionals on a daily basis.  he even admitted he needs to take better care of himself.  he cost them the Toronto series by not being healthy. Knees, feet and back i can understand...sickness for a pro athlete for 4 days or however long it was...nope.  
    edited June 2019
    He's still the only reason we had a shot and I still disagree with you.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    The guy was shitting himself and puking for days. That is being sick, not an upset stomach from eating fried foods. 
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

#runitback
    Yes they did.

1,000 X YES on Embiid & Simmons.

I'd sign up with the keeping the starting 5 intact, unless they can find a player for Reddick?(But, keep Reddick if they can to bring off the bench)

Gonna be a interesting off-season for the 76ers & the NBA.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    cutz said:

#runitback
    Yes they did.

1,000 X YES on Embiid & Simmons.

I'd sign up with the keeping the starting 5 intact, unless they can find a player for Reddick?(But, keep Reddick if they can to bring off the bench)

Gonna be a interesting off-season for the 76ers & the NBA.
    Yes sir. I am feeling pretty optimistic at this point. Only two weeks away from free agency. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Horford leaving Boston seems like good news. Hopefully both him and Kawhi go to the Clippers

hashtagrunitback
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Horford leaving Boston seems like good news. Hopefully both him and Kawhi go to the Clippers

hashtagrunitback
    Bye AL!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Rumor that they my try to acquire another 1st round pick. Nothing major though.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Did the 76ers get Danny Ainged AGAIN?? (76ers get a player from U Washington in trade with Celtics)

That #33 pick could've been Carsen Edwards and now the Celtics Drafted him.
    I like Thybulle. He seems like a good kid. Not sure what the nonsense was with all the other picks.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    cutz said:
    Did the 76ers get Danny Ainged AGAIN?? (76ers get a player from U Washington in trade with Celtics)

Yup. Boston did what Hinkie did to Orlando - obviously to a lesser extent, but they smelled blood that the Sixers wanted Thybulle and took advantage of the situation.

Brand scares me because he was given the keys to a Lambo and now who knows what he does with it. He's been able to coast under the radar because the pieces were in place and now is his first real test. I don't think I can wait till the 30th. One of the best parts of the process is there's actual thought and methodology put in behind the madness, it led to optimism that at least there was a plan. I don't know if there's a plan now other than hope you can sign both Butler and Harris, which you pretty much have to given everything you gave up for both - or rather everything you gave up for Harris.
    JK_Livin said:
    I like Thybulle. He seems like a good kid. Not sure what the nonsense was with all the other picks.
    I don't get trading the big guy from Maryland.  I like that guy a lot and looked like a perfect backup to Embiiid.   the NBA draft annoying with all the trades. Don't understand why they can't just announce them at the time like every other league does. 
    cutz said:

Yeah I like Thybulle but you’re right. Probably didn’t have to trade up and could’ve have Edwards at 33...

From what I’ve read about Thybulle, kid could be another Roco. Defense with him and Zhaire off the bench will be real good 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    cutz said:

But seriously I think Carsen Edwards is a backup PG at best, everyone is judging him based off the regional final game VS Virginia where he was phenomenal, but he's pretty small, so I wouldn't fret too much over losing out on him. He's a depth guy at best I think.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    cutz said:

Yup. Boston did what Hinkie did to Orlando - obviously to a lesser extent, but they smelled blood that the Sixers wanted Thybulle and took advantage of the situation.

Brand scares me because he was given the keys to a Lambo and now who knows what he does with it. He's been able to coast under the radar because the pieces were in place and now is his first real test. I don't think I can wait till the 30th. One of the best parts of the process is there's actual thought and methodology put in behind the madness, it led to optimism that at least there was a plan. I don't know if there's a plan now other than hope you can sign both Butler and Harris, which you pretty much have to given everything you gave up for both - or rather everything you gave up for Harris.
    I think the plan all along is to resign Butler & Harris. Unless, they can get another FA besides one of those 2?  Can't wait for the 30th.
    Poncier said:
    cutz said:

But seriously I think Carsen Edwards is a backup PG at best, everyone is judging him based off the regional final game VS Virginia where he was phenomenal, but he's pretty small, so I wouldn't fret too much over losing out on him. He's a depth guy at best I think.
    Exactly on Edwards. 76ers need a backup PG . I saw Edwards more then that game VS Virginia. He can really shoot which the 76ers also need. Though, i worry about him the defensive side of the ball.
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    I don't get trading the big guy from Maryland.  I like that guy a lot and looked like a perfect backup to Embiiid.   the NBA draft annoying with all the trades. Don't understand why they can't just announce them at the time like every other league does. 
    My guess is Brand wants a Veteran backup Center?
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Your going to possibly sign two guys to max contracts. Having low cost backups would seem to be a good idea. You had five picks and got one guy out of it. 
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Your going to possibly sign two guys to max contracts. Having low cost backups would seem to be a good idea. You had five picks and got one guy out of it. 
    Agreed...but aren’t you one of the people who always complained about Hinkie acquiring all these second rounders in the first place?

There’s usually a pretty big difference between early second round talent and late second round talent. Needed to use at least one of those picks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Agreed...but aren’t you one of the people who always complained about Hinkie acquiring all these second rounders in the first place?

There’s usually a pretty big difference between early second round talent and late second round talent. Needed to use at least one of those picks. 
    Yes but I really liked the big guy from maryland. I think he will be a really serviceable nba guy
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I like the Tobias Harris deal
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710

hashtagrunitback
    how about Horford to here? 4 years $109 mil

Jimmy Buckets to Miami for Josh Richardson and I'm guessing more

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    What in the fuck
    I like it. I liked Jimmy but Richardson can replace JJ's shooting and he plays better D. He's also way younger than Jimmy and JJ.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited July 2019
    Overpaid for Toby but I like him and think he'll be better without Jimmy on the floor with him.

I was hoping they could convince JJ to take less money and come off the bench for a chance at a ring. Need to find another shooter to come off the bench.

Horford is a good signing. 3 years would've been better but it takes away Embiid's kryptonite in the East. Him and Emiid together defensively is a nightmare for teams. Offensively he spreads the floor. PLUS---it allows them to manage Embiid's load more effectively. He's also a fantastic backup center if they stagger their minutes effectively. 

Agree with you JK about Richardson. Younger, more athletic wing who plays really good D. Shoots above average from three too.

Pressure is on Simmons to develop any semblance of a shot and actually shoot it in games now. Concerned about losing a "closer" in Jimmy. But man.......gotta be the best defensive starting five in basketball right now. Get me Patrick Beverly to back up Ben and another shooter............BOOM. I think we''ve got a hell of a shot to get to the finals. 

Edit--fuck. Didn't realize Beverly signed already.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Overpaid for Toby but I like him and think he'll be better without Jimmy on the floor with him.

I was hoping they could convince JJ to take less money and come off the bench for a chance at a ring. Need to find another shooter to come off the bench.

Horford is a good signing. 3 years would've been better but it takes away Embiid's kryptonite in the East. Him and Emiid together defensively is a nightmare for teams. Offensively he spreads the floor. PLUS---it allows them to manage Embiid's load more effectively. He's also a fantastic backup center if they stagger their minutes effectively. 

Agree with you JK about Richardson. Younger, more athletic wing who plays really good D. Shoots above average from three too.

Pressure is on Simmons to develop any semblance of a shot and actually shoot it in games now. Concerned about losing a "closer" in Jimmy. But man.......gotta be the best defensive starting five in basketball right now. Get me Patrick Beverly to back up Ben and another shooter............BOOM. I think we''ve got a hell of a shot to get to the finals. 

Edit--fuck. Didn't realize Beverly signed already.

clearly they are gong for D.  With the two rookies Smith and the dude from Washington.   Still need at least one shooter, if not 2 though.

the NBA money is so crazy, do you realize Tobias Harris will make on average more per year than Bryce Harper? 

chinese-happy.jpg